How do you delete a locked Microsoft account?

Discus and support How do you delete a locked Microsoft account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have 2 issues: 1. I'm trying to delete a locked account; I can't verify due to the message verification saying, 'We cannot send a text message to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ggxv_1, Nov 25, 2022.

1. ggxv_1
    ggxv_1 Guest

I have 2 issues:

1. I'm trying to delete a locked account; I can't verify due to the message verification saying, 'We cannot send a text message to this number', meaning I cannot access the account at all to delete it. What do I do??

I need to remove an email off this account as 1. I do not use it anymore and 2. I need to do a multi transfer as Microsoft don't do email transfers on main accounts if that email already has an account. I need to delete this account or at least remove the email by logging in first.

There's 3 accounts

1. The locked one I'm trying to access

2. My main account that's not linked with the xbox account I want to merge it with

3. The Xbox account I want to merge the email with

Has anyone got any advice on how to login to the account or get in to remove the email because if not, I'll be dead ended and that can't happen as I need to change my email on my main gaming account to my current email and not the old email I've been using for a while.

2. I need to change an email on my main Xbox account, but the email I would like to change it to, already has a Microsoft account as of which has been in use for many years. How do I remove both emails off both accounts to make my main Xbox account have the email I want on it??

:)

ggxv_1, Nov 25, 2022
  2. ggxv_1 Win User

1. That's a bummer, so I'm dead-ended on my locked account then? I can't do anything. Can't I get Microsoft to unlock the account or allow me to delete it?

2. That second point makes more sense, thank you.

So, what I am trying to do is to remove both emails off both accounts, and once both emails are removed, I can add the email I need to the account I want (being my main account). Is this possible?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi ggxv_1

Sorry if I wasn't clear, allow me to explain

1. If you're not able to log in that account you can't request the account closure.

2. This depends, if the email that you're trying to add isn't linked to a Microsoft account you can do it

(an existing outlook, hotmail, etc)

If that's the case, you can add a new alias following the steps on this article

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-...

But if you're referring to transfer the contents from one Microsoft account to other Microsoft account, that's not possible for security reasons

If you want an example of why this is not possible think about this:

What if someone steal your account and then this person impersonate you and ask Microsoft to transfer all your purchased games to a completely different account?
  4. ggxv_1 Win User

Thank you I am doing good thank you, just wondering how I'll deal with this issue

1. I'm not logged into that account that I'm trying to delete. It's the account I'm locked out of I'm trying to delete

2. You're saying I can't remove an email on one account and replace it with another one? So, from what I got from your reply, 'I am unable to switch emails from one account to another because of security reasons?' What do you mean
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, you can try to recover the account using the recovery form or the methods in the article below

https://account.live.com/acsr

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

But Microsoft can’t modify account details or reset the password for you :c

2. This depends, in some cases the email become available instantly once you remove it from a Microsoft account (if we are talking about a Microsoft domain email)
    You can try removing the email and check if you can add it as a new alias for the account
  6. ggxv_1 Win User

I just contacted Microsoft support, this lady had me fill in a form to send to Microsoft about unlocking the account with a case.

Thank you for your help
Thema:

1. How do you delete a locked Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - delete locked Microsoft

2. Can I delete an Xbox account without deleting a Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I delete an Xbox account without deleting a Microsoft account?: Is it possible to see what Xbox accounts I have linked to a Microsoft account? I’m trying to delete an Xbox account I have since it might be overlapping another account I actually use. If I can’t...
  3. Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an...: Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an now i cant find him please help me get that msg back so i can find him...
  4. Fallout New Vegas Data deleted after removing insider club

in XboX Insiders
    Fallout New Vegas Data deleted after removing insider club: I couldn't stand my series x console forcing an update every day at 6 in the morning and making me lose commendation ranks because of it, so I decided to take myself out of the alpha insider club....
  5. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  6. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  7. Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?: I don't have home internet, and the data is getting miscalculated by my provider and I can't use all of the hotspot they say I have access to.(i.e. I download a 5Gb update, and it blows through...
  8. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  9. Hi is my account old one locked again and why di you delete my posts

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi is my account old one locked again and why di you delete my posts: Sorry I don't know what I did wrong I tried to respectful 0566b397-67b1-4764-8c0a-0a7b645ea777
  10. Old hotmail account is locked, and the recovery mail box has been deleted

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old hotmail account is locked, and the recovery mail box has been deleted: Hello, I am writing this question from my professionnal mail because I don't have any other microsoft account. I plugged my old Xbox360 yesterday, and I can not access my profile for the reasons...