How do I talk in game chat on modern warfare 2 with my wireless headset?

Discus and support How do I talk in game chat on modern warfare 2 with my wireless headset? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Since I got call of duty modern warfare 2 I’ve had lots of issues talking in game chat whenever my wireless turtle beach headset is turned on. For... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by RuairiM97, Nov 21, 2022.

1. RuairiM97
    RuairiM97 Guest

Since I got call of duty modern warfare 2 I’ve had lots of issues talking in game chat whenever my wireless turtle beach headset is turned on. For whatever reason it mutes everyone in game chat whenever I turn it on, and doesn’t allow me to unmute anyone unless I turn my headset on, the only thing that lets me talk in game chat is if I use my old wired turtle beach headset which the volume is broken so I can’t hear properly. Any help would be appreciated??

:)

RuairiM97, Nov 21, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That’s really odd… we can try to isolate the problem a bit more.
    For this please try:

A. 1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, try to remove and re-add your profile on the console.

In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, paid your wireless headset with your controller.

By the way, make sure to select your controller as the preferred for your profile
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....

B. Double check if your wireless headset needs a firmware update

C. Do a factory reset for your console but keeping games and apps
    Go to Settings > System > Console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps
    **Make sure to know the email and password for all your accounts
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this RUAIRIM97

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

Is this happening on Xbox or PC?
    If it’s on Xbox, what console do you have?
    If it’s on PC, are you using windows 10 or 11?

In any case:
    Could be a temporary incompatibility with this headset inside the game, but before concluding that…
    Is this happening only with this game or if you try a different game something similar happens?
    Did you tried using a third headset or another wireless headset to see if the same happens?

And besides testing with this wired headset, what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  4. RuairiM97 Win User

Hi Josef,

It’s happening on my Xbox series X, yeah seems to only be happening on this game, I only have the 2 headsets to try with unfortunately.

I’ve tried going through settings of Xbox and MW2 to see if something in game is causing it but I can’t seem to see anything.

I have although noticed that when you’re in the game menu at the top right corner of the screen when the headset is off it says connect another controller to perform split screen but when the headset is on it says press A to join split screen, so it’s almost like the game thinks my headset is another controller.
  5. Anthony Reed1 Win User

I changed my gamer tag on January 8th it has changed in my profile but not when I’m in game

How do i uninstall. Games modern warfare 2
  6. Peter van Rijswijk Win User

MW3 vs. GOW3 console

Thema:

1. How do I talk in game chat on modern warfare 2 with my wireless headset? - Similar Threads - talk game chat

2. why is there no chat box in-game robox i want to know what my friends are talking about but...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why is there no chat box in-game robox i want to know what my friends are talking about but...: when me and my friends are playing they always ask why i cant chat and i have to say that im on xbox this is really a problem and i think it should be changed 83e24289-a70d-4383-b560-3e1859e794ab
  3. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?: Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I...
  4. Can talk in party chat but not game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can talk in party chat but not game chat: I'm having issue with talking in game chat on xbox S. Party chat is just fine but game chat doesn't even recognize that I'm speaking. Controller is updated. Headset is updated. I'm on an adult...
  5. I can talk in party chat but nit game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can talk in party chat but nit game chat: I'm having issue with talking in game chat on xbox S. Party chat is just fine but game chat doesn't even recognize that I'm speaking. Controller is updated. Headset is updated. I'm on an adult...
  6. Can’t hear or talk in game chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t hear or talk in game chat: I’ve been playing the warzone 3 for a few days now no matter if I’m playing with my friends or solo I can’t talk or hear any proxy chat (which I don’t care about). I’ve tried using a different...
  7. Why can’t I talk in warzone game chat or party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I talk in warzone game chat or party chat?: I can’t talk in game or party chat in warzone 2 I have tried every option to fix it and nothing seems to work I can still hear and play with cross play players. db2ed706-6dfb-45d0-9586-c4fd13937958
  8. Can I still talk in game chat with friends on games such as fortnite while Suspended?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I still talk in game chat with friends on games such as fortnite while Suspended?: My little brother was playing my Xbox while I was at work(14 years old) and I’m 21 so I never really take it that far but he sent some disrespectful messages to a guy after losing a game of MLB...
  9. Why am I not able to talk in game Chat on Xbox 360 games, on my Xbox one S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I not able to talk in game Chat on Xbox 360 games, on my Xbox one S?: Hello there, The past four months or so I’ve been unable to talk in game chat on Xbox 360 games (Black ops 2, Modern Warfare 3, etc) I’ve tried every option there is for resetting audio and...
  10. How do i get game chat to work? I can only hear but cant talk ..nothing is muted and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game chat to work? I can only hear but cant talk ..nothing is muted and...: Game chat doesnt work but private party chat does fcc0fb7d-1c59-47fe-af11-1292c20576ca