How do I stop my TV from turning on after I turn off my Series X?

Discus and support How do I stop my TV from turning on after I turn off my Series X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Samsung HDTV and every time I turn off my Series X console and press the power button on the TV remote, the TV turns off for a brief second... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sean O'Loughlin, Jan 24, 2023.

1. How do I stop my TV from turning on after I turn off my Series X?

I have a Samsung HDTV and every time I turn off my Series X console and press the power button on the TV remote, the TV turns off for a brief second and automatically turns back on. When I change the output to one not connected to the console, it does the same thing once or twice when I try turning the TV off until the TV powers off for good. Is there any way I can avoid all of this?

:)

Sean O'Loughlin, Jan 24, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Sean, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the TV and console.

This sounds like you have HDMI-CEC set up on your console. This will allow the console to turn the TV on or off when you turn the console on or off.

It's possible that the console has not fully shut down when you turn off the TV so it could be getting a false 'turn on' signal from the console. I'd suggest waiting a moment after turning off the console to turn off the TV or turn off the HDMI-CEC setting on your console.
  3. voteDC Win User

How do I stop my Xbox 360 from turning off when I turn my TV off?

Go to System Settings, Console Settings, Startup and Shutdown and make sure that you don't have Auto-Off enabled.

Also check your TV settings. Many sets have an option to turn off devices connected via HDMI when the TV itself is turned off. Your television may also have this option.
  4. PGz Duffman Win User

If you are using HDMI, the xbox restarts if you turn off your screen or change the channel.
  5. FilletMcSlay Win User

Thanks for the replies, but none of them have worked. My Xbox doesn't exactly lose power, I think it goes into some sort of sleep. The power button is lit, but when I turn my console back on, like I said, it just restarts.
  6. Charles Caravan Win User

• Here are the step to stop this if you are having trouble:
    • Step 1: on the back of your Xbox above the HDMI port, there is a larger port. This is were your headset plugs in.
    • Step 2: Remove this lead
    • Step 3: Buy this cable http://goo.gl/mJdDef
    • Replace your old HDMI adapter with your new one
    And from now on it wont turn off :))))
Thema:

1. How do I stop my TV from turning on after I turn off my Series X? - Similar Threads - stop turning turn

2. My Xbox randomly stopped turning on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox randomly stopped turning on.: I went on vacation and when I returned, it no longer turned on. I can hear the fans running when it is plugged in, I have tried holding the power button, a different outlet, and a different power...
  3. How do I stop my Xbox Series X from automatically turning on when I plug in controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox Series X from automatically turning on when I plug in controller?: I just want it to stay off no matter if I plug or unplug controllers from it. I don’t feel that action should be a mechanism to turn the Xbox on. 5de8b99d-e08e-467a-b945-336dc0b3ece5
  4. Netflix stops playing video when I turn off my series x controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix stops playing video when I turn off my series x controller: Has never done this but when watching a video on Netflix and I turn off my controller, like I have for as long as I remember and never had a problem, but now it stops playing the video…. What did...
  5. My Xbox stops downloading things when it turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox stops downloading things when it turns off: I turn it off while downloading a few things and when i wake up it says stopped installing 35fcbf07-bca2-46eb-8ec4-63683d364093
  6. Next Gen games downloads keep stopping when I turn off the console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Next Gen games downloads keep stopping when I turn off the console.: Hello, I was emailing to talk about a problem I’ve been having and it started when I formatted my external hard drive and deleted all my games and now when I try to download any next gen title...
  7. Xbox mini fridge has stopped working and won’t turn on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox mini fridge has stopped working and won’t turn on: My Xbox mini fridge won’t turn on? It’s not overheated or plug damaged it just won’t turn on 9028bcf2-8040-4555-bddc-b4034a8d0317
  8. my controller suddenly stop working while its turned on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my controller suddenly stop working while its turned on: This happend with some games i download from gamepass like psychonauts 2, hellblade, a plague tale where my controller suddenly stop working while its turned on and none of the buttons work anyone...
  9. Xbox series x elite 2 controller. Works to turn on system all other buttons stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x elite 2 controller. Works to turn on system all other buttons stopped working...: Per title I walked away from my system. The controller lost connection. When I came back into connection range buttons do not work on controller. Except for power button still turns on the system....
  10. Xbox One stops at 2/3 of the update, flashes the light for a bit, then turns off and never...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One stops at 2/3 of the update, flashes the light for a bit, then turns off and never...: I've had my xbox one for a while now, at least for more than 5 years. Recently I've wanted to try to use it again, but when I started it up, it said I needed a 4.4 gb system update to connect to...