How do I turn off the Gamebar's automatic background audio recording?

Discus and support How do I turn off the Gamebar's automatic background audio recording? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I open Google Chrome, a notification appears saying "background audio recording started" on the right of my screen. This started recently, every... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SzechuanSnow, Dec 22, 2021.

1. SzechuanSnow
    SzechuanSnow Guest

When I open Google Chrome, a notification appears saying "background audio recording started" on the right of my screen. This started recently, every time when I open my windows game bar with Windows+Alt+G it doesn't show an active recording, nor does it display any option for automatically recording audio. Google Chrome isn't even a game. I have no idea how to turn off the automatic recording, I need the game bar active to take clips obviously but I'd rather it not just record my voice whenever I open an internet browser. That's weird it's doing it in the first place. Is there some directory or folder the audio is saved to? All I could find was a recent thread about disabling the notification for it.

:)

SzechuanSnow, Dec 22, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey SzechuanSnow, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Try this:

1. Open the Start Menu by tapping on the Start Button. Now click on the Gear icon to open the Settings option.

2. Next, tap on the Gaming menu in the Apps settings.

3. In the left panel, click on Game DVR.

4. In the right panel, you will find the option Record in the backgroud. By default, this option is turned on. Tap on the slider to turn it off. If the slider turns gray, you can be sure that the feature has been disabled.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Gamebar accesing microphone even though it does NOT have permission

Hello benblender,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that that you're experiencing issues with Gamebar accessing your microphone without permission. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

If you have already disabled Gamebar's access to your microphone and it is still accessing your microphone, you can try resetting the Gamebar app. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type "ms-settings:gaming-gamebar" and press Enter.

3. Scroll down to the "Reset" section and click on the "Reset" button.

If the issue still persists, we can stop the Gamebar from recording the background audio. You can go to Settings > Gaming > Game DVR and turn off the toggle switch under Record in the background.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Farscape247 Win User

Lag spikes (RTX 2060), Need suggestions

do you have gamebar set to record in background, if so this can cause this behaviour. it when one of the drives gets busy for a moment.
  5. JohnRamey Win User

win 10 game bar captures gaming ok but to capture desktop it does audio with black screen - how to fix

Gamebar on my pc will record steam gaming and youtube but will not record crave tv, netflix or tsn(audio with black screen).
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

PC - Stereo Headset Adaptor Issue

just use the gamebar audio mixer to turn game volume down, thats how it is done on pc.
Thema:

1. How do I turn off the Gamebar's automatic background audio recording? - Similar Threads - turn off Gamebar's

2. The music turns off when the game is running

in XBoX on Consoles
    The music turns off when the game is running: The music turns off when the game is running I don't think anyone would love listening to music or YouTube videos while playing a game, but recently when I opened the game, the sound...
  3. Disney app crashes when controller turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    Disney app crashes when controller turns off: The Disney app on my Xbox Series S crashes when the controller turns off if I am listening to audio through headphones wired to said controller. Example: I am watching Disney plus, listening...
  4. My UPNP says it’s been unsuccessful I’ve tried turning it off and on again on my router but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My UPNP says it’s been unsuccessful I’ve tried turning it off and on again on my router but...: I have been having this issue for a week. I couldn’t find any multiplayer games . On my setting it’s says my upnp is unsuccessful. I have went into my router’s configuration and disables this and...
  5. Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on: Hi Posting here about an issue that is happening with my brand new Series X Occurring randomly, without a pattern... Might happen today and never happen during the upcoming days, or just happen...
  6. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  7. Series X turning off when starting certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X turning off when starting certain games: My Xbox Series X completely shuts down when I try to start certain games. I can watch hours of streaming video with no issues. I can play Hours of Mass Effect 3 with no issues. But when I try to...
  8. How do i turn off quick resume permanently?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i turn off quick resume permanently?: I was playing a game and lost hours off progress because of this,it happend before and i was tolerant but this is my last straw just wanted you do let you know that this is an issue and want too...
  9. Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?: I only play on weekends and I would like to know if the console's useful life decreases as time passes by turning it off and on several times during the month. 7b9b27f0-f7bd-491f-9acf-d4e4be4e2770
  10. My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.: When I go to open Game bar with a game running and go to record what happened its always grayed out saying its "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or File explorer". When I...