How do I use credit on my microsoft account to pay for an item that a member of my microsoft ...

Discus and support How do I use credit on my microsoft account to pay for an item that a member of my microsoft ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son received some x box gift cards for his birthday so I redeemed them on my account thinking that when he requests some V-bucks then I can approve... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DaveKayAdlib, Oct 9, 2018.

1. DaveKayAdlib
    DaveKayAdlib Guest

How do I use credit on my microsoft account to pay for an item that a member of my microsoft ...

My son received some x box gift cards for his birthday so I redeemed them on my account thinking that when he requests some V-bucks then I can approve the purchase rather than him spending them all without my approval.

There doesn't seem to be a way to use my microsoft balance to pay for something that a member of my family has requested, I can only use my credit card to add more money to their account and then approve the purchase.

I'm not going to use this balance myself so does anyone know how do I get the money transferred to his account / why can't I use it to pay for something that I would have to buy on my credit card anyway ?

Or can I buy the robucks on my account and give them to him or would they then be on my account too ?

Or can I buy a new x box gift card with my credit balance and redeem it to my son's account ?

The system needs to be changed to allow approval of child's purchases when they have a credit balance as you can't transfer in the exact amount that the child wants to spend either, so they then spend the difference with no approval.

I'm new to this but it doesn't seem to make sense or am I doing something wrong ?

there doesn't seem to be a category for gift cards / account balances so apologies if i have posted in the wrong section

:)

DaveKayAdlib, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Can't add a child to my xbox family

I am the parent. My account exists on both microsoft and xbox. I have a child account, which exists on both microsoft and xbox. The child account is a member of my microsoft family. The child is NOT a member of my xbox family. I cannot figure out how
    to add the child account to my xbox family. I don not have an xbox console.

BobBackwards999, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Corelect
    Corelect Guest
    How do I use my Microsoft Account Currency and my credit card to combine?

So about a month ago I bought a game with my Microsoft account currency, and topped it with my credit card. I'm about to buy another game but I forgot how? So my question is how do I use my Microsoft account currency topped with my credit card?

For an example I bought Destiny with my Microsoft account currency which decreased it to 59.14. After that all I had to pay was 59.14 with my credit card.

Corelect, Oct 9, 2018
  4. How do I use credit on my microsoft account to pay for an item that a member of my microsoft ...

When you go to the store on your account there may be an option to buy as a gift. you can then enter the persons gamertag and they will receive a message or email with a code to download the item

Not all items are giftable if the item in question is not giftable you wont be able to purchase it for another account using your account credit

The Viral Cyrix, Oct 9, 2018
  5. XBF Leonzo G
    XBF Leonzo G Guest
    Hello DaveKayAdlib,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We have an article entitled

Learn About Gift Cards and Prepaid Codes
    that states, "The funds in your Microsoft account can't be transferred after you redeem an Xbox on Microsoft Gift Card." The prepaid code needs to be redeemed on the account that intends to complete a purchase. The
    best solution would be to redeem a new Xbox Gift Card on your son's account. The

Xbox Family Settings
    is where a parent account can allow the child account to complete a purchase. Once the intended purchase is completed, the parent can remove the ability for the child to complete any further purchases. Be sure to let us know the results!

XBF Leonzo G, Oct 9, 2018
  6. DaveKayAdlib
    DaveKayAdlib Guest
    Thanks, how do I get a refund for the gift card that is redeemed on the wrong account or is that money just wasted ?

7. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    You can try contacting support and speak to billing, but generally once the funds have been redeemed, it is not possible to refund them. Contact Us | Xbox Support

Smwutches, Oct 9, 2018
  8. XBF Jeremy Z
    XBF Jeremy Z Guest

Hello dave,

Thank you for contacting Forum support!

Unfortunately there is no way to refund a redeemed code, but you can buy content or send it as a digital gift if the option is present when making a purchase.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

XBF Jeremy Z, Oct 9, 2018
  9. DaveKayAdlib
    DaveKayAdlib Guest
    Thanks for the good suggestion but can't see an option to send V-bucks as a gift

10. DaveKayAdlib
    DaveKayAdlib Guest
    Seems like the only option is to find someone who needs a game and gift it to them and get them to buy me a new gift card for the same amount to then redeem on my son's account.

Lots of people with the same problem on the forums, also people who have bought V-Bucks on the parent's account and then can't transfer them to the kids account ( glad I saw that before I made the same mistake).

Tried logging into x-box with my account and then logging into fortnite with my sons account to buy the v-bucks with my money but that isn't possible either as the fortnite account is locked to my son's login.

Thanks for your suggestions but looks like I will just have to ask around or wait to see if there is a game I can gift to him or a friend in the future.

11. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey Dave,

Also for future references, In-game or virtual currency is something that cannot be bought as a gift. Everything else on the store is fair game but virtual currency has that limitation since that currency is handled and distributed by the game developers
    or publishers themselves, not by Microsoft as mostly every game has it's own unique method of virtual currency that benefits the creators of the games the currency is spent on.

The option to "Buy as Gift" will be in small print below the blue box that say's "Buy" on it on items where that is available.

Sorry for any inconveniences this has caused but I hope we were able to answer your questions and clear things up.

XBF Diego M, Nov 2, 2018
  12. DaveKayAdlib Win User

How do I use credit on my microsoft account to pay for an item that a member of my microsoft family has requested

Seems like the only option is to find someone who needs a game and gift it to them and get them to buy me a new gift card for the same amount to then redeem on my son's account.

Lots of people with the same problem on the forums, also people who have bought V-Bucks on the parent's account and then can't transfer them to the kids account ( glad I saw that before I made the same mistake).

Tried logging into x-box with my account and then logging into fortnite with my sons account to buy the v-bucks with my money but that isn't possible either as the fortnite account is locked to my son's login.

Thanks for your suggestions but looks like I will just have to ask around or wait to see if there is a game I can gift to him or a friend in the future.
  13. DaveKayAdlib Win User

How do I use credit on my microsoft account to pay for an item that a member of my microsoft family has requested

Hello ,

that states, "The funds in your Microsoft account can't be transferred after you redeem an Xbox on Microsoft Gift Card." The prepaid code needs to be redeemed on the account that intends to complete a purchase. The
    best solution would be to redeem a new Xbox Gift Card on your son's account. The

Xbox Family Settings
    are where a parent account can allow the child account to complete a purchase. Once the intended purchase is completed, the parent can remove the ability for the child to complete any further purchases. Be sure to let us know the results!
    Thanks, how do I get a refund for the gift card that is redeemed on the wrong account or is that money just wasted ?
  14. XBF Diego M Win User

Hey Dave,

Also for future references, In-game or virtual currency is something that cannot be bought as a gift. Everything else on the store is fair game but virtual currency has that limitation since that currency is handled and distributed by the game developers
    or publishers themselves, not by Microsoft as mostly every game has it's own unique method of virtual currency that benefits the creators of the games the currency is spent on.

The option to "Buy as Gift" will be in small print below the blue box that say's "Buy" on it on items where that is available.

Sorry for any inconveniences this has caused but I hope we were able to answer your questions and clear things up.
  15. DaveKayAdlib Win User

When you go to the store on your account there may be an option to buy as a gift. you can then enter the persons gamertag and they will receive a message or email with a code to download the item

Not all items are giftable if the item in question is not giftable you wont be able to purchase it for another account using your account credit
    Thanks for the good suggestion but can't see an option to send V-bucks as a gift
  16. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Hello DaveKayAdlib,

Xbox Family Settings
    is where a parent account can allow the child account to complete a purchase. Once the intended purchase is completed, the parent can remove the ability for the child to complete any further purchases. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. How do I use credit on my microsoft account to pay for an item that a member of my microsoft ... - Similar Threads - credit microsoft account

2. Unauthorized, unrecognized, Microsoft account credit

in XBoX on Windows
    Unauthorized, unrecognized, Microsoft account credit: I have many of these unrecognized orders they show up as: " Status: Redeemed Total:$100 Order date: 00/00/00 Payment method: Redeemed code ". I never acquired and I was never notified about them....
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. microsoft account balance credit

in XBoX Accessibility
    microsoft account balance credit: Hi this morning I redeemed a code to my Microsoft account. but when I try to purchase from Forza horizon 5 it shows the pervious balance. I checked my credit it shows the right amount of 23 $...
  5. If i pay for a developer account with my credit card does microsoft store and use the data...

in XBoX on Windows
    If i pay for a developer account with my credit card does microsoft store and use the data...: I want to get a developer account so that i can enable dev mode on my xbox series S. For some reason u have to use a credit card as payment option. my question is if i enter my credit card...
  6. I won store credit from a Microsoft sweepstakes but the credits are gone from my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I won store credit from a Microsoft sweepstakes but the credits are gone from my account.: Earlier this year, I won a Microsoft sweepstakes that rewarded me $100 in store credit. I redeemed this credit and spent some of it but still had a remaining balance of roughly $60. However, I...
  7. A payment of £10.00 was deducted from my card as a credit to my microsoft account and I do...

in XBoX Accessibility
    A payment of £10.00 was deducted from my card as a credit to my microsoft account and I do...: I had £10.00 deducted from my card as a credit to my microdoft account but did not request this. Why? 94b17063-e124-4e75-bd9c-d492b218bdcd
  8. Use Microsoft credit from parent account to purchase an item on my sons account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Use Microsoft credit from parent account to purchase an item on my sons account.: I would like to use my Microsoft credit to purchase an item on my sons account. He’s listed as a family member. When I enter his account to add funds, I can see my Microsoft credit for $100 but...
  9. Credit card keeps reappearing on my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Credit card keeps reappearing on my Microsoft account: My son uses Xbox but I manage the account. We have had £100’s of pounds taken out of different accounts. I never use credit cards, always use a voucher as when I check my Microsoft account my...
  10. Cant able to add Credit or Debit card to Microsoft account, dont have xbox gift card if i...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant able to add Credit or Debit card to Microsoft account, dont have xbox gift card if i...: Cant able to add Credit or Debit card to Microsoft account, dont have xbox gift card if i have online xbox series s console how can i buy games? I have just buy gaming console which is xbox...