how do i turn off the function keys

Discus and support how do i turn off the function keys in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; ok so fist thing, i want to use the function keys as normal like i cant vote kick on tf2 my keyboards mutes or makes the volume lower. and also when i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Chronicus_S1, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Chronicus_S1
    Chronicus_S1 Guest

ok so fist thing, i want to use the function keys as normal like i cant vote kick on tf2 my keyboards mutes or makes the volume lower. and also when i try to use the others i don't need the extra things on the function keys. ive tried many other comments and they dont work, how do i turn them off and make them normal?

:)

Chronicus_S1, Feb 11, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Chronicus_S1, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, follow these steps:

Press the Windows Key + X, then select Control Panel/Settings and open Ease of Access > Keyboard. Toggle off the Use the Fn Key option.

You can also try pressing the Fn + Num Lock + Shift keys at the same time.

I hope this helps.
  3. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

how do i turn off function keys, so they dont interrupt games that require function keys to play

Hello my name is zahir, a independent advisor

Are you talking abouth FN key?

Please provide detailed description

Regards
  4. Jacke87 SWE Win User

How do I turn off the ”key sound” on dashboard?

I’m new to the Uservoice part of the forums. I see all the ideas but nothing close to my idea. I can’t find where to post new ideas only to vote on existing ideas
  5. gds1972 Win User

How do I turn off the ”key sound” on dashboard?

Hi

I have not seen an option on the console that allows you to turn off the new dashboard sounds. Can you use the
    Xbox Uservoice website to see if this feature can be added to the console.
  6. hobblejp Win User

Kinect & MS Privacy Policy

[quote user="SatNiteEduardo"]

Kinect is not functional when it is off. You can turn it off to the point that it can neither hear nor see you. What part do you not understand about "IT CAN BE TURNED TOTALLY OFF"

[/quote]

And yet people are saying it will respond to commands like Xbox Off................. if Kinect is turned off and therefore nothing is functioning on it, how may I ask is it functioning to respond to certain commands still. To me if its still working its
    not off at all.
Thema:

1. how do i turn off the function keys - Similar Threads - turn off function

2. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  3. My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?: This is a bit of a long story with lots of details. I had an Xbox one S (the white one), I used it at the same socket each time and one day it started turning off immediately after turning on. I...
  4. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  5. Headset turned off during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset turned off during update: I connected my Xbox wireless headset to my Xbox and during the update accidentally turned it off, it is now completely unresponsive and the button doesn't work nor does plugging it into an Xbox....
  6. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  7. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  8. how do i turn off function keys, so they dont interrupt games that require function keys to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i turn off function keys, so they dont interrupt games that require function keys to...: i had it set to where they didn't interrupt my games but i did something to turn them back on. i checked bios and its still has the right setting. just did something that overwrite that and can't...
  9. How do you turn off the overheat function?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you turn off the overheat function?: My XBOX one keeps overheating and it shuts off automatically, it’s annoying and I wanna turn off this feature, if anybody knows how to it’d be a help, thanks! [img]...
  10. How to turn off remote shut off function for anyone but me (Xbox one)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off remote shut off function for anyone but me (Xbox one): My gf keeps turning off my Xbox one with her phone from another room when she gets mad how do I stop this? Lol dd9528a9-3074-4cf2-9d5d-f7386cd83ff2