How do you invert axis Y for the right hand stick on the elite controller series 2

Discus and support How do you invert axis Y for the right hand stick on the elite controller series 2 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do you invert axis Y for the right hand stick on the elite controller series 2? 6f9ac78c-a940-43cb-ab48-d7eec8f75f87 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jamesvickers3, Jan 5, 2023.

1. How do you invert axis Y for the right hand stick on the elite controller series 2

How do you invert axis Y for the right hand stick on the elite controller series 2?

:)

jamesvickers3, Jan 5, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

How do you invert axis Y for the right hand stick on the elite controller series 2

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

To invert the Y-axis for the right joystick on an Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, you can follow these steps:

On your Xbox One console, go to "Settings" and select "Devices & Streaming."

Select "Accessories" and then choose the Elite controller you want to customize.

Scroll down to "Customize your stick & triggers" and select "Right Stick."

In the "Sensitivity" menu, you can adjust the "Vertical Inversion" setting to invert the Y-axis.

Alternatively, you can use the Xbox Accessories app on a Windows 10 PC to customize the controller's settings. To do this, follow these steps:

Connect the Elite controller to your PC using a USB cable.

Open the Xbox Accessories app and select the Elite controller.

Select "Configure" and then go to the "Sticks" tab.

From here, you can adjust the "Vertical Inversion" setting for the right stick to invert the Y-axis.

I hope this helps!
  3. Geri M. Win User

Where can I invert the x or y-axis for the analog stick on the Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - SCREENSHOT

Hi TryDifferentUsername,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you want to invert the x or y-axis for the analog stick on the Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. As per description, you cannot invert the X or Y- axis on the normal Xbox controller but not on the Elite.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. When did the problem started?
    2. Was this working before?
    3. Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

While waiting for your response, You can invert the x or y-axis for the analog stick on the Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller by following these steps:

• Open the Xbox Accessories app and select the Elite controller.
    • Select “Configure” and then go to the “Sticks” tab.
    • From here, you can adjust the “Vertical Inversion” setting for the right stick to invert the Y-axis1.
    • I hope this helps!

Received message. You can invert the x or y-axis for the analog stick on the Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller by following these steps:. Open the Xbox Accessories app and select the Elite controller. 2. Select "Configure" and then go to the "Sticks" tab.

We are looking forward to your response.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  4. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller profile help

Hi Beau,

I don't think it's possible at this moment to map the right or left sticks to assign them to specific buttons. What you can do is map clicking in the right stick into press Right Trigger. But the only customization with the sticks are swapping the left and the right, or inverting the Y axis.

I don't personally own the adaptive controller, but trying these settings with the Elite Series 2 controller does not allow me to do so. If there are any more questions, please let me know.

-Hayabusa
  5. TripleTopper321 Win User

How Do You Flip the X axis on a USB controller plugged into the Adaptive controller

If you said all I could do is swap the left x axis with the right x-axis that doesn't no good except switching hands.

I need the ability to invert the x-axis so that right becomes left and left becomes right for both the camera controls for Super Mario 64 like camera control and for making a right-handed fight stick left handed by rotating the physical fight stick 180 degrees, and flipping the left x axis and flipping the left y axis for both of those purposes.

You could remap the left x axis to the right x-axis but you can't flip either axis there's a big difference between remapping axes and flipping axes

Neither your application app for the standard controller nor the Adaptive controller will let you flip the axes. You could flip the y-axis for like flight games but you never thought of flipping the x-axis for Super Mario 64 and for right-handing a fight stick.

I know if the digital inputs are used you could simply map up to be down down to be up as well as right to be left and left to be right on the d-pad and you got a perfectly inverted joystick but some games like ones that use digital movement can't do that easily.
  6. TripleTopper321 Win User

Why is Invert Y axis an option and Invert X axis not?

Actually it is on the system level. The downloading app on Xbox called the Xbox accessories app. It works for both regular controllers and adaptive controllers.

That is like the almost perfect app for dealing with controllers.

You convert the left stick Y Axis, you can invert the right stick y axis.

You could swap the left stick and the right stick functions but you can't invert either x-axis.

Also the buttons have a funny issue that the triggers can only be swapped with each other and all the other made buttons could be swapped with each other but you can't mix triggers and non triggers.

I don't know if you do that that was a way that Xbox universally deals with controllers.
Thema:

1. How do you invert axis Y for the right hand stick on the elite controller series 2 - Similar Threads - invert axis right

2. Invert X-Axis in Xbox Accessories app

in XboX Insiders
    Invert X-Axis in Xbox Accessories app: Xbox Accessories>Configure>Edit>Mapping>Right Stick>Primary>"Invert X-Axis" does not exist! (Invert Y-axis) is a setting that exists, exactly, in the same menu. However, having an X-axis...
  3. Hello I need my xbox controllers rs to be inverted in windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I need my xbox controllers rs to be inverted in windows.: Hello I need my xbox controllers rs to be inverted in windows. I tried doing this using the xbox accessories app but after ticking invert right stick there is no button to save the profile....
  4. How to invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X?: On the Xbox Series X from the Accessibility section of the Settings menu how do I invert the X axis of the Right Analogue Stick. e0ff03c1-70bf-4fed-9419-5546493afcbd
  5. How can I invert my video?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I invert my video?: The video is now inverted and I couldn't revert it back to the original settings. Need help... a62b2e9e-a684-477a-a27d-2ad6588a97d7
  6. Screen capture videos on age of empire 4 save in inverted/negative colours?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen capture videos on age of empire 4 save in inverted/negative colours?: When I record screen capture videos on age of empire 4 it only saves in strange colours ie negative colour scheme. It does not do this on other games. I have had a look at the settings but...
  7. Invert X-Axis on Xbox Series

in XBoX on Consoles
    Invert X-Axis on Xbox Series: Hi there, My girlfriend is certainly one of the few percentages of humanity for whom the x and y axes have to be inverted in many games (e.g. working with point-of-view angles). She regularly...
  8. Where can I invert the x or y-axis for the analog stick on the Xbox Elite Series 2...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I invert the x or y-axis for the analog stick on the Xbox Elite Series 2...: This is a screenshot of the Xbox Accessories app. As you can see I am on the stick tab. There is no option to invert the x or y-axis. Why can I invert them on a normal Xbox controller but not...
  9. Option to invert left stick x-axis in Xbox Accessories App on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Option to invert left stick x-axis in Xbox Accessories App on PC: Would it be possible to add the option, in the Xbox Accessories App on PC, to invert the x-axis of the left stick of the xbox one controller (or any supported controller)? I can't imagine that it...
  10. There is no option to invert the x or y-axis on the Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    There is no option to invert the x or y-axis on the Elite Series 2: You can invert them on a normal controller but not on the Elite Series 2. I looked through the Xbox Accessories App but there is no option for it with the Elite....