How do I update my warranty date?

Discus and support How do I update my warranty date? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I registered my Xbox Series S console online; it states warranty expires 10/9/23. The virtual assistant mentioned I can update the warranty if I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Puterwiz82, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Puterwiz82
    Puterwiz82 Guest

I registered my Xbox Series S console online; it states warranty expires 10/9/23. The virtual assistant mentioned I can update the warranty if I have my serial number and proof of purchase ready. I made a call back with a representative and asked about updating my warranty date by sending a copy of my sales receipt. She investigated it, and said I was eligible for the Microsoft Complete warranty for 2 years, giving a total of 3 years, which I purchased, but the date ending is still the same.

:)

Puterwiz82, Nov 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi buddy
    That’s odd, in this case I can advise you to reach Microsoft sales support here
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/microso...

There you can double check with them again your eligibility for the Microsoft complete plan for a 3 years of warranty
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Puterwiz82

Yes, if you have a valid proof of purchase you can update the warranty for your console in case the date showed is not the correct as stated in this article
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/updat...

As you already talked with Microsoft about this, do you don’t know if the agent told you that your case is going to be escalated?
    Usually they do that when you sent to them the proof of purchase
  4. Puterwiz82 Win User

Hi Josef. Thank you for your response. I am doing great today and yourself.

I do have valid proof of purchase, an online receipt since I did an online store pickup at Target.

The Microsoft support representative I talked to; she asked me if my issue had been resolved. I said yes but I did ask about being able to update the date. She said the date can't be changed and didn't mention about escalating, I received an e-mail that my issue has been resolved. The representative didn't ask me for the proof, she put me on hold to check into it and then came back and said I am eligible for the Microsoft Complete, which I did do the 2-year extended.

My service request number they provided is <removed>.
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

How do I use my warranty?

Hi GunnerCronk,

If your Xbox One S is still under warranty, you can request a repair order by visiting our

Device Support
    page or using the
    Contact Us
    portal to speak to an agent.
  6. IgotTSondabrain Win User

Is there an external disc drive you can attach to play Xbox 360 games with?

mine was still under warranty. thank god. how ever the update killed my xbox so they are fixing it and extending the warranty 90 days to compensate for thefact that my xbox was ruined by the abortion that is called and "update"
Thema:

1. How do I update my warranty date? - Similar Threads - update warranty date

2. I’ve sent back a warranty and had no updates in two weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’ve sent back a warranty and had no updates in two weeks.: My controller was broken and so i looked if i had a warranty, which i did. so i sent it back on the 8th November and it arrived on the 10th of November. it’s now been two weeks and i’ve had no...
  3. Xbox controller warranty update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller warranty update: Hi, I recently purchased a brand new Xbox wireless controller, but when I registered the device to my account, I noticed that the warranty has already expired. Can someone please let me the steps...
  4. Is there any way to update your warranty without contacting a support agent?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there any way to update your warranty without contacting a support agent?: My elite series 2 controller is out of its warranty period despite only being 11 months old and the warranty being 1 year. I have contacted a support agent 4 times only for them to put me on hold...
  5. I want to update my warranty information

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to update my warranty information: Hi all, I am trying to reach out to Microsoft support to update my warranty information for my Wireless controller correctly in the system, but it seems really difficult to get hold of a tech...
  6. How to update warranty information?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to update warranty information?: I have been trying to figure out how to contact Microsoft support in order to have the warranty information for my Xbox updated, but it's only going around in circles. Can somebody please help...
  7. Updating elite 2 controller warranty for replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Updating elite 2 controller warranty for replacement: Tonight I have been passed around 8 different people tonight over a period of some 3 hours, on phone and chat? I have proof of purchase of 28th of April 2020, the info held by microsoft says the...
  8. I want to Update my Xbox warranty with proof-of-purchase and can't find where I have to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to Update my Xbox warranty with proof-of-purchase and can't find where I have to...: Hello, I need help: I want to Update my Xbox warranty with proof-of-purchase and can't find where I have to send roof-of-purchase [img] 97aa4432-0af3-4a34-ae76-aac78ea7b542
  9. Update Xbox One X warranty by sharing proof of purchase

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update Xbox One X warranty by sharing proof of purchase: Hi, I bought a new Xbox One X Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition Bundle (1TB) on 3rd Jan 2021, and it was delivered today on 5th Jan 2021. When i registered the device with my account it is showing...
  10. Xbox controller warranty date needs to be updated with proof of purchase date

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller warranty date needs to be updated with proof of purchase date: Hi I'm having an issue where by I need to update my controllers warranty date, to the date on the proof of purchase. I cant get through to Microsoft support in anyway, I've tried calling, tried...