how do i turn off the function keys

Discus and support how do i turn off the function keys in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; ok so fist thing, i want to use the function keys as normal like i cant vote kick on tf2 my keyboards mutes or makes the volume lower. and also when i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Chronicus_S1, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Chronicus_S1
    Chronicus_S1 Guest

ok so fist thing, i want to use the function keys as normal like i cant vote kick on tf2 my keyboards mutes or makes the volume lower. and also when i try to use the others i don't need the extra things on the function keys. ive tried many other comments and they dont work, how do i turn them off and make them normal?

:)

Chronicus_S1, Feb 11, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Chronicus_S1, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, follow these steps:

Press the Windows Key + X, then select Control Panel/Settings and open Ease of Access > Keyboard. Toggle off the Use the Fn Key option.

You can also try pressing the Fn + Num Lock + Shift keys at the same time.

I hope this helps.
  3. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

how do i turn off function keys, so they dont interrupt games that require function keys to play

Hello my name is zahir, a independent advisor

Are you talking abouth FN key?

Please provide detailed description

Regards
  4. Jacke87 SWE Win User

How do I turn off the ”key sound” on dashboard?

I’m new to the Uservoice part of the forums. I see all the ideas but nothing close to my idea. I can’t find where to post new ideas only to vote on existing ideas
  5. gds1972 Win User

How do I turn off the ”key sound” on dashboard?

Hi

I have not seen an option on the console that allows you to turn off the new dashboard sounds. Can you use the
    Xbox Uservoice website to see if this feature can be added to the console.
  6. hobblejp Win User

Kinect & MS Privacy Policy

[quote user="SatNiteEduardo"]

Kinect is not functional when it is off. You can turn it off to the point that it can neither hear nor see you. What part do you not understand about "IT CAN BE TURNED TOTALLY OFF"

[/quote]

And yet people are saying it will respond to commands like Xbox Off................. if Kinect is turned off and therefore nothing is functioning on it, how may I ask is it functioning to respond to certain commands still. To me if its still working its
    not off at all.
Thema:

1. how do i turn off the function keys - Similar Threads - turn off function

2. Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?: I only play on weekends and I would like to know if the console's useful life decreases as time passes by turning it off and on several times during the month. 7b9b27f0-f7bd-491f-9acf-d4e4be4e2770
  3. My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.: When I go to open Game bar with a game running and go to record what happened its always grayed out saying its "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or File explorer". When I...
  4. Factory refurbished Xbox X turns off spontaneously and will not turn on by pushing the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory refurbished Xbox X turns off spontaneously and will not turn on by pushing the...: As above. I’ve tried all the tricks and tips listed here. No error message. TV goes straight to black screen. This is a refurbished Xbox X replacing an Xbox One. b24363c4-3f21-4fb6-8d47-cbed8e1e95e0
  5. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  6. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  7. Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?: Hi, I was wondering why when i turn my xbox one console on, why it turns on with no startup sounds and 5 seconds later it turns off. It started Yesterday, I was on it watching youtube when all of...
  8. how do i turn off function keys, so they dont interrupt games that require function keys to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i turn off function keys, so they dont interrupt games that require function keys to...: i had it set to where they didn't interrupt my games but i did something to turn them back on. i checked bios and its still has the right setting. just did something that overwrite that and can't...
  9. How do you turn off the overheat function?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you turn off the overheat function?: My XBOX one keeps overheating and it shuts off automatically, it’s annoying and I wanna turn off this feature, if anybody knows how to it’d be a help, thanks! [img]...
  10. How to turn off remote shut off function for anyone but me (Xbox one)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off remote shut off function for anyone but me (Xbox one): My gf keeps turning off my Xbox one with her phone from another room when she gets mad how do I stop this? Lol dd9528a9-3074-4cf2-9d5d-f7386cd83ff2