How do you use a mouse and keyboard for game pass on PC? It wants a controller for every game.

Discus and support How do you use a mouse and keyboard for game pass on PC? It wants a controller for every game. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How do you use a mouse and keyboard for game pass on PC? It wants a controller for every game. 14aa0f9a-d9d0-4f8e-bf14-98219e221604 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JERRY LAMBERT, May 19, 2023.

1. How do you use a mouse and keyboard for game pass on PC? It wants a controller for every game.

How do you use a mouse and keyboard for game pass on PC? It wants a controller for every game.

:)

JERRY LAMBERT, May 19, 2023
  2. RippenHarra Win User

Keyboard and mouse support on the Xbox One

Online gaming would become unbalanced. Not everyone on console wants to game with keyboard and mouse. Most on PC do so for the most part its balanced but only by how good the mouse/keyboards you buy so can be uneven. If you choose to use controller on PC
    your at a disadvantage. Everyone with controller on console exactly even for online.

Not to mention i have to bring a keyboard and mouse to my loungroom to be competitive.
  3. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Jerry. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

There are only some games that are officially supported by a keyboard and mouse setup.

You can check the list of games that are supported from this link, https://www.purexbox.com/guides/all-xbox-games-....

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

For other games that are not on the list, you will need to use a controller.
  4. Default_570 Win User

XBOX One X Controller on PC causing games to alt tab

not every game has full controller support on the PC

if the game does not work right, use a keyboard and mouse
  5. Zen Like Calm Win User

Keyboard and mouse.. WHEN!???

Console gaming is meant to be more simpler than PC gaming. No system requirements to worry about. No viruses to worry about. Keyboard and mouse commands from PC gaming, is more complicated than using a controller which has only a few buttons. A controller
    is simpler, instead of pressing A, N,Z,B,5,3,Tab, Enter, Alt, F1, etc etc.
    While a keyboard certainly does have more buttons you actually don't use them all while gaming. Indeed you use about the same amount of buttons to play a game with a keyboard and mouse as you do with a controller.

Honestly if you want a keyboard and mouse, get a PC! We don't want this PC rubbish on console.
    Well as this thread proves, people do want keyboard and mouse on console. Just look at the popularity of the adaptors for further proof. Plus as I said before allowing native support would actually level the playing field far more than Microsoft allowing
    keyboard and mouse adaptors to be used on the system.

A Windows PC easily supports the Xbox controller as well as keyboard and mouse. There really is no reason to disallow the option on the Xbox One, especially since it too is Windows based.
  6. jasondavid08 Win User

Xbox series X and wireless display

Sure so basically I play games on the gaming PC but sometimes I want to be in the living room. I don't want to lug it around.

xbox has the wireless display app which screen mirrors from your pc but also allows you to use the xbox controller for input.

I still want to use mouse and keyboard and I cannot figure out how to keep using mouse and keyboard when xbox is running the wireless display app. It always reverts to the controller only.

I basically want to use the xbox and the wireless display app like moonlight but keep using a mouse and keyboard instead of the xbox controller.

Is that more clear?
Thema:

1. How do you use a mouse and keyboard for game pass on PC? It wants a controller for every game. - Similar Threads - mouse keyboard game

2. xbox cloud gaming showing touch screen ui on pc even with a keyboard and mouse connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox cloud gaming showing touch screen ui on pc even with a keyboard and mouse connection: im in xbox insider for cloud gaming keyboard on pc it was working great a couple of weeks ago untill recentley when i play fortnite it shows the touch screen instead of the console version which...
  3. Coud gaming using keyboard / mouse on Mac ?

in XboX Insiders
    Coud gaming using keyboard / mouse on Mac ?: Hello Insiders Im part of Deta release and Im up to date so according to last changelogs I should be able to test keyboard / mouse beta through cloud gaming on browser :...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse and Keyboard not working in game on series X (The finals specifically): So, I picked up a series X the other day yet am used to PC gaming in competitive games so I would like playing with my M&K in the finals. For some reason, even though I can use my keyboard and...
  5. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  6. Why can't You Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't You Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  7. Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...: Whenever I go on any game like roblox.gta.or any Lego game it says controller disconnected or it doesn't let me start I have to get a controller just to press start so I need to know how to fix...
  8. can't switch to keyboard and mouse warhammer darktide on game pass for pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't switch to keyboard and mouse warhammer darktide on game pass for pc: Warhammer Darktide won't load (cloud gaming) from game pass on pc until i connect a controller and it won't let me swith to keyboard and mouse in game. Is ther a fix for this or do i have to play...
  9. mouse and keyboard on cloud gaming pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mouse and keyboard on cloud gaming pc: Yes i have xbox game pass ultimate plus the xbox app and when i click cloud gaming on starfield it wont let me play with my mouse and keyboard. Can someone help me please and thanks...
  10. Keyboard and mouse for X Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse for X Cloud Gaming?: Hello, to cut to the point I would like to use a keyboard and mouse to play games on Xbox cloud gaming. When I load into multiple different games, neither my keyboard, nor mouse work in-game. But...