How do I use voice chat over my TV rather than through the head set?

Discus and support How do I use voice chat over my TV rather than through the head set? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I would like to have users voice chat through my TV rather than the head seat. How do I do that? I know on the 360 you had that option.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VoodooGTS, Jan 3, 2014.

1. VoodooGTS
    VoodooGTS Guest

I would like to have users voice chat through my TV rather than the head seat. How do I do that? I know on the 360 you had that option.

:)

VoodooGTS, Jan 3, 2014
  2. VoodooGTS
    VoodooGTS Guest
    How do I use voice chat over my tv rather than through the head set?

How do I use voice chat over my TV speakers rather than on the head set? I know 360 had the option to do so. I want to hear users voice on my TV.

Thanks.

VoodooGTS, Jan 3, 2014
  3. VoodooGTS
    VoodooGTS Guest

I would like to hear users voice through my speakers but use my head set mic to chat.

I know on the 360 we had that option. Does the Xbox One.

VoodooGTS, Jan 3, 2014
  4. DEACON
    DEACON Guest

they don't separate the option anymore on Xbox One .. it's listed as "use Kinect for chat". and not "Play through both" like it is on 360. So just make sure you have that option selected under Kinect Settings.

DEACON, Jan 3, 2014
  5. Deathnad
    Deathnad Guest
    Should be obvious but it will "auto-switch" input source, so it will use the kinect microphone if the option vDEACON mentioned is enabled, until you connect a headset at which point it will no longer use the kinect and only the headset. I have not found
    a way to use both.

Deathnad, Jan 3, 2014
  6. VoodooGTS
    VoodooGTS Guest
    I do not want kinect as my mic. i want to use my headset mic for my voice and and hear peoples voice through my TV speakers.

VoodooGTS, Oct 31, 2018
  7. VoodooGTS Win User

I do not want kinect as my mic. i want to use my headset mic for my voice and and hear peoples voice through my TV speakers.
  8. DEACON Win User

they don't separate the option anymore on Xbox One .. it's listed as "use Kinect for chat". and not "Play through both" like it is on 360. So just make sure you have that option selected under Kinect Settings.
  9. VoodooGTS Win User

I would like to hear users voice through my speakers but use my head set mic to chat.

I know on the 360 we had that option. Does the Xbox One.
  10. Toys R Us Creep Win User

I want to do the exact opposite lol.

Party chat is really messed up on Xbox One.
  11. Deathnad Win User

Should be obvious but it will "auto-switch" input source, so it will use the kinect microphone if the option vDEACON mentioned is enabled, until you connect a headset at which point it will no longer use the kinect and only the headset. I have not found
    a way to use both.
Thema:

1. How do I use voice chat over my TV rather than through the head set? - Similar Threads - voice chat rather

2. Mw2 voice chat won't work! In channels it says "voice and text chat disabled due to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Mw2 voice chat won't work! In channels it says "voice and text chat disabled due to...: Voice and text chat disabled due to platform restrictions and I have everything unrestricted so if someone could tell me why my Voice chat won't work that'd be sweet...
  3. Can Roblox chat (even voice chat) return to Xbox One since their game rating has changed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can Roblox chat (even voice chat) return to Xbox One since their game rating has changed?: Apparently, Roblox removed the ability to chat on the Xbox One because it violated Microsoft’s rules, since their game rating was rated E. However, their game rating has now changed, and they have...
  4. How do I get voice chat on game channel recorded?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get voice chat on game channel recorded?: For some reason, the voices in voice chat (game channel) don't get recorded when I record a clip on a game. I don't know if it has to do with Xbox settings or if it's an intentional console thing....
  5. Can we no longer record in-game voice chat audio using a capture card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we no longer record in-game voice chat audio using a capture card?: So I play a lot of Modern Warfare and before January of this year I was able to use my capture card to record in-game voice chat audio from my teammates. But since then I have not not been able to...
  6. Sorry, Voice and Text chat aren’t available [0x800C0005]

in XBoX on Windows
    Sorry, Voice and Text chat aren’t available [0x800C0005]: I literally have been dealing with this for about 3 weeks and Its were I cant even look at my privacy settings and change my online status PLEASE FIX THIS. e580dead-44b4-46fc-be61-296e683e9903
  7. Is Anyone Else Having Issues With Voice Chat in Xbox Cloud Gaming on MacOS?

in XboX Insiders
    Is Anyone Else Having Issues With Voice Chat in Xbox Cloud Gaming on MacOS?: I've used voice chat in Xbox Cloud Gaming before, but yesterday my party couldn't hear me, though I could hear them. I've contacted Xbox Support and they troubleshot with me a few things, but...
  8. Party voice chat only works via headset

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party voice chat only works via headset: I linked my Xbox with Discord account, I successfully joined Discord voice chat on Xbox. However, regardless of what i select as party audio output (Headset, Speakers, Headset and Speakers) the...
  9. Discord transfers to Xbox, but the voice chat itself does not work.

in XboX Insiders
    Discord transfers to Xbox, but the voice chat itself does not work.: Discord transfers to Xbox, however, I am unable to talk, or hear, and I am continuously told that no mic has been detected and I cannot see who is on call. submitted by /u/ALMIGHTY_BUGABOO_GOD...
  10. How do I use voice chat over my tv rather than through the head set?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use voice chat over my tv rather than through the head set?: How do I use voice chat over my TV speakers rather than on the head set? I know 360 had the option to do so. I want to hear users voice on my TV. Thanks. 4c15bec2-b3c9-4b96-832b-82037821eab2