How do you fix a grayed out "join party" tab?

Discus and support How do you fix a grayed out "join party" tab? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So my join party tab has been grayed out for a little over a week now and I still haven't been able to join parties when my friends invite me. My NAT... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by IBMatt, Nov 3, 2022.

1. IBMatt
    IBMatt Guest

So my join party tab has been grayed out for a little over a week now and I still haven't been able to join parties when my friends invite me. My NAT type is open, I've tried wired and wireless network connections and I have xbox live gold till October of next year. Idk how to fix this but if anyone can help, it would be very much appreciated.

:)

IBMatt, Nov 3, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. moistdamp Win User

Can't join or start parties on Xbox Beta

Reinstalling it changes the join xbox one party button to be always grayed out even when my friend is in a party that is not invite only.
  4. Ayemac Win User

MY TOP 10 ISSUES WITH XB1 AND ADVANCED WARFARE

I've found that it's a timing issue - meaning once it pops up and states, "Party Time!" you almost have to wait for the very second that it states just under that "Hold the X button to join party." (Or whatever it states.)

If that doesn't work, then I have had SOME luck pushing the home button once and then going to the upper, top-left corner for messages. There you will a slew of invites and messages. Sometimes it lets me join; sometimes it doesn't.

Then, if that doesn't work, I believe you can go to the Friends tab at the top, select a friend, and drill down within that to join a party and/or game.

It's stupid and rarely works, which is the most frustrating piece. It worked quite well on the 360, so why change it? In fact, if you COULDN'T join a game (not a "Party," as Activision now calls it), that option was grayed out! You could only join if it
    wasn't grayed out and had the joinable icon next to the friend's name. Not now. Nooooooo. Now you have to select Join Game and wait to see if it states that the session is full. Love the game; hate the method.

Hey, Activision: Start at the ground level and focus on interaction and connectivity. FOCUS, Activision!
  5. JeffJJJ Win User

we couldnt get your last saved data.

Ummmm no.... not sure where you got that info.

They fixed the issue, but the update they pushed was to fix party chat issues. Nothing to do with live server back-end.

Here are the note is the private forum for the testers.

"FIXES

Fix for Parties that were unjoinable: Some of you reported that you found the “Join Party” button greyed out when trying to join a friend’s Party. Tonight’s release contains a fix for this issue. "
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Cloud Gaming with friends

There's a tab about creating and joining a party. That's the most you can do on cloud gaming at this time unfortunately. You're welcome
Thema:

1. How do you fix a grayed out "join party" tab? - Similar Threads - fix grayed join

2. how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor: Hello, I’ve been having problems with my display - and I’m not sure what it is. I have a Xbox series s with a 165 hz and 1080p monitor to go with it. I use this setup to play mostly cod at 120 fps...
  3. XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...: im trying to play madden and ten minutes into playing my xbox logs out and takes me back to the home screen then the button infront of the xbox blinks i have a cooling system on it to prevent over...
  4. How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my controller that disconnects every 30 seconds.: I just got a Xbox series x and a brand new controller. Every controller I connect to the Xbox disconnects ever 30 seconds and reconnects. I can’t play games without being frustrated. What do I do?...
  5. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  6. Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?: I was playing and recording clips for dark souls 3 bosses on a Sandusky 128gb 3.0 usb for the past two days. It was going fine until I got to a certain boss and went to record a clip. I pressed...
  7. Why I'd 3 quarters of my xbox screen glitched and how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I'd 3 quarters of my xbox screen glitched and how do I fix it: The top right quarter is all stretched out and the bottom half is just black and I don't know how to fix it 8ea5438a-22de-48c2-bd86-8ffd13470b49
  8. Can't add a payment method fix

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't add a payment method fix: At first you need to change your country/region to Germany. And you need to type this address while adding a payment method: Address Line 1: Boylstoin St. Postal code: 01605 City: Worcester...
  9. True ihave the same issue wish they would fix it play button is grayed out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    True ihave the same issue wish they would fix it play button is grayed out: Play button is grayed out how do I fix it on the game pass 704ad2f7-7dd0-4e44-a406-2042019bbf0d
  10. How do I fix my invite to game button it is gray and I have done everything possible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my invite to game button it is gray and I have done everything possible: I have done everything I can find and it hasn't fix the invite to game button f1b2b87c-beec-44a1-a647-f395a9565952