How do I stop my Xbox Series X from automatically turning on when I plug in controller?

Discus and support How do I stop my Xbox Series X from automatically turning on when I plug in controller? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just want it to stay off no matter if I plug or unplug controllers from it. I don’t feel that action should be a mechanism to turn the Xbox on.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Danj555, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Danj555
    Danj555 Guest

How do I stop my Xbox Series X from automatically turning on when I plug in controller?

I just want it to stay off no matter if I plug or unplug controllers from it. I don’t feel that action should be a mechanism to turn the Xbox on.

:)

Danj555, Jan 9, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

You may need to set your power mode to “shutdown mode”. Please follow the steps below:

“Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power options > Select the Shut-down (energy saving) option.”
  3. DestinJones Win User

Issue with new Arctis 9x and xbox keyboard

The keyboard itself plugs into my controller and the usb, I have plugged into the usb port on the front of my xbox series x. When using the keyboard, the keyboard works but the mic stops working.
  4. Amarand.Agasi Win User

Can you turn off the Controller "X" light?

Yes, this is a little annoying to me as well. I purchased an Xbox One controller to use with my PC, and the light is super annoying when plugged in. When I unplugged it from the USB cable, it flashed for a bit, but then stopped. I wonder if there's any
    way to turn off the controller when it's unplugged from USB and on battery? Or does it automatically sleep when not connected to an Xbox system or PC?
  5. NathanWojtowicz Win User

How does GamePass work with two Xbox All Access subscriptions?

When I turned on the Series S for the first time, it automatically gave me 2 years. When I turned on the Series X, I didn't say anything because I already had the two years. How do I redeem it?
  6. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
Thema:

1. How do I stop my Xbox Series X from automatically turning on when I plug in controller? - Similar Threads - stop Series automatically

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations: Hi recently when installing some games my xbox gets about half way then clicks once or twice before stopping the install and I have to manually restart it any idea what this could be? It only...
  4. Xbox series X light wont stop blinking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X light wont stop blinking: Hello, I have had my series x for a year and about 2 days ago it just keeps blinking and blinking and it wont turn off. I have to unplug it for it to shut down or if i click the eject button it...
  5. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  6. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  7. Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode: My Xbox series x when I put it in sleep mode or shutdown mode the fan spins for a while and then stops is this normal 081e39ab-0e46-43e1-b854-f1b5840cf204
  8. How can I stop this bug on MWIII on Xbox series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop this bug on MWIII on Xbox series S?: [img] Hello guys, I have been playing MWIII Ranked and this one issue keeps coming back, making the game unplayable. I am stuck in the game searching screen and when it finds a game it is...
  9. Xbox One X & Series X Stopped Reading Discs with little to no usage + Controller Failures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X & Series X Stopped Reading Discs with little to no usage + Controller Failures: I've done all possible troubleshooting on my end. I have a warranty but plan on getting it replaced or refunded altogether. I've even compiled a video showing three different Xbox 360's that read...
  10. Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc: i use a Bluetooth headset that is plugged into my pc. It works perfectly fine when i use mouse and keyboard and if i use a ps5 controller. the second i plug an xbox series x controller into my pc...