How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

Discus and support How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Michelle M.2, Jun 24, 2024.

1. Michelle M.2
    Michelle M.2 Guest

My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only made aware of it when I tried to link my own PlayStation Network account to my Microsoft account for Minecraft.

Since my Microsoft account is older than my PlayStation Network account, there is no possibility that it is my own account that it is connected to. Plus the error message that pops up when I did attempt to link my PlayStation Network account to my Microsoft account only indicated that there was another PlayStation Network account connected to it with no other information provided (like who the psn account belonged to/the user).

I’ve practically searched all over the internet, varying in how I phrase my questions, and attempting all ways to solve the problem myself before I realized there was nothing I am able to do on my end. This PlayStation Network account is not my own, and since it has been a while, I have no idea when my Microsoft account has been compromised or how to fix it.

Sorry for the long read.

:)

Michelle M.2, Jun 24, 2024
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

you can't, once linked it is permanent, there is no way to unlink the accounts once linked.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Michelle, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Are you using the same Microsoft account and the same PSN account?

Do you receive an error message?

Please note that you can only link one PSN account to one Minecraft account, if you disconnect it, you won't be able to link another PSN account to it.

Once a Microsoft account has been linked to a PlayStation account, neither the Microsoft account nor the PlayStation Network account can be associated with a different account.

Source:

help.minecraft.net/hc/articles/360037725571-Minecraft-for-PlayStation-FAQ#h_01FANTJ5HE05XVRKTBP5BN1WCT
  4. KindGryphon Win User

How to unlink

I need to unlink my PlayStation Network account from my old Microsoft account which I don’t remember, & link it to a new Microsoft account to play Minecraft
    You can unlink the psn account however you CANT link a different one.

Note: Once a Microsoft account has been linked to a PlayStation® account, neither the Microsoft account nor the PlayStation™ Network account can be associated with a different account.

If you choose to unlink accounts, then purchases will be returned to the account which made the purchase. Even after unlinking, Microsoft and PlayStation® accounts can only be re-linked to the original account.

This is coming right from the Minecraft website

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360037725571-Minecraft-for-PlayStation-TM-4-FAQ
  5. Cautious Kate Win User

How to unlink playstation account

How do i unlink a playstation account from windows?
    I linked my wifes Microsoft acount to my ps4 by a accident. Is there a way to unlink hers so i can link mine. Pls
  6. claudioramos123 Win User

How to unlink playstation account

How do i unlink a playstation account from windows?
    I linked my wifes Microsoft acount to my ps4 by a accident. Is there a way to unlink hers so i can link mine. Pls

I did the same thing but i have two accounts but i didnt remember which account was my best microsoft account and then i choose the wrong account but i cant unlink the wrong account is there a way on the microsft page to unlink the ps4 account?
Thema:

1. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - unlink PlayStation Network

2. Playstation Gamertag Crossplay is using my Bungie Account. How do I unlink him?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playstation Gamertag Crossplay is using my Bungie Account. How do I unlink him?: Bungie sent an e-mail requesting that I update my account. When I look at my Profile for Destiny2, I find that a Playstation Gamertag has changed my profile picture/name to his/her profile name -...
  3. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  4. I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...: I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it from my old one and link it to my new one aeda31a0-b74a-4037-8ead-8cc7d3b55545
  5. Can I unlink my Microsoft account from Minecraft on PlayStation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I unlink my Microsoft account from Minecraft on PlayStation: I have accidentally linked my Microsoft account to my husbands profile on the PlayStation and I now can’t unlink it. Help! I’m in trouble! 702f9475-dace-4fe6-8484-6d4833d1c5dc
  6. Can I unlink my deleted old Microsoft account on playstation 5 and login with new one on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I unlink my deleted old Microsoft account on playstation 5 and login with new one on...: Hello My Microsoft account had been deleted because I got hacked and i try to create a new one and use the new account to play minecraft on my PlayStation 5 and When i try to login with my new...
  7. Need assistance with unlinking Microsoft account from PlayStation Network account in Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need assistance with unlinking Microsoft account from PlayStation Network account in Minecraft.: I accidentally linked my Microsoft accounts to the wrong PlayStation Network accounts while playing Minecraft on my PlayStation 5. Despite my attempts to unlink the accounts, I have been unable to...
  8. Unlinking Microsoft account from PlayStation Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unlinking Microsoft account from PlayStation Minecraft: Dear Support, I'm on a PS5 and have been trying to play Minecraft with my friends on Xbox. It asks me to sign in with a Microsoft account, however, when I do it says "Oops! Looks like this...
  9. Unlinking my minecraft account for PlayStation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unlinking my minecraft account for PlayStation: Unlinking my minecraft account for PlayStation 5722b923-4f21-40fc-b2e5-e313120f8c6b
  10. Account unlink from playstation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account unlink from playstation: At some point in the past my cousin made a Microsoft account and linked it to my playstation account for Minecraft on the PS4. I want to unlink this account, I can't myself due to the fact that no...