How does gamesharing work?

Discus and support How does gamesharing work? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Me and my friend are planning to screen share to have access to eachothers games. The question in particular is that i do not have live and he does. If... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Travis Pham1, May 30, 2023.

1. Travis Pham1
    Travis Pham1 Guest

Me and my friend are planning to screen share to have access to eachothers games. The question in particular is that i do not have live and he does. If he makes my account the home xbox does that mean he will lose the live? And if not, would we have to make the others account the home xbox on eachothers xbox?

:)

Travis Pham1, May 30, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Ideally you should only be setting your own console as your Home console. It's so your console has your game licenses so if you need to play offline, you can access the games you purchased and anyone else who lives in your home or visits you, can access your purchases. If you give your friend your account information, or he gives you his, in order to "game share", you would be violating the code of conduct and would be putting yourselves at risk of being banned.
  3. Smwutches Win User

It wouldn't affect anything on their account.
  4. Travis Pham1 Win User

that wasnt my question. If i were to gameshare with someone like a family member, would they lose live if they had bought it on that xbox? If they had also set my account as the home xbox?
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

may not be your question but he gave you the valid response, you state you are going to share with a friend, that is not family so therefore violating the TOC.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

shadowkeep

I believe when it comes to destiny 2 gamesharing wont work as its linked to the account it first launches on
    Gamesharing does work on Destiny 2. It's only the preorder bonuses that do not work with the gamesharing as they are for the person that preorders/bought the game.
Thema:

1. How does gamesharing work? - Similar Threads - does gamesharing

2. I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does...: I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does not show me a 25 character code wat does this mean 5fe8e417-47fe-4cce-a0a8-57ad3395a992
  3. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  4. I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...: Yes I bought a used xbox recently that didn't reveal to me that The console was Band I know, I can't play using online functions but does that Mean that I can't download the games that I've...
  5. LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.: I tried to watch hulu one day, started up the controller and console like normal, was able to open hulu with the buttons but after that all buttons except L3 R3 RT LT stopped working, I've tried...
  6. How does my group post violate the community standards?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How does my group post violate the community standards?: So a few days ago i was making a group post for people to join my community server on rust console. In the post i stated.”Repoping diortopia3x giving outpost starts first 10 gets tp to build spot”...
  7. Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?: Around 6 months ago I decided to buy an Xbox Series S, all was fine except that after only weeks of use, the controller was drifting to a point of being unusable. I then bought another, it came...
  8. Does anyone know is gamesharing cod mw3 working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know is gamesharing cod mw3 working?: Even after Release l cant play it. Gamesharing with my son. Please help? df7f63c3-544c-4c3e-a4cf-d875ddf068fb
  9. Does it go against the TOS to GameShare with a friend?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does it go against the TOS to GameShare with a friend?: Just wanted to know if I would be able to GameShare with a friend. But wanted to be sure it doesn't go against the TOS or guidelines. e8244f50-2008-4588-b249-9c94497c7345
  10. Why does my gameshare not work for NBA 2k23?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my gameshare not work for NBA 2k23?: My friend is gamesharing with me and i can play every game that he shared with my for free except for NBA 2k23. For some reason, it wants me to download 2k for the full price despite my friend...