How do I stop my xbox game bar to stop auto recording a game?

Discus and support How do I stop my xbox game bar to stop auto recording a game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I accidentally enabled auto capture for Mortal Kombat 11 and it causes FPS drop and I want to disable it but Idk how ee40098c-4a8c-4fcb-8ee9-d034aff191ac Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mahdi Heydari, Jun 7, 2023.

1. How do I stop my xbox game bar to stop auto recording a game?

I accidentally enabled auto capture for Mortal Kombat 11 and it causes FPS drop and I want to disable it but Idk how

:)

Mahdi Heydari, Jun 7, 2023
  2. Rolepl4y Guy Win User

Oh it's okay I'm glad to help either way...

So for PC:

-First, Open Settings > Gaming.

-Then, Turn off “Record Game Clips, screenshots and broadcasts using Game Bar”.

-Then, Turn off “Open the Game bar with the Xbox Logo button on your controller.

-Then, Navigate to Settings > Captures (previously Game DVR).

-Then lastly, Turn off “Record in the background while I’m playing a game.”

Regards,

Brian O.

If this helped you in any way please rate yes or no Below and thank you ✌🏻♥️
  3. Mahdi Heydari Win User

Sorry I'm playing on PC forgot to mention it
  4. Wille M. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there.

I'm an Independent advisor and I'm here to help you with your concern.

Press Windows key + G, click Settings in the Xbox Game Bar, under Capturing, turn off Record in background when playing games.

If it doesn't work, press the Windows key +i to open the system settings; Click Games > Captures > disable the Record what happened option (Windows+ALT+G).

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be happy to clarify it.
    It was interacting with you in this thread. Hugs!
  5. Rolepl4y Guy Win User

Hai Mahdi,

-So First, you need to open the Xbox guide by pressing the nexus button on your controller (also known as the Xbox button in the center).

-Then Navigate right to the Settings menu.

-Within settings, navigate down with your joystick to Preferences.

-Under Preferences, select the Capture & Share menu.

-The Captures & Share menu has a range of features that lets you tweak the duration and recording quality of clips on your console. At the top select the drop-down menu that says Allow game captures.

-Now select Captures by me to block games from auto-recording clips on your Xbox.

-Then Press the Xbox button again or the B button repeatedly to return back to the dashboard, good day sir. 😊

Regards,

Brian O.

If this helped you in any way please rate yes or no Below and thank you ✌🏻♥️
  6. Toua Xiong Win User

Useless, do you even have gamebar on your PC. None of the **** you said is even on there. Three is no gaming, there gaming feature but none of the capture settings. ****
Thema:

1. How do I stop my xbox game bar to stop auto recording a game? - Similar Threads - stop game bar

2. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  3. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...: ive tried everything i can please help Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). I've...
  4. Xbox Game Bar stops recieving my voice when I click away from Overlay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar stops recieving my voice when I click away from Overlay: For the past few days I've been having this problem with my game bar. I will hit Win+G to open game bar and join my friends party. As soon as I join (while the Gamebar Overlay is still on screen)...
  5. Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active: My mic isn't working in Party Chat using the Windows Xbox app. It works when the Game Bar overlay is active but stops working when it the overlay is not visible. It does not work at all in the...
  6. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay.: Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). Windows fully updated, all apps updated....
  7. How to stop games attempting to load the deleted xbox game bar every time

in XBoX on Windows
    How to stop games attempting to load the deleted xbox game bar every time: i have deleted Xbox game bar, and i don't want it back, but when i load a game i get an error message that it is attempting to load the bar but cannot how do i stop this message? registry edit of...
  8. Game bar stops recording when I resize app that's being recorded

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar stops recording when I resize app that's being recorded: I'm using Windows 11. submitted by /u/TaiIvUosis [link] [comments]
  9. PC Xbox Game bar party chat makes keyboard and mouse stop working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC Xbox Game bar party chat makes keyboard and mouse stop working: Hi, I'm having a weird problem with party chat on PC. Whenever I try to start a party in the Xbox game bar or join a party, my keyboard and mouse just stop working. It looks like the keyboard...
  10. How do I stop message notifications from popping up via Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I stop message notifications from popping up via Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10?: Since the most recent update to the Xbox Game Bar app on Windows 10, I now get a notification any time an Xbox Live friend sends me a message, however, I can't see any way to turn this off. Xbox...