How do you play with other friends through other clients. I.E. Xbox for Game pass and Steam

Discus and support How do you play with other friends through other clients. I.E. Xbox for Game pass and Steam in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to play Warhammer 40,000: Darktide with my friends through the game pass app on PC and have been unable to add them to the game I am... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SaintNicolas1, Dec 2, 2022.

1. How do you play with other friends through other clients. I.E. Xbox for Game pass and Steam

I have been trying to play Warhammer 40,000: Darktide with my friends through the game pass app on PC and have been unable to add them to the game I am in or join their game. They play on Steam, I have my steam account linked to my Xbox account and I am unable to transpose my friends list over so that I can send or receive messages through game pass overlay, but I am unable to accept invites to play with them. Darktide has a hub area where you can meet other players, but it appears that the hub area isn't shared between clients, I was unable to locate my friend while searching for him there. These are both PC games so it seems strange to me that we wouldn't be able to join each other's game and play together. Is there any way for me to add him to my friends list so that we can play together. If my friend had a Microsoft account, would we be able to play together, or is there some sort of separation between clients that prevents this?

:)

SaintNicolas1, Dec 2, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

How do you play with other friends through other clients. I.E. Xbox for Game pass and Steam

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello SaintNicolas, unfortunately not all games that are launched have cross platform, and the Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is one of them.

"Unfortunately, Warhammer 40K Darktide does not feature any type of cross-play or cross-platform support. The developers have stated that they might add it in the future, but as of right now, you cannot play with other platforms. You can only play with players that are on the same platform as you."

https://whatifgaming.com/is-warhammer-40k-darkt...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Shadowskill08 Win User

Xbox one

There is no Steam client/app on the Xbox. You wouldn't be able to play Steam games through the console.
  4. SammyVS Win User

Problem with games minimising

That's odd. Did you close the Steam client and processes while playing other games?
  5. I Rezyl Azzir I Win User

Xbox one

There is no Steam client/app on the Xbox. You wouldn't be able to play Steam games through the console. but you can play some xbox one games on the pc.
  6. Oliver Kompathoum Win User

Minecraft for windows not able to install?

Yes, they do. I have multiple games installed through multiple launchers and clients such as riot games, steam, and epic games. I also have other freestanding games launching fine as well.
Thema:

1. How do you play with other friends through other clients. I.E. Xbox for Game pass and Steam - Similar Threads - play friends through

2. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  3. How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?: I know that xbox live gold now is game pass core, but i want to be sure that when i will redeem game pass core code i would be able to play online. be780707-f773-462d-b006-4b52ef2c6e44
  4. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  5. Friends haven’t played games but have ?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends haven’t played games but have ?: So my friend and I play together a lot but now they’ve gone silent. I check their profile and check the game stats and it says they haven’t played any games. When I try to compare it says the same...
  6. How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?: How to play with Xbox friends?? I'm having an issue playing SOT on steam deck and trying to join an Xbox friend. After wasting a bunch of time trying to get the invite to work in game, I tried...
  7. Why am i not able to join when i play with my friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am i not able to join when i play with my friend: Ive been trying to play with my friend for a while but whenever i join its not letting me. It just says “unable to connect to world” 2ed46b5a-12a5-4e54-9cfe-d5b9098e9fc2
  8. Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...: Hey, I have a problem with my friend who has purchased the game on steam, i have it on my xbox and my question is that how can i and my friend get in the same game that one of us hosted?...
  9. Cant join friends playing mcc on steam.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant join friends playing mcc on steam.: Master Cheif Collection: We have both added eachother on steam and xbox and linked out steam accounts to xbox we managed to join and play yesterday but today we cant join eachother we both have...
  10. How do I watch my friend play his games through the Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I watch my friend play his games through the Xbox app: Back before the new Xbox update for iOS, I was able to watch my friend’s “stream” without him doing anything. After the update I cannot find this functionality again. Did they remove it? And if...