How do you get the Xbox app on PC to connect to the console?

Discus and support How do you get the Xbox app on PC to connect to the console? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; How do you get the Xbox app on PC to connect to the console? This was working last week, now it's gone. The console does not appear not does any... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Verity Brooks, May 19, 2024.

1. How do you get the Xbox app on PC to connect to the console?

This was working last week, now it's gone. The console does not appear not does any option related to it.

:)

Verity Brooks, May 19, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Verity , my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

First, let's try a simple fix, please, power cycle the console to clear its cache data and try again.

To do it, follow these steps:

Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 60 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 60 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

Plug the console power cable back in.

Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Then, on your compute, reset your network settings:

Please, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + X > Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced Network Settings > Network Reset > Reset Now.

[​IMG]

Let me know if it works!
  3. Randver Win User

What is the point of having a Xbox One?

@tohellnbak

look at this way.. will PC users get a GWG for PC use only? if so... how is that fair to the Console members that get it because they are "gold"(XBL Subscription) member but if all you need to do to get a game for the PC is have the app and an
    internet connection..

That's the part I'm not getting....if you're a PC gamer without a Xbox what does getting GWG get you? They're going to give me Steam, Blizzard, Origin, Desura games for free? The only games MS has control over on the PC are the app style games in their Win
    8 store. I haven't played any of the multiplayer ones....do you connect to Live when you play them?
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Can't download any games on Xbox Console Companion for PC

Hi Da1AndOnlyKman,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. If I'm understanding what is happening correctly, your Xbox app is crashing, is that right?

Are you using the Xbox Console Companion app on your PC to connect with your gaming on console while streaming, or are you attempting to use it to play games on the Windows 10 PC itself? If so, then I would recommend the following support article as it has
    great troubleshooting in that regard: Troubleshooting Xbox Console Companion app game streaming on Windows 10.

If you'd like to download games (especially Play Anywhere titles like the ones you mentioned)and play them solely on your PC, then you'll need to use the Xbox (Beta) app to do so. The following support articles can further detail how to accomplish
    this:

What is the Xbox (Beta) app and how do I use it?

How do I get the Xbox (Beta) app?

Give the solutions a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out!
  5. Gimpy_P Win User

Hidden in party chat?

If he can do it repeatedly I'd find out how he's connecting to the chat: Console, PC, or App. Report it to Xbox, the more info you can provide the easier it will be for them to track the issue.
  6. FallenEMZ Win User

Can not connect to console on my PC

This may help

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/apps-help/how-to-use-game-streaming-in-xbox-console-companion-app

To use Xbox game streaming, you must first enable game streaming from your Xbox One. To do this, press the
    Xbox button  to open the guide, select
    System > Settings > Preferences
    > Xbox app connectivity. Do these two things:

1. Under This Xbox, select
      Allow game streaming to other devices
    2. Under Other devices, select
      Allow connections from any device
      or Only from profiles signed in on this Xbox.

Connect your Windows 10 PC to your Xbox One

After ensuring that your console settings are correct, you need to establish a connection from your Windows 10 PC to your Xbox One console from within the Xbox Console Companion app on your PC:
    1. On your PC, launch the Xbox Console Companion app.
    2. Select Connection from the panel on the left side.
    3. The Xbox Console Companion app will scan your home network for available Xbox One consoles. Select the name of the console you want to connect to.
    The xbox is set up perfectly, the xbox even appears in the add device area of the Connection panel, it just will not connect and the message "We couldn't connect to your console. Make sure the console is still on and connected
    to the same network as this device." appears
Thema:

1. How do you get the Xbox app on PC to connect to the console? - Similar Threads - app connect console

2. How do i connect xbox app to console without a monitor?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i connect xbox app to console without a monitor?: Ive been using my memory on how the xbox menu looks to navigate it, but ive been having trouble connecting the app to the console. It's just stuck on the "Turn on your console and sign in with...
  3. Need help connecting xbox console to the app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help connecting xbox console to the app: I cannot connect my Xbox to the app I click connect a new console and it says click yes or something idk on the console but it just doesn't show up pls help b27e6254-30b5-459a-9e98-3853694d4b79
  4. I have got a new xbox s and I have connected the console to tv but unable to get to the app...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have got a new xbox s and I have connected the console to tv but unable to get to the app...: *** ***removed sensitive information from post*** a1f4b37b-783f-4932-9035-392dd0ed26c0
  5. Why can't I connect my console to the app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I connect my console to the app?: How do I connect my console to the app? I've attempted to many times and it never worked. Help please. d5d7c9ce-6d5b-4733-9b10-75fea9295432
  6. How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?: I want to connect my laptop to my xbox one console by hdmi but I dont have the xbox console companion app pre installed and i cant find it it any store.... How can I connect my cosole to my laptop...
  7. What's going on with the xbox app I'm getting the we found your console but can't connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What's going on with the xbox app I'm getting the we found your console but can't connect: This is getting ridiculous now like I can't play remote play at all 2be4ca10-9267-46f1-8e62-7a2f4c1526f4
  8. Discord connected on apps but having to reconnect on console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord connected on apps but having to reconnect on console?: Hello, I just booted up my console and have had no previous issues connecting to discord through my xbox. I have followed all of the steps and reconnected my discord 7 times and restarted the...
  9. xbox app won't connect to console

in XboX Insiders
    xbox app won't connect to console: I've already set up but i'm trying to set up my app to my console but it just says sign in with your account and when i do that it either gives me an error or doesn't do anything submitted by...
  10. My nephews Xbox refuses to connect to the app. It is an existing console, on the same wifi,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My nephews Xbox refuses to connect to the app. It is an existing console, on the same wifi,...: My nephews Xbox refuses to connect to the app. It is an existing console, on the same wifi, his account is signed in. It is an Xbox one S. 6a2508e6-0b83-4c23-90a9-495fcdb0063c