How do you upload xbox gamebar captures to Xbox Live on Windows 11

Discus and support How do you upload xbox gamebar captures to Xbox Live on Windows 11 in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I just got a new Windows 11 computer and I've been recording clips using game bar. I would like to send them to my friends but I don't see an option to... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by GiantHogWeed, Feb 15, 2022.

1. GiantHogWeed
    GiantHogWeed Guest

I just got a new Windows 11 computer and I've been recording clips using game bar. I would like to send them to my friends but I don't see an option to upload any of the clips to xbox live. I also don't see a way to trim the clips or edit anything but the name of the file. Is there a way to do this, or is my only choice to use a third party video editor and upload them to something like youtube? I like the convenience of being able to edit and share clips easily on the xbox one console, but I don't see this option available on pc. Does anyone know how?

Also, I notice that on game bar you have the option to record the past 30 seconds of gameplay. On the xbox one console you have several more options as to how much past game play you want to record: past 15 seconds, past 30 seconds, past 45 seconds, and so on up to the past 5 minutes of gameplay. I don't see those options in game bar, it looks like your only choice is the past 30 seconds, but I was wondering if there was a way to record more than that if need be.

:)

GiantHogWeed, Feb 15, 2022
  2. GiantHogWeed Win User

But what about uploading video clips to xbox live so that I can send it as a message to my friends?
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello GiantHogWeed, the Xbox game bar setup is usually in the Windows settings part.

Click the Windows start button »Settings»Games»Captures, there will be more game bar configuration options.

After you save to a folder depending on the file size you can upload to One drive or wherever you want with the correct application.
  4. GiantHogWeed Win User

Can you send a video clip as an xbox live message to frends after its' uploaded to onedrive? If so, how?
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, you won't get why the message center wasn't made to support large aquivos like capture, ideally export to One Drive and then send to where you want.

You also have the option to share the captures on your mobile device, but pay attention to the size of the files.
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

Why is there an xbox companion app and an xbox app for PC? Just put all the features in one app.

xbox companion app is a legacy app from early windows 10, they are moving things over to the xbox app and the companion app will be discontinued eventually. you don't really have any reason to use the companion app now, which is why it does not come preinstalled on windows 11. game clips uploaded to xbox live should be visible from the gamebar.
Thema:

1. How do you upload xbox gamebar captures to Xbox Live on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - upload gamebar captures

2. Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?: I had a previous question about this, but I did some more testing and found more info that may help determine the problem. Essentially whenever I take a game clip I can access it through the...
  3. Xbox 360 saves stuck 'Pending Upload'

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 saves stuck 'Pending Upload': Hello, I'm currently on Beta Ring (xb_flt_2405zn.240411-2000) I've recently started playing fallout 3 on Xbox Series X but I wanted to continue my save on my series s but my save was not...
  4. Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile: Both my boyfriend and I have the new Xbox X console. When I was there I downloaded Fallout New Vegas and played it the past 2 days. I got home and installed New Vegas and was planning on...
  5. Re uploading Screenshot to my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Re uploading Screenshot to my xbox: So I uploaded my screenshots to my one drive now I would like them back on my xbox is there any way for getting them back on 52da9a02-b9b3-40eb-b2cf-ec3f23661ba6
  6. Xbox series s - Upload saved games to the cloud.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s - Upload saved games to the cloud.: Hi all, Any chance to explain how to choose a game and upload his save game MANUALLY to the cloud? On PlayStation it was so easy, choose the game, select the content, select the save game then...
  7. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  8. Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network: My game captures are not uploading to one drive and the xbox network and are stuck at 0%. I have tried restarting the console multiple times but it still does not work. My wifi is perfect and the...
  9. Can't log in to WWE2k Uploader with xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't log in to WWE2k Uploader with xbox account: I'm trying to log in to wwe2k image uploader but it won't let me. a62ad580-cf6b-4608-9845-ce88a267d0c5
  10. Can't upload gamebar screen captures with ":" (colon) in title of game

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't upload gamebar screen captures with ":" (colon) in title of game: As we all know, Microsoft does not allow for the use of ":" (colons) in the naming convention of files. However, some games have them in their titles and this will prevent you from uploading your...