How do I unmute my Xbox one series s ??

Discus and support How do I unmute my Xbox one series s ?? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; On the top right corner of my Xbox one series S dashboard I noticed the audio seems to be muted next to the controller power and time of day. When I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kyle����♏️, Dec 1, 2022.

1. How do I unmute my Xbox one series s ??

On the top right corner of my Xbox one series S dashboard I noticed the audio seems to be muted next to the controller power and time of day.

When I plug in a headset the audio is working fine and properly , and I can hear the game . But when I unplug my mic there’s no audio going through my tv ,I spent hours trying to find solutions but theres just simple fixes for what seems to be a complicated matter .

At times I’m able to start up my Xbox in the morning and play for a bit ,but later in the day the audio seems to be muted and have no way of fixing this issue to my current knownledge . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Kyle����♏️, Dec 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Kyle

I was double checking and right now this is a known issue:

"Some players have reported intermittent audio issues across the dashboard or when launching games or apps.

If you encounter this behavior, be sure to report this issue and choose the Report with advanced diagnostics option. Make sure to include information like audio setup, when this issue occurred, troubleshooting steps tried, and other relevant info."

Usually rebooting the console or power cycling it does the trick

Power cycle:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

If that's not your case please report the problem with advanced diagnostics

Don't forget to be as detailed as possible, that helps the team a lot

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...
  3. Kyle����♏ Win User

Hey Josef ,I really appreciate your help and expertise on the matter . Unfortunate and interestingly enough that it’s been a known issue . But I shall follow the steps for the next time I experience this issue . Was trying to get some Elden Ring in after a day of errands and usually encounter this at night ,and/or trying to watch some movies . But thank you kindly for the amazing help and responses. Happy hunting and game on ! 😊
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Kyle

The muted mic icon in your console it’s normal when you don’t have a wired or wireless headset connected to the console

About the audio itself, do you mean that the whole output audio in your console doesn’t work after couple hours?
    If yes, when this started to happen?
    Are you using an insider build / beta OS in your console?
  5. ngocphi Win User

Fyi thete is no xbox one series s

There is Xbox one s and there are xbox series consoles
  6. Kyle����♏ Win User

Hey Josef ,thanks for your help on the matter . And yes the output doesn’t seem to work on the tv when I turn my Xbox one on. The volume is up on the tv and not muted itself so I’m rather confused at why the system seems to decide to not work when all cables are properly connected . Is there any fix,or system configuration im not aware about? Appreciate the response

Edit: Probably last week I noticed this happen . And no use of insider build or beta os ,just out of the box connect to a tv
Thema:

1. How do I unmute my Xbox one series s ?? - Similar Threads - unmute series

2. My discord on xbox won’t let me unmute and talk to friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My discord on xbox won’t let me unmute and talk to friends: Can someone help me fix this my headset works fine whenever im in regular game char but whenever i join discord on xbox it stays muted can anyone help me? dbb6e22f-337a-4b0a-81ed-11380c93dcd9
  3. HP probook f8 stopped working for mute and unmute....driver and windows all the latest...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HP probook f8 stopped working for mute and unmute....driver and windows all the latest...: HP probook f8 stopped working for mute and unmute....driver and windows all the latest driver installed. while PC is starting light blinks...which means switch is fine....n...
  4. How do I be unmuted from the hive bedrock for 2 Years!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I be unmuted from the hive bedrock for 2 Years!: I was originally supposed to be muted for 4 weeks but then turn out to be 2 years is there anyway someone can unmute me from The Hive server Minecraft? Isn’t that so way far and why would I wait...
  5. How do I be unmuted from the hive bedrock for 2 Years!

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I be unmuted from the hive bedrock for 2 Years!: I was originally supposed to be muted for 4 weeks but then turn out to be 2 years is there anyway someone can unmute me from The Hive server Minecraft? Isn’t that so way far and why would I wait...
  6. Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again: Hello, Whenever I want to use the Game Bar to record the last 30 seconds of my games, the microphone icon appears unmuted, but actually is muted. I have to press mute and unmute to make it work...
  7. Why Cant I unmute players?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Cant I unmute players?: Unmute toggle doesnt work .they can hear me . Ive checked all other settings 9697f19e-4100-493c-b43f-c014a1bf11fa
  8. How do I fix the Xbox app on PC not letting me unmute my mic?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix the Xbox app on PC not letting me unmute my mic?: So this has been driving me crazy for the last couple hours. When I use the Xbox app on Windows 11 I cannot unmute my mic but it works with everything else including the game bar. I recently just...
  9. I can’t unmute my friend in the Xbox party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t unmute my friend in the Xbox party chat: I can’t unmute my friend in the Xbox party chat 0087e138-89a6-4a3e-9833-b9272f4197fe
  10. I can't unmute my friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't unmute my friend: I accidently blocked someone in my friends list and I can't unmute them in xbox party's I have him added back and it doesn't show he's blocked anymore. He can hear me but I cant hear him. Any ways...