How do you turn off Crossplay, and still be able to play?

Discus and support How do you turn off Crossplay, and still be able to play? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought my xbox to play a single game, Warzone, I honestly don't use it for anything else. It is not only unfair playing warzone cross platform... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by David_hates_crossplay, Oct 26, 2022.

1. How do you turn off Crossplay, and still be able to play?

I bought my xbox to play a single game, Warzone, I honestly don't use it for anything else.

It is not only unfair playing warzone cross platform against PC players who are using keyboards and mice, but I've also noticed 99% of the people I'm sure are cheating are on PC too.

When I turn cross play off, I can't join any games - the warning clearly says you need cross play enabled to proceed.

Before I go out and buy a playstation which I hear can disable crossplay, is there a way to do it on xbox?

It's not going to be a huge investment switching, but given my friends play on xbox, then we'll all have to change (they are equally frustrated so it's probably not a hard sell).

So, can I turn cross play off in warzone (or the upcoming warzone 2) and be able to play or is the only solution changing going to be swtiching to playstation?

Thanks

:)

David_hates_crossplay, Oct 26, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Because the answer is the same every time

Microsoft does not own Activision

They do not possess the source code, or the ability to change the game’s functions in any way

Therefore you need to ask the people who can.

I’m sorry but there’s no other answer that can be given. You are authenticated to Activision’s servers by Xbox Live, and all matchmaking takes place there.

What about these statements specifically do you believe is inaccurate?
  3. ngocphi Win User

Actually they do

You forget market share power has everything to do with what you get or are you forgetting BlackBerry or Nokia who couldn't compete against the economics of scale of Google samsung and apple

Fyi you can turn off cross play you just not looking at the right spot

First, go to the dashboard and press the Xbox button. Now you can select 'Settings.' Now follow these steps:

1. Select 'General'
    2. Now 'Online Safety and Family'
    3. Next, select 'Privacy and Online Safety'
    4. Open 'Xbox Privacy'
    5. Select 'View Details and Customise'
    6. Now 'Communication and Multiplayer'
    7. Finally, use the 'You Can Join Cross-Network Play' section and switch it to 'Block'
    Keep.I'm mind you take the risks doing since you will have less players doing so
  4. tauchaos Win User

Only way to turn crossplay off is to mess with your console settings and honestly you probably won't find a game.

Sony made a deal with Activision thats why they can disable it and honestly I'm tempted to go PlayStation after being xbox since day one. Sick of being forced to play with pc players
  5. Gods1stassasin Win User

Again, xbox (Microsoft) is the only platform where this is so! Early in the discussion microsoft threw that answer out a lot. Now they don't, for a reason! Anyone who does any amount of research and looks into it is clearly pointed to the fact that this is 100% a Microsoft choice. Sony allows you to play with it off. PC allows it. Only Microsoft doesn't. That's not Activision. Actually, Activision has even come out on this issue and said clearly that it was on Microsofts side. So you may use the same answer time and again, but whether it's because it's your job or because of ignorance of the issue, you are very very wrong! I love XBOX and want to come back to the platform, but until they choose to put their player base first and above their ambitions of market shares then I won't be back. So what, you may say, but look online and witness the massive grumbling of an entire community.

Before I close I am going to prove this point beyond a shadow of a doubt. I will show 100% that regardless of code or ownership this issue lays completely at Microsofts feet. You say they have no choice or control? Well the simple fact that Activision allows (or so you say) Sony players an accommodation that they deny Microsoft players is a serious violation and discrimination. If Activision allowed both platforms and excluded Microsoft (xbox) then there would be a serious problem and they would have to answer. Microsoft wouldn't allow it and would have them in court before the summons ink could dry. So from that perspective you are literally saying that Microsoft just doesn't care enough about their xbox base enough to fight for them? Yea, okill go with that since you are so adamant. Now instead of it being an issue where Microsoft is choosing to force us to crossplay in hopes of touching PC market shares, it's worse and they are literally allowing Activison to discriminate against xbox players and denying us options they afford all other players. Microsoft just doesn't care enough to stop it. So you see, either way, it's a Microsoft issue and your answer doesn't hold water!
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

You ned to ask Activision that question, as only they have that information or the ability to change it.
Thema:

1. How do you turn off Crossplay, and still be able to play? - Similar Threads - turn off Crossplay

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  5. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0
  6. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  7. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  8. my xbox keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox keeps turning off: my xbox series s just ahd an update and switched off now every time I go to switch on the console it just turns off automatically is there anything I should do e6232de2-3e72-4c6b-adab-1c16dca694fe
  9. When are you going to give us the ability turn off crossplay.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When are you going to give us the ability turn off crossplay.: I know Xbox has the ability to turn off crossplay. PC community cheats way too often and we’re at a disadvantag. PlayStation allows for them to do it, so can you. Really like Xbox but if we don’t...
  10. Turn off CROSSPLAY in Microsoft account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turn off CROSSPLAY in Microsoft account.: WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO TURN OFF THIS CHEATING CROSSPLAY IN YOUR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT!? I TURNED IT OFF IN MY XBOX AND NOW IT WONT EVEN LET ME PLAY BECAUSE IT SAYS I NEED TO PROVIDE AUTHORIZATION...