How do we change a child's account to a teen account?

Discus and support How do we change a child's account to a teen account? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We have an X Box one S and there is only one account on it, it is my son's. He has a child account at the moment but is growing up fast and now wants... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JimmyCricket292, Jan 12, 2017.

1. How do we change a child's account to a teen account?

We have an X Box one S and there is only one account on it, it is my son's. He has a child account at the moment but is growing up fast and now wants a teen account. How do I change it?

:)

JimmyCricket292, Jan 12, 2017
  2. Dave231995
    Dave231995 Guest
    Xbox Music for Kids Account

How can you make it possible to download music on a child's account. Each time we use xbox music to try to download a song, we get the error message that says the content cannot be purchased with a child or teen account.

Dave231995, Jan 12, 2017
  3. CurledAura5
    CurledAura5 Guest
    Redeeming vouchers child account

Hello,

I have redeemed a voucher on my child's account who has created an Xbox account. However, when my child tries to make a purchase of a DVD, we get an error saying child/teens cannot make purchases.

How can I resolve this?

CurledAura5, Jan 12, 2017
  4. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

Hey there -

It sounds like you're wanting to alter some of the privacy permissions on your son's account. We have information here regarding the

privacy/security settings
    available. You will need to log into the family's admin account to alter the settings on your son's account.

Let us know if you have any further questions. How do we change a child's account to a teen account? :)

Miss Bijoux, Jan 13, 2017
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey there -

It sounds like you're wanting to alter some of the privacy permissions on your son's account. We have information here regarding the

privacy/security settings
    available. You will need to log into the family's admin account to alter the settings on your son's account.

Let us know if you have any further questions. :)
  6. RomkaZzz Win User

Child account unable to download gifted cars

7. FreeAndSay Win User

Gamerpic

Hi there,

No there isn't, even if you change his account to teen and change the gamer picture then change his account back to a child, the custom pic will delete immediately. It's a good idea to do what StuartATrueRed has suggested

Thank you!
  8. ChiefJoboo Win User

Constantly redirected to support site when trying to access profile settings

This means your account is a child/teen account. Xbox account age can not be changed as it is permanently connected to the first date of birth entered when creating your microsoft account. This can't be changed even by xbox support. Your account will be
    promoted to an adult account when that original birth date reaches 18 (19 in Korea). You can change your microsoft account age but that doesn't change your xbox account age.

If your xbox account is a child/teen account, you will need an adult to create an account, invite you to a family group and change some privacy settings for you - although there is no setting to allow a child to upload a custom gamerpic before they're 18.
  9. ArminatorX Win User

Change a microsoft adult account to a child account.

Unfortunately, there is no fix yet.

You could do the following:

Create a new child account for your teenager, and change the password of the adult account, so the child can't access it anymore.

Make sure the adult account has set the Xbox One console the teen is playing on as the adult account's "Home Console" (In the settings under Personalization).

That way the console will share all games that belong to the adult account to every other account playing on that "Home Console".

So your teen can still play the games of the adult account, while under the restrictions of the child account.
Thema:

1. How do we change a child's account to a teen account? - Similar Threads - change child's account

2. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  3. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  4. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  5. Change Adult Account into Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Adult Account into Child Account: I accidentally made what was supposed to be a child account an adult account and I need to change it but it's not letting me. I don't want to delete all of the progress on the account tho....
  6. change child's account region

in XBoX Accessibility
    change child's account region: It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb
  7. Change account to make organizer into child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change account to make organizer into child account: Hello, I need some tech help. When we got our xbox, I set up an account for my son. I then set up a different account from my daughter using a different email address as I was not tech savvy...
  8. Child account changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account changes: Hey there, community! Some of you may start to get an email, or message on your screen when signing into Xbox, detailing that you need to have a parent or guardian sign into their account to...
  9. Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?: Hello, When my son started using his Xbox, he created his profil using my Microsoft account. However, I cannot use the parental control on the Xbox because the only account is an adult account....
  10. How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?: How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account? None of the previous threads answers this question as it has since changed. Please include step by step instructions. Under the...