how do I stop my xbox one to "talk" all the time?

Discus and support how do I stop my xbox one to "talk" all the time? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hello to all, how are you? I have experienced like many the annoying consequences of the "new experience". recently, the system started to "talk"... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by papaglover, Dec 18, 2015.

1. papaglover
    papaglover Guest

hello to all, how are you? I have experienced like many the annoying consequences of the "new experience". recently, the system started to "talk" without interruption, and it is even more annoying! whenever and wherever I navigate in the menu, the system
    tells me where I am (I can see perfectly where I am), and even adds the number of button in the series. and that voice.... anyway how do I stop that? any help will be greatly appreciated!

:)

papaglover, Dec 18, 2015
  2. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    Tampering

[quote user="BouncedTOptOp"] how can i stop this or who in xbox do i need to talk to to get this delt with.[/quote]No-one at Xbox.

You need to contact your ISP as what you describe is illegal and damaging to their network.

voteDC, Dec 18, 2015
  3. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    Xbox turning off when switching channels.

[quote user="ALRx322"]I have my xbox plugged into my computer using only a HDMI cable.[/quote]Is it an all-in-one PC with a separate HDMI input?
    Don't switch inputs.

IceStorm III, Dec 18, 2015
  4. how do I stop my xbox one to "talk" all the time?

when did that start ? Mine has never said a word ...you narrator must be on somehow , I think the default is off...

Go to Settings--Ease of Access--Narrator and see if its turned on

RobertBuckalew, Dec 18, 2015
  5. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Or I believe press and hold the power button on the controller and theres an option to press the menu button (I think) to turn it on/off in the shut down menu.

gds1972, Dec 18, 2015
  6. papaglover
    papaglover Guest
    thank you. I will try that and come back with an update. it started a few days ago without any related action from me. weird.

papaglover, Dec 18, 2015
  7. None of those options exist, The narrator one did but was remove during the preview, the other just brings up the magnifier option.

Not sure why the narrator as started on your console though, I will do some checks.

GrowlingYapper, Dec 18, 2015
  8. how do I stop my xbox one to "talk" all the time?

@Growlingyapper , What do you mean "None of those options exist" ? they exist on mine for sure ...

RobertBuckalew, Dec 19, 2015
  9. I'm in the preview the narrator was removed as it wasn't ready for use as I said I will do some checks.

GrowlingYapper, Dec 19, 2015
  10. I'm in the preview to and I assure it's on mine

RobertBuckalew, Dec 19, 2015
  11. Just managed to get back in the forums, Some have it some don't, I have filed a report see if we can find out if its yay or nay, One way another there is a problem.

12. Also it was a long press which takes you to the shut down screen and report a problem and magnifier that's all I get with that one.

13. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

I the location/language the console is set to makes the difference to if it's available or not. My console is set to English and the UK.

gds1972, Dec 19, 2015
  14. Spot on mate just tried it I thought I was going crazy.

15. papaglover
    papaglover Guest
    ok, so I went on settings/ease of access/narrator, and I was able to shut it off! about time, my mental health was seriously at risk of a meltdown!

papaglover, Oct 31, 2018
  16. GrowlingYapper Win User

I'm in the preview the narrator was removed as it wasn't ready for use as I said I will do some checks.
  17. RobertBuckalew Win User

@Growlingyapper , What do you mean "None of those options exist" ? they exist on mine for sure ...
  18. RobertBuckalew Win User

when did that start ? Mine has never said a word ...you narrator must be on somehow , I think the default is off...

Go to Settings--Ease of Access--Narrator and see if its turned on
  19. GrowlingYapper Win User

Also it was a long press which takes you to the shut down screen and report a problem and magnifier that's all I get with that one.
  20. GrowlingYapper Win User

Spot on mate just tried it I thought I was going crazy.
Thema:

1. how do I stop my xbox one to "talk" all the time? - Similar Threads - stop talk

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  4. The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...: The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then restarts the update even though the internet is good. 803fc08c-7ca8-4441-8c0a-137814f5e893
  5. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  6. It keeps stopping when it gets to the ready to play spot and I'm talking about gta 5

in XBoX Accessibility
    It keeps stopping when it gets to the ready to play spot and I'm talking about gta 5: Like fix it to where I can play 679882fd-2ae7-43cf-a0e2-13e7fd854d55
  7. I keep getting charged $10.79 each month and I can’t get anyone to talk to to stop this charge

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting charged $10.79 each month and I can’t get anyone to talk to to stop this charge: I keep getting charged and want it to stop charging me 0de5ccd3-30dc-4b21-ba03-1379a9baa8b9
  8. Chat Filters to Stop Toxic Trash Talk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Chat Filters to Stop Toxic Trash Talk: No people will still be jerks im sure. People are nasty. e6a248d5-4879-4620-a34f-fbef2ee6da1d
  9. Suspensions non stop and no free talk

in XBoX Accessibility
    Suspensions non stop and no free talk: Now we have to abide by the *sigh* code of conduct. And a list of things not to do is understandable. But when we have to lockdown everything to telling a JOKE! There is some problems. I don't get...
  10. I dont know if its a preview bug or something all of a sudden my mic stop letting me talk in ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I dont know if its a preview bug or something all of a sudden my mic stop letting me talk in ...: I think it's a preview bug but ever since I got the preview my mic won't allow me to talk in it a51a9517-2e9f-4ef7-8d91-200c4a272d04