How do I turn off quick resume on my Xbox Series X?

Discus and support How do I turn off quick resume on my Xbox Series X? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I play a lot of Rainbow Six Siege, and every time I log into Siege and my Xbox uses quick resume, my game automatically assumes I'm using a different... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Tereesa T, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Tereesa T
    Tereesa T Guest

I play a lot of Rainbow Six Siege, and every time I log into Siege and my Xbox uses quick resume, my game automatically assumes I'm using a different console or something and it bombards me with brand new updates and patch announcements AND with a cinematic trailer. Not only that, but it resets my loadouts completely. I don't think there's a way to fix this in the game, so my only option is to turn off quick resume. How do I do this?

:)

Tereesa T, Mar 28, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

It cannot be disabled at this time, while Phil spencer said that he would be exploring it, quick resume is intertwined with every aspect of the system, and may not be able to be disabled.

You need to go to the game title on the dashboard, hit the start button and choose quit when you're finished playing. I would also recommend backing out to the title screen if that's possible
  3. Spiral Feather Win User

Thank ypu for your helpful and informative reply. But this is seriously not cool, man.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Navigate to the "Profile & system" tab on the left-hand side of the guide.

Select "Settings" at the bottom of the tab.

From the "Settings" menu, select "General."

Scroll down to "Power mode & startup" and select it.

In the "Power mode & startup" menu, select "Power options."

Toggle off "Turn on Quick Resume."
  5. Georges C. Win User

I purchased game and it won't work

Hello again, what game would you try to play in Series X?

Does this only happen with one game or with all the games on the console?

Have you tried any procedures like clearing the cache and deleting games that are in quick resume?

If you haven't tried it yet, remove the games from quick resume and then do a cache cleanup.

Cache Xbox One

1. Go to xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on your console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds for it to turn off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on
  6. Georges C. Win User

How do I turn off quick resume?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello OllieL, unfortunately there are no ways to turn off the quik sums up in your S/X Series, what you have to do is remove the games that stay in quick resume every time you play a game

Save the game you are playing

Click on the “Xbox button” on the controller

Select “Home”

Now with the game title selected, click on the “Menu button” (controller)

Now from the menu that poped up, click on “Quit”

You can also go to “My games & apps” in Xbox guide

Then click on “Quick Resume”

Highlight the game you want to disable

Now click on the “Menu button” on the controller

Then click on “Remove from Quick Resume”

This will disable the feature for the game

However you can make this suggestion to the Microsoft team by linking below.

Insider Ideas

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas/

Provide feedback to Team Xbox

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
Thema:

1. How do I turn off quick resume on my Xbox Series X? - Similar Threads - turn off quick

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  5. How do i turn off quick resume permanently?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i turn off quick resume permanently?: I was playing a game and lost hours off progress because of this,it happend before and i was tolerant but this is my last straw just wanted you do let you know that this is an issue and want too...
  6. The problem of the Xbox controller turning off quickly

in XBoX on Consoles
    The problem of the Xbox controller turning off quickly: When I press the power button on my controller, it immediately turns off and I can't connect it to Windows, if I'm sure it has enough charge. It has been purchased for less than 4 months Due to...
  7. How do I turn off quick resume?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off quick resume?: I play alot if overwatch and I just got the series x but I've been really annoyed because the queue always glitches and I can't find a game. The normal fix to this for me is to restart my game but...
  8. Will xbox ever give us the ability to turn quick resume off.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will xbox ever give us the ability to turn quick resume off.: I'm only asking because I get tired of my games being on quick resume but when they load up it puts me in the main menu or it'll act buggy no sound or it'll make me reset the game. When will we...
  9. Xbox One S - Turn off/disable Quick Resume?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S - Turn off/disable Quick Resume?: Hi all, I fear I know the answer but it makes it no less frustrating. Am I missing the option to disable Quick Resume on Xbox One S? The reason being as the feature isn't compatible with many...
  10. Quick Resume need ability to turn off globally

in XBoX on Consoles
    Quick Resume need ability to turn off globally: Hi quick resume is a great idea but it doesn't work in practice and is causing more problems than it's worth. Examples: Immortals Fenyx Rising. After Quick Resume game plays fine but cannot be...