How do i use my usb microphone not my head set but a streaming microphone on cloud gaming...

Discus and support How do i use my usb microphone not my head set but a streaming microphone on cloud gaming... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How do i use my usb microphone not my head set but a streaming microphone on cloud gaming using a chromebook. I already tried resetting my permissions... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by giselacashin, Mar 4, 2023.

1. giselacashin
    giselacashin Guest

How do i use my usb microphone not my head set but a streaming microphone on cloud gaming...

How do i use my usb microphone not my head set but a streaming microphone on cloud gaming using a chromebook. I already tried resetting my permissions for cloud gaming and nothing has work

:)

giselacashin, Mar 4, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Is there any Usb microphone works on Xbox one s?

The Xbox One does not support USB Microphones. You could just use a headset for talking while streaming your games or stream using your PC, and use a USB microphone on there instead.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

USB Microphone Compatibility

As there is a standard for webcams introduced in Windows 10, most "off the shelf" cameras that are certified for Windows 10 will work with Xbox One as a replacement for the camera part of Kinect for streaming.

However, for USB microphones, there is no such standard yet, and therefore, Microsoft can't add multiple different drivers for USB microphones, as it makes no sense to add a driver for multiple types of Microphones.

So either get a microphone that has a 3.5mm jack and put that into the controller (with an adapter to convert the Microphone jack to a CTIA compliant jack if necessary), or set up your stream to go through your PC and use the Microphone on your PC to add
    your voice to the stream.
  4. matthewiag Win User

Xbox One Steaming with Gen 3 A50s

Does the Astro A50 have a Stream Out Port?

I have the Astro A40 with Mix Amp Pro and I use the Stream Out port connected to the Microphone port to the PC.

If you do you just need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. You would also need to change the Stream Out Port setting in Astro Command center to party chat only.

Then I have 3 Audio Channels with 3 audio sliders

Capture Card (Game)

Microphone (Part Chat)

USB Yeti (Microphone)
  5. Coolarj10 Win User

Bug: Microphone doesn't work after disconnecting Windows 10 streaming

Update: Regarding issue #2 (Headaet adapter issues while connecting Xbox One controller to Windows 10 PC for streaming)

I discovered that:

1) The headset adapter is just treated like an additional headphone and microphone under the Windows audio settings.

2) To select which microphone to use (e.g. PC mic or microphone attached to Headset Adapter), set the desired microphone as your default device by right clicking volume/speaker icon at the bottom right of the taskbar and click "Recording devices."

3) Odd behavior or malfunctions (e.g. headet microphone not working when streaming to Wkndows 10) may occur when there are too many USB plugged into the computer, causing insufficient USB controller resources.

When I plugged the Xbox One controller directly into my Surface Pro 2, the microphone automatically worked fine. When I docked my Surface Pro 2 into its docking station and plugged the Xbox One controller into the docking station's USB port, my headset adapter/Stereo
    Headset's microphone was recognized, but the decibel meter would not detect any sound when spoken into. Occasionally, I would receive a "insufficient USB controller resources" error. This could also be an issue related to connecting the Xbox One controller
    to a USB hub.

Regarding issue #1 (headset adapter/stereo headset's microphone not working on Xbox One after disconnecting from streaming), I will see if I experience it again to isolate the issue.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Stream mic Xbox One (PC)

It depends on the type of your streaming Microphone.

If it's an USB microphone, then no.

If the Microphone has an analogue connector (e.g. 3.5mm jack), you could use a headphone/microphone to CTIA adapter, and plug your Astro into the headphone plug and your streamer microphone to the microphone plug, and then plug the CTIA adapter into the
    controller.

Alternatively, if you use a third party streaming software and are screen capturing from your PC, you can start the Party through the Xbox App on your PC, and stream the game to a capture card on your PC. Then you can mix the game audio from the captured
    console with your party sound (if your streaming software allows such a mix), and then stream that from your capturing PC to your streaming platform.
Thema:

1. How do i use my usb microphone not my head set but a streaming microphone on cloud gaming... - Similar Threads - usb microphone head

2. How can I fix the USB port on the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix the USB port on the Xbox series X?: My USB port is not working. eb61813a-29d9-401d-9798-10dd411f2927
  3. Dualshock 4 not working with my computer when connected through USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dualshock 4 not working with my computer when connected through USB: The yellow bar lights up and sometimes it resets my audio devices, but it isn't recognized by games unless I have it connected by bluetooth, which I typically keep off. The controller did work via...
  4. How do i fix this Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix this Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed): [img] [img] I’ve tried everything and I’ve watched 30 YouTube videos and they didn’t help I’ve changed power plan and everything else 83e65527-88d8-47ab-a72a-a8387e7769ad
  5. Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?: i have a usb microphone that i do not use and its just collecting dust. So i thought it would be nice to have an upgrade for a mic so i attempted to plug in the mic and the party was saying it...
  6. How to connect usb microphones let's sing to xbox x series

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to connect usb microphones let's sing to xbox x series: I've bought the game; let's sing 2023 for xbox x series, a complete package with 2 wired usb microphones. How can I connect them to the xbox x series? There is only one usb port in front of the...
  7. USB Microphones & Xbox Customer Service.

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Microphones & Xbox Customer Service.: So I purchased several expensive microphones, like the Blues and Rodes and figured out they don't work with xbox the hard way. Which lead me here to figure it out. This is more of a complaint...
  8. Why is my usb microphone not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my usb microphone not working?: I have tried everything suggested by the microphone company and from YouTube videos. When I test my microphone in the computer settings, it detects my voice but extremely low even when I tap on...
  9. USB microphone on Xbox Series X/S

in XboX Insiders
    USB microphone on Xbox Series X/S: Will Xbox ever release an update that would allow a USB mic to be plugged straight into the Xbox? Instead, I have to connect my mic to my PC and remote stream my Xbox. Pretty annoying considering...
  10. Does anyone use a USB Microphone on their Xbox Series X console? If so, how do you have it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone use a USB Microphone on their Xbox Series X console? If so, how do you have it...: Hello Fellow Gamers. I used to game on an older spec Gaming Pc, Started having issues and bought a Xbox Series X (which is awesome) Realized that what I used to use for a Mic and Headset won't...