How do you create Custom Tags in “Looking for a Group”? I enter the tag but when I click on...

Discus and support How do you create Custom Tags in “Looking for a Group”? I enter the tag but when I click on... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; How do you create Custom Tags in “Looking for a Group”? I enter the tag but when I click on the enter tab it will not create it.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by vsp820, Jan 27, 2023.

1. vsp820
    vsp820 Guest

How do you create Custom Tags in “Looking for a Group”? I enter the tag but when I click on...

How do you create Custom Tags in “Looking for a Group”? I enter the tag but when I click on the enter tab it will not create it.

:)

vsp820, Jan 27, 2023
  2. vsp820 Win User

How do you create Custom Tags in “Looking for a Group”? I enter the tag but when I click on the enter tab it will not create it.

Sorry for the delayed response but I was on vacation. I tried dropping the # as suggested and this resolved my issue.

Thanks, I greatly appreciate the help.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello vsp820,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

When you use Looking for Group to create posts, you’re creating a “players wanted” ad for people in the Xbox community to browse and respond to. It’s an easy way to meet players with similar goals and interests—and you can recruit up to 15 people.

To create a Looking for Group post:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, select People, and then select Looking for Group.
    2. Select Search or create posts, and then select a game from the list (this takes you to its official club).
    3. Select a recently played game from the populated list, or search for a game by name.
    4. Select Create post.
    5. Add tags and a description, and then adjust the details, such as the number of players needed. You can schedule a time to gather by adjusting Day and Party start time, or if you want to gather people into a party right away, select Now.
    6. When you’re done, select Post.
    Create a Looking for Group post | Xbox Support

Basically, when creating a Looking for group post

Creating custom tag should show on the same page as +Create Custom Tag

Try creating a post and share with us a screenshot of the page for us to further investigate, I will check this with our internal team.

How to use Looking for Group

How to use Looking for Group | Xbox Support

Looking Forward for your next reply.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello vsp820,

Thank you for patiently waiting, as per our internal team: When creating custom tag you have to remove the hash. (#)

If you are creating an example #GAMERS custom tag,

Press Customer tag

Then Type GAMERS

Then Enter
  5. vsp820 Win User

It did not ask me to create a title. It is submitted under “Xbox and Gaming “ It was submitted today, 01/10/2023.
  6. vsp820 Win User

Thanks for the reply. I have absolutely no problem posting a “Looking for a Group” post I have created. My problem is when I try to create a “# custom tag “ it will not let me add that custom tag to my post. It will let me create the custom tag but either it will not add it or I am pushing the wrong key to add the created custom tag to my post. The pics provided show me creating the custom tag and which key I am using to add the tag. Any help appreciated.
Thema:

1. How do you create Custom Tags in “Looking for a Group”? I enter the tag but when I click on... - Similar Threads - create Custom Tags

2. I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...: There is no high performance option in my power plans and I tried to fix it by going in regedit to figure it out but i am too scared to mess up something in my computer so I didn't do anything in...
  3. Why does it say this email already exists when I try to create it but when I try logging...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say this email already exists when I try to create it but when I try logging...: I'm trying to make a hotmail for my sister so that I can make an xbox account for her. I tried to create an email for her from her device a long time ago through the Minecraft app, but after I...
  4. I cant remember the email I used when creating my xbox account

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant remember the email I used when creating my xbox account: Hi all I cant remember at all what email I used when I created my xbox account I know the gamertag and I have the number thats linked to it can microsoft tell me the email on my account if I have...
  5. Group post unable to send request and cannot create post trouble

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Group post unable to send request and cannot create post trouble: Hi i have been unable to be interested in group posts and unable to make a post on my xbox one i have checked my security settings which are unrestricted i have looked at other questions same as...
  6. Problems creating repair order

in XBoX on Windows
    Problems creating repair order: I’m unable to see any option except accessories when selecting an issue for a repair order. I just had the xbox serviced and it worked perfectly fine the last time. What am I missing?...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  8. I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...: If I create a party chat friends can join me and party chat is fine. But if I try join a friend's party chat it just keeps giving my connecting and then disconnects me. We have even tried that the...
  9. Can an XboxTv be created where a plasma TV has a built-in Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Can an XboxTv be created where a plasma TV has a built-in Xbox: This seems possible and would be a great convenience I would definitely buy one and hang it on my wall. submitted by /u/Zestyclose-Regular69 [link] [comments]
  10. Why can't I create a looking for group post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I create a looking for group post?: I have tried every youtube fix I could find, but none of them worked. I try to make an LFG post, but it says the same "unable to create Looking For Griup post" junk every time. It does the same...