How do I sync the app with the console? The app settings are not being passed on to the...

Discus and support How do I sync the app with the console? The app settings are not being passed on to the... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I have the xbox family settings app with parental controls set up and it is not syncing with the console. The app is set to allow play and the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GeorgieChild, Jan 20, 2023.

1. GeorgieChild
    GeorgieChild Guest

How do I sync the app with the console? The app settings are not being passed on to the...

So I have the xbox family settings app with parental controls set up and it is not syncing with the console. The app is set to allow play and the console says that parental controls disallow play. How do I make sure the app is synced with the console?

I have tried logging out of the app and logging back in again. I have tried turning the console on and off.

:)

GeorgieChild, Jan 20, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

How do I sync the app with the console? The app settings are not being passed on to the console regarding parental controls.

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Are you using Xbox One or Series S/X? Thanks!
  3. Dericka Win User

How do I sync the app with the console? The app settings are not being passed on to the console regarding parental controls.

Lets try to troubleshoot.

Don't worry we will fix this together. Please make sure you can sign in all your profiles. Let's try to restore the console back to factory defaults but we will select keep my games and apps so it won't remove your games and progress.

Please follow the steps here:

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    - Select Settings
    - Select System
    - Select Console info & updates
    - Select Reset console
    - Select Keep Games and Apps

After this, you will have to sign in again with your email and password. Then please check if theres any changes. Thanks!
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

How do I get the Xbox App to Sync Data? (Gamepass games stuck 'syncing data')

Hello Sebastian S, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with data syncing on the Xbox app and Game Pass games.

First make sure your internet connection is stable and working properly. Connectivity issues may affect data syncing in the Xbox app. Try restarting your router or trying a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi to rule out connection issues.

Reset the Xbox app cache You can try resetting the Xbox app cache to fix possible caching issues. To do so, follow these steps:

Close the Xbox app.
    Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    Type "wsreset.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
    A command prompt window will open and the Microsoft Store cache will be reset.
    Restart your computer and then open the Xbox app again.

Check sync settings in the Xbox app Make sure the data sync option is enabled in the Xbox app settings. You can access settings by clicking on your profile in the top right corner of the app and selecting "Settings." Then, go to the "General" tab and make sure that the "Sync game data to the cloud" option is enabled.

Verify that the cloud storage option is enabled for Game Pass games. You can do it by following these steps:

Start a Game Pass game.
    Go to the game settings within the same game.
    Look for the cloud storage or sync option and make sure it is enabled.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  5. lukefow Win User

If you can not sign in to store and XBOX app and you cannot sync your settings watch this.

How to fix store app, XBOX app and sync your settings sign in issues Windows 10

from galactic gamer 100%
  6. Christyna64 Win User

Achievements

Not all Game Pass games have achievements like the retail release. That being said, have you tried resetting the Xbox Beta app, Game Bar app and the Xbox Companion app. Reset them all before going back into any of them, then start signing back into each
    app one at a time. Sounds like a sync issue. Also, post this on the Feedback Hub.
Thema:

1. How do I sync the app with the console? The app settings are not being passed on to the... - Similar Threads - sync app console

2. Xbox Accessories App, syncing data remains at 0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories App, syncing data remains at 0%: Hi Since the latest update to the Xbox accessories app, I cannot customise my Elite series 2 controller. The xbox accessories app is stuck syncing data. I have reset the app, removed the app,...
  3. Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox controller wont sync on xbox app | WIN11 Pro

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox controller wont sync on xbox app | WIN11 Pro: I know this is a known issue. And I tried so many things people said on the internet but nothing worked. I even let it run for over an hour but still didnt work. It synched on my 10 year old pc,...
  4. My gamer score won't sync between my Xbox account and the mobile app

in XBoX on Windows
    My gamer score won't sync between my Xbox account and the mobile app: I have the Xbox mobile app, and I've been saving up my points for a Xbox gift card, but on the Xbox, it says I have over 1,000, but on the mobile app, it says I only have 175 or something like...
  5. How do I get the Xbox App to Sync Data? (Gamepass games stuck 'syncing data')

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get the Xbox App to Sync Data? (Gamepass games stuck 'syncing data'): At some point the Xbox app decided to kill itself. Occasionally, I can launch and play games only to quit and have this eternal 'syncing data' launch screen the following launch of the game, for...
  6. Wartales saves keep disappearing after Xbox App gets stuck on "syncing files"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wartales saves keep disappearing after Xbox App gets stuck on "syncing files": I have Wartales installed via the Xbox App for PC (w/ Game Pass subscription) and every couple of times when I launch the game, it gets stuck on "syncing files". I've left it there for an hour and...
  7. Email address on xbox console 1 character different to xbox app. Won't sync obviously and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Email address on xbox console 1 character different to xbox app. Won't sync obviously and...: Hello everyone. My son has been using his xbox with his profile for years now, this weekend for his birthday he was bought fifa points and vouchers. We had to redeem online . We signed into his...
  8. I just got a new laptop and synced the apps from my old computer to my new one. I can't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just got a new laptop and synced the apps from my old computer to my new one. I can't...: The main one that I'm worried about is Minecraft. I'm clicking the app and its not opening like it should. Any information is helpful. Thanks! f4eee240-119b-4322-98e5-78f6ad072916
  9. My xbox x does not sync with Hawken. It's only with Hawken, other apps are fine. What do I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox x does not sync with Hawken. It's only with Hawken, other apps are fine. What do I...: I down loaded the starter pack. When I re-sync it displays syncing account, please wait. This locks the xbox and I can't get into Hawken. 129c72d3-c9d6-4fdc-acb2-7ab7bf5507ff
  10. Game Clips aren't syncing to the PC or mobile App. (But shows they are successfully being...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Clips aren't syncing to the PC or mobile App. (But shows they are successfully being...: Trying to get the clips onto my pc or even my phone files but starting today the clips are showing that they are uploading when i manually choose to upload but they don't appear in the console...