How do you download a game remotely

Discus and support How do you download a game remotely in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am new to Xbox.... just purchased for my grandson who is 5. I purchased a game online but I cannot figure out how to download to the console. There's... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Andrea Wilkinson1, Apr 14, 2024.

1. How do you download a game remotely

I am new to Xbox.... just purchased for my grandson who is 5. I purchased a game online but I cannot figure out how to download to the console. There's no option in the settings. Please help!

:)

Andrea Wilkinson1, Apr 14, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Andrea! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues downloading the game you purchased.

To clarify, has the account you used to purchase this game been added to the console? this is necessary to download it, even if the installation is done remotely.

If you have an Xbox One or Xbox Series S/X console, these instructions should work.

• To add an account to your console:

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    - Go to the "Profile & system" tab.
    - Select "Add or Switch" > "Add new"
    - Sign in with the Microsoft Account used to purchase the game.

Once this is done, the game should be available for download at My Games and Apps > Full library > Owned games. This is the easiest way to download a game.

------

• To enable remote installations:

- Sign in to the account you used to purchase this game.
    - Go to Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features, and enable remote features.
    - Then go to Settings > General > Power options > and make sure your console's power mode is set to "Sleep".

------

• To trigger a download from the Xbox website:

- Go to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and sign in to the account you used to purchase this game.
    - From your order history, click the game's picture/name to go to its listing on the Microsoft Store.
    - While on the listing page, look for a green button that says "Install to - You own this" and click on it.

*If this button is not visible on the website, check if you are still signed in to your account on the top-right corner of the screen.

- Select the console from the list of available devices.

------

• To trigger a download from the Xbox mobile app:

- Download the Xbox mobile app.
    - Sign in to your Microsoft Account.
    - On the Xbox app, press the console icon followed by "Set up a console" > "Add existing console".

*If the console is already connected to the app, you can skip this step.

- Once the app and your console are paired, tap the library icon, tap on the game, and select "Download to console"
    - This will trigger a digital download on your console.

------

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help.
    Best regards.
  3. Raymond Nwabueze Win User

DLC not working

I figured out how to download it. For me I had to remote download season pass 5 from xbox.com. Check the microsoft instructions to learn how to do to remote download I hope it works for you
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Can I download my digital games onto external hard drive

You need to have external drives plugged into the Xbox (as stated by other Ambassadors) you can not plug into a PC to download games.

FreakRoach explains how to be able to remotely download to your Xbox and having external drives set as default download.
  5. gds1972 Win User

Every time XboxOne X starts, I get message Installation Stopped on games I never wanted to install

Hi

Generally it will only try to push a game for remote install when you first complete a purchase if your account is setup to do this and after this when you next view the title in the store you will need to manually trigger the title to remotely download
    on the console.
  6. Anglemingle Win User

Buying a 2nd Xbox (Digitial version)

Hello, thank you so much for your help.

I'm sorry, but can you explain the following - if the new xbox isn't digital and all the games they have purchased previously have been digital downloads then how do we download them onto a non digital console.

Apologies - but using the tv remote is about as technical as I get!
Thema:

1. How do you download a game remotely - Similar Threads - download game remotely

2. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  3. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  4. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  5. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  6. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  7. Disc games won't download on my series x

in XboX Insiders
    Disc games won't download on my series x: So I've recently started to download/redownload some disc games on my series x such as watchdogs 2 and titanfall 2 but they keep stopping I've tried to reinstall but its doesn't work can someone...
  8. Can't download disc games on Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    Can't download disc games on Xbox one: I'm trying to install Forza Horizon 2 on my xbox one but whenever I put the disc in it won't start installing and when I take the disc out it says installation stopped, Horizon 2 also doesn't seem...
  9. Downloading vs. Cloud gaming vs. Remote gaming??

in XboX Insiders
    Downloading vs. Cloud gaming vs. Remote gaming??: If I download my games to my laptop or an external harddrive will it be less sluggish? Is cloud gaming better than remote play for long distances? I live in alabama but work in north dakota. I...
  10. 2023 Again: Remote Play for Xbox-Games on a PC (Download Xbox Games). Why Its Not Working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2023 Again: Remote Play for Xbox-Games on a PC (Download Xbox Games). Why Its Not Working?: Hello everybody! I think that should be not ignored by Microsoft, even not a year later, i want to bring this up again. I would wish connect and bring all devices and games together. Thank you....