How do unpair a media remote from my tv?

Discus and support How do unpair a media remote from my tv? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently tried to pair my media remote to the tv and my sound bar to control the volume and now when my Xbox One shuts off, the tv and sound bar go... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XboxChop, Mar 26, 2023.

1. XboxChop
    XboxChop Guest

I recently tried to pair my media remote to the tv and my sound bar to control the volume and now when my Xbox One shuts off, the tv and sound bar go off too, even when I’m watching something on a different input. I just want to unpair from the tv so this doesn’t happen anymore.

:)

XboxChop, Mar 26, 2023
  2. Susyamogus1 Win User

Hi XboxChop, I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

I am afraid there is no direct way to unpair the media remote from your TV as it uses the IR sensor. The only option you have is to perhaps put a piece of black tape of the sensor to stop it receiving from the remote or I'd recommend removing the batteries. You can also refer to https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne... for more information.

You can also try to configure it from the Settings (Found under My games & apps)

Click 'TV & OneGuide Settings'
    Click 'Devices'
    Select Your TV Brand (available brands are: LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, VIZIO)
    Then click 'Next'
    Click 'Automatic'
    Click 'Send Command' and this shouuld mute your TV, If it does click 'Yes', If not click 'No'
    If Clicked 'Yes' Skip
    If Clicked 'No' then it will try various signals to figure out your TV model, if this is still now working it will ask for you to enter your TV model manually.
    Now click 'B' to go back to 'TV & OneGuide Settings' Then click 'Power Settings'
    Select '"Xbox One" Turns on my devices' and '"Xbox turn off" Turns off my TV'
    Im having the same issue thanks
  3. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi XboxChop, I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

I am afraid there is no direct way to unpair the media remote from your TV as it uses the IR sensor. The only option you have is to perhaps put a piece of black tape of the sensor to stop it receiving from the remote or I'd recommend removing the batteries. You can also refer to https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne... for more information.

You can also try to configure it from the Settings (Found under My games & apps)

Click 'TV & OneGuide Settings'

Click 'Devices'

Select Your TV Brand (available brands are: LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, VIZIO)

Then click 'Next'

Click 'Automatic'

Click 'Send Command' and this shouuld mute your TV, If it does click 'Yes', If not click 'No'

If Clicked 'Yes' Skip

If Clicked 'No' then it will try various signals to figure out your TV model, if this is still now working it will ask for you to enter your TV model manually.

Now click 'B' to go back to 'TV & OneGuide Settings' Then click 'Power Settings'

Select '"Xbox One" Turns on my devices' and '"Xbox turn off" Turns off my TV'
  4. Mrliddell76 Win User

XBox 360 media remote code for SamSung Hp-S5053

Program the media remote for your TV

Before your media remote can work with your television set, you need to program it for use with your particular brand of TV. There are two ways to program your media remote: manually entering your TV code or scanning to find your TV code.

Note After 30 seconds of inactivity, the media remote will exit the TV programming mode. Pressing any button besides Select, 0–9, or Channel Up/Down returns the media remote to its original mode and ends programming mode. Now, take the batteries out of the
    remote for about 3 - 5 minutes to allow it to reset. From there replace the batteries in the remote and try the instruction that came with the remote (PDF). If that doesn't work then try to program the remote to a different tv to make sure the remote works
    properly. Please just remember to program the remote within 9 seconds to prevent the

remote from resetting again in the middle of programming it.

Watch the following video to see how to program the media remote for your TV.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox One media remote

Hi there Leper,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the compatibility between the Xbox One Media remote and TV.

Check out the following troubleshooting article:

If the problem persists, try this:

The Media Remote works for most functions but will not control my TV

Controlling your TV with the Media Remote requires you to first configure your Xbox One to control your TV through the console settings. To learn how to do this, see

Set up live TV with your Xbox One

Try this out and let us know the results.
  6. usc1903-F36EA084-687 Win User

Original xbox programming to work with sony tv

Check this:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/media-remote

Scan for a TV code

You can send a sequence of codes to from your remote to your TV to find the right code for your TV, if you do not know it.

1. Turn on your TV and point the media remote toward it.
    2. Press and hold the Mute and 5 buttons simultaneously for two seconds to enter TV programming mode.
    3. Press the Channel Up button repeatedly to send one code per button press from your media remote to your TV. By pressing Channel Up, you advance the code each time.
    4. When the correct code is sent from the media remote to your TV, your TV will turn off. Press the Select button to confirm your code.
Thema:

1. How do unpair a media remote from my tv? - Similar Threads - unpair media remote

2. Unpair controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unpair controller: I need to unpair/unstnc my old co troller from my Xbox so I can connect it to my Apple TV. All searches say “hold the pair button” but it is not working, my Apple TV never sees it, and it is not...
  3. How to unpair steelseries 9x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unpair steelseries 9x?: I have problem with my 9X, it wants to pair without permission to my Xbox SX. Is there anyway to make sure that my 9X would not do that? I have reseted under cushion, used the power cycle (15...
  4. My steel series 7x headset won’t connect back to the Xbox one after unpairing. How can I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My steel series 7x headset won’t connect back to the Xbox one after unpairing. How can I...: How to get my steel series 7x headset paired to my Xbox one again f8447f31-e886-449d-a699-e04ae12892b3
  5. Xbox x controllers unpairing and repairing days later?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox x controllers unpairing and repairing days later?: Have a problem with my xbox x controllers they will stop connecting to my xbox x. I tried reparing them and will not pair with them. I tried connection via usb and the xbox will not pick up...
  6. Hello I just have a question… how do you unpair a microsoft account with a playstation...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello I just have a question… how do you unpair a microsoft account with a playstation...: Hello I have a question… how can I unpair a microsoft account from a playstation account and is it possible? Thank you 7b5365e7-47de-48ff-b542-17c0bc8b6b10
  7. Controller refusing to unpair or pair to a system, and pairing to a nonexistant device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller refusing to unpair or pair to a system, and pairing to a nonexistant device: Basically as the title says. When I put the controller into pairing mode, it connects to the nonexistant device, which also happens if I hold sync. bce7b9ba-0885-4610-9f46-725a56b8f56e
  8. Reset Factory and Unpair elite controllers

in XBoX Accessibility
    Reset Factory and Unpair elite controllers: Hi. I play 2 xbox elite 2 controller, but now not working conts in Fifa 22. I tried unsync or unpair all controllers, but nothing.. Factory reseted my Series X console, but easily connect the...
  9. Need to unpair new Xbox Wireless Headset but have already returned it; how can I remove the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to unpair new Xbox Wireless Headset but have already returned it; how can I remove the...: I had a (new) Xbox Wireless headset, which unfortunately failed to maintain a stable connection to my Xbox series S. I returned it, but neglected to unpair it from my console. Now I have the old...
  10. unpair stealth 700

in XBoX on Consoles
    unpair stealth 700: I have the turtle beach stealth 700 headset paired to my xbox, but id like to be able to disconnect it from xbox and use it with my pc when im not on xbox one. I have it bluetoothed to my pc, but...