How do I upgrade my XBox Game Pass Ultimate monthly to a Friends and Family Plan?

Discus and support How do I upgrade my XBox Game Pass Ultimate monthly to a Friends and Family Plan? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi there I currently am a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber based in South Africa. For the life of me, I can't seem to find where to change my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by onexbigmac, Mar 28, 2023.

1. onexbigmac
    onexbigmac Guest

How do I upgrade my XBox Game Pass Ultimate monthly to a Friends and Family Plan?

Hi there

I currently am a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber based in South Africa.
    For the life of me, I can't seem to find where to change my subscription from a Single Xbox Game Pass to the Friends & Family plan (which is now available in South Africa)

If I login to my MS account on the Web and got to Services & subscriptions - I can select the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and open it up but there is not option to upgrade to change to the Friends & family option.

I can cancel or turn off recurring billing but not option to upgrade/change to Friends and Family.
    There isn't an option for me to invite new users either (which I have seen online - but assume that you have to already be on the Friends & Family plan)

Any one got any ideas?

How do I upgrade my XBox Game Pass Ultimate monthly to a Friends and Family Plan? [​IMG]

:)

onexbigmac, Mar 28, 2023
  2. onexbigmac Win User

Hi Ben

Thanks for this - @Microsoft - you should include a link in the subscription page to this page - and watch your conversion numbers jump - talk about bad UX - one click instead of jumping through a bunch on none related pages/hoops

Thanks again Ben!
  3. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben an Independent advisor and an Xbox gamer. Hope you are doing well!

About the upgrade, if your current plan is an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you just need to buy the Xbox Game Pass Family to upgrade it. Kindly try to upgrade via https://www.xbox.com/en-za/games/store/xbox-gam... page.

Joining this plan will convert the time remaining on your membership to time in the new plan, based upon the monetary value of the old membership. For example, a full month of Ultimate will be converted to 18 days of membership for this plan. This way you won’t lose any of the remaining value on your existing subscription. Conversion is final, and users must wait for their new membership to expire before returning to a previous membership.

More details about this subscription can be found at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/02/21/xbox-gam...

Once you are done upgrading, you can find the details how to share and manage your family plan via https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptio...

I hope these information helps somehow. Feel free to let us know if you have further questions or concerns and we will try with our knowledge to offer assistance.

Kind regards,

Ben
  4. Smwutches Win User

How does the family plan of xbox ultimate game pass work?

It sounds like you're sharing his subscription through the Home setting on the console and not an actual family plan. If that is the case, you will only have access to this subscription on the console.

If you live in one of the regions where the Game Pass Ultimate Friends and Family Plan is currently available (Colombia, Chile, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, New Zealand, South Africa, and Sweden) your dad would specifically need to purchase that plan and not just regular Game Pass Ultimate and then add you to the plan as well. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-friends-family-faq
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Xbox Gamepass hasn't Left my Account

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I am here to help.

The possible explanation is that your Microsoft account is added to an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Friends and Family Plan. It is a Microsoft family feature that allows up to five people to share a single Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. Each person on the plan received unique access to the entire Game Pass Ultimate library across Xbox and PC, EA Play, and other benefits.

You may check this link for more information regarding Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptio...

You may confirm this by signing your account on account.microsoft.com > then go to Family and check if your account is in a Microsoft family.

NOTE: Microsoft has announced that it will be ending the preview of its Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Friends and Family Plan on August 15.

If this is not the case, I would highly recommend you contact Microsoft Xbox Support to have this issue investigated properly:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!
  6. Smwutches Win User

XBox - My Yearly Renewal Subscription

$14.99 is the monthly price for Game Pass Ultimate. Did you upgrade to Ultimate anytime over the past year?
Thema:

1. How do I upgrade my XBox Game Pass Ultimate monthly to a Friends and Family Plan? - Similar Threads - upgrade Game Pass

2. why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING: I redeemed reward points so I could change from game pass core to game pass ultimate has NOT WORKED on xbox showing in my order history states its done but it has NOT when I go onto my xbox one...
  3. How can I upgrade a games pass core to ultimate on my childs account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I upgrade a games pass core to ultimate on my childs account: Hi, I accidentally redeemed a code on my childs account and want it to convert to ultimate. I get a message that he is not allowed to this because of age restriction. Is there a way to make this...
  4. What I have to do for upgrade from Game Pass Core to Ultimate?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What I have to do for upgrade from Game Pass Core to Ultimate?: Hi to all, when i try to upgrade from Core to Ultimate the console give a link but then seem have to play 1 month of Ultimate and ask credit card number . It's ok this process? Of course i don't...
  5. Hello I was wondering how to upgrade to a Xbox game pass pc when you already put a gift...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello I was wondering how to upgrade to a Xbox game pass pc when you already put a gift...: Hello I was wondering how to upgrade to a Xbox game pass pc when you already put a gift card for Xbox pc that was 29.99 ? 204c71b8-0398-49de-9965-3bff7b4f5495
  6. Upgrading a game pass gift card to ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upgrading a game pass gift card to ultimate: My son was just given a 6 month game pass core subscription gift card that he entered into his Xbox 5 days ago. I upgraded him to a game pass ultimate subscription a day later and it is not taking...
  7. What happens if I upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate if I already have Core with 11 months left?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happens if I upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate if I already have Core with 11 months left?: What happens if I upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate if I already have Core with 11 months left? I have bought a year and got a 1-month prepaid code as a gift for Ultimate so can I add it? If it gets...
  8. I purchased Starfield on my XBox console and upgraded to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but I am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased Starfield on my XBox console and upgraded to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but I am...: I am not sure what I am missing. I can launch and play Starfield under my Xbox account, but my son cannot play it under his. I do have Microsoft Family Safety installed, but I have removed all age...
  9. Starfield won't launch on xbox game pass for pc(premium upgrade purchased)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield won't launch on xbox game pass for pc(premium upgrade purchased): When I try to launch it says game has crashed Error code:0xc0000005. I tried repair, reset, starting as administrator from desktop shortcut. I tried sfc/scannow from cmd and restart. Help....
  10. Starfield premium upgrade from game pass on xbox series x NOT LAUNCHING TOO EALY!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield premium upgrade from game pass on xbox series x NOT LAUNCHING TOO EALY!!!!: Seriously sort this out, literally thousands of people are in the same boat, I bought the premium upgrade on Xbox Game pass for Starfield, and more than 30 minutes after the supossed launch time...