How do you stop getting Xbox Live notifications of someone coming online that is no longer...

Discus and support How do you stop getting Xbox Live notifications of someone coming online that is no longer... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I will be super cautious who I add from now on. This has been such a nuisance. Every time this particular person comes online it notifies me. This... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Ms Melody, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Ms Melody
    Ms Melody Guest

How do you stop getting Xbox Live notifications of someone coming online that is no longer...

I will be super cautious who I add from now on. This has been such a nuisance. Every time this particular person comes online it notifies me. This person is no longer on my friends list. I have blocked, and muted them. That did not work. I also re-added them as a friend, to remove them again thinking maybe it glitched, and that has not worked either. I'm starting to believe this is a glitch that Microsoft doesn't know how to fix.

:)

Ms Melody, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Crafty-9F37DC1A-A075 Win User

Notifications Problems..

I am having a similar problem. My Xbox Live is no longer telling me when people sign on. I get notifications when someone sends me a message but specifically when someone signs online, no notification will come up.
  3. RHR cats Win User

How do you stop getting Xbox Live notifications of someone coming online that is no longer on my friend's list?

I will be super cautious who I add from now on. This has been such a nuisance. Every time this particular person comes online it notifies me. This person is no longer on my friends list. I have blocked, and muted them. That did not work. I also re-added them as a friend, to remove them again thinking maybe it glitched, and that has not worked either. I'm starting to believe this is a glitch that Microsoft doesn't know how to fix.
    question if I may ask have you tried turning off your online notifications in system setting's.
  4. Miguel Molina O Win User

How do you stop getting Xbox Live notifications of someone coming online that is no longer on my friend's list?

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

First I will proceed to do a power cycle to see if it is caused by a glitch on your device.

Please proceed to do a power cycle to fix the issue

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button  on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button  on the console or the Xbox button  on your controller.

If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

Important If your console is in Sleep mode, the above steps will shut the console off completely. Sleep mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.

Also

WUIJIBOBO Xbox Ambassador posted a workaround to a user who had a similar issue:

"That seems like a strange issue, I don't really know what could be causing it, but there's a simple workaround just in case there isn't a way to fix it. If you set your online notifications to only pop when favourites come online, it should eliminate the issue.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console...

Click on the "Friends and Broadcasts" tab, scroll down to the bottom where it says "Show for" and switch it from "All Friends" to "Favourites only".

Also, double check your friends list, it's possible that blocking somebody might not remove them from your friends list (I would have assumed that block would also delete them, but you never know these days)."

Original post

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

If your problem persists or the problem is fixed please let me know!
  5. RPM_911 Win User

How do I stop sending my friends notifications that I am live?

But that stops them from seeing you are online at all. How do you stop sending notifications that you are online but still let them see you are by going to their friends tab. It’s the notifications are the privacy problem.
  6. Rv Ferguson Win User

No notification when friends come online (notifications turned on )

Same here. I no longer get notifications when friends come online. I only get notifications when a friend is playing the same game as me. Msg notifications and party invites works fine, but it's kinda annoying if you're playing a different game waiting for
    your friends to come online.
Thema:

1. How do you stop getting Xbox Live notifications of someone coming online that is no longer... - Similar Threads - stop getting Live

2. How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc: Getting this error when trying to install game pass games and only game pass games on my computer. I have tried rebooting and resetting caches. This error happens on both microsoft store and xbox...
  3. How do I stop getting rhis message saying “ Try launching again shortly

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I stop getting rhis message saying “ Try launching again shortly: Hello, I’m am a Xbox player and I’m having trouble with this message I’m getting, when ever I try to click my profile or click the Xbox logo, It’s showing me “ Try launching again shortly, If...
  4. how to i get Xbox gamebar to stop opening with my controller

in XBoX on Windows
    how to i get Xbox gamebar to stop opening with my controller: I've tried literally everything, every setting related to gamebar I've unchecked/ checked. and still without fail it continues to open with my xbox button. I'm trying to use steam big picture mode...
  5. How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...: I've answered this every way possible and I still get the message every single time I turn on my Xbox. Please make it stop! [img] *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other*...
  6. It keeps stopping when it gets to the ready to play spot and I'm talking about gta 5

in XBoX Accessibility
    It keeps stopping when it gets to the ready to play spot and I'm talking about gta 5: Like fix it to where I can play 679882fd-2ae7-43cf-a0e2-13e7fd854d55
  7. How can I stop my Xbox from turning off if my tv gets turned off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my Xbox from turning off if my tv gets turned off?: When I am using my Xbox and my tv gets turned off for whatever reason, my Xbox will automatically shutdown. Is there a way I can turn this off? 491639a6-7312-46cf-887c-e6be8c5301d0
  8. How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...: I've answered this every way possible and I still get the message every single time I turn on my Xbox. Please make it stop! [img] a3c7bdb7-cc8d-4c64-869f-6ea01eb9e3ca
  9. Hi looking for help, my battle pass tokens stopped accumulating and I can't get them...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi looking for help, my battle pass tokens stopped accumulating and I can't get them...: Tried all basic troubleshooting like restarting, signing out and back in. They were working but just no longer count up, the gold bar gold up around the outside but when it completes no token...
  10. Can someone help me stop getting stuck on a syncing data screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone help me stop getting stuck on a syncing data screen?: I’ve been trying to play Starfield for over 3 hours. I have Game pass ultimate and wanted to play Starfield on my new pc but I cannot get passed the syncing data screen. I’ve looked around and...