How do I stop my TV from turning on after I turn off my Series X?

Discus and support How do I stop my TV from turning on after I turn off my Series X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Samsung HDTV and every time I turn off my Series X console and press the power button on the TV remote, the TV turns off for a brief second... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sean O'Loughlin, Jan 24, 2023.

1. How do I stop my TV from turning on after I turn off my Series X?

I have a Samsung HDTV and every time I turn off my Series X console and press the power button on the TV remote, the TV turns off for a brief second and automatically turns back on. When I change the output to one not connected to the console, it does the same thing once or twice when I try turning the TV off until the TV powers off for good. Is there any way I can avoid all of this?

:)

Sean O'Loughlin, Jan 24, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Sean, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the TV and console.

This sounds like you have HDMI-CEC set up on your console. This will allow the console to turn the TV on or off when you turn the console on or off.

It's possible that the console has not fully shut down when you turn off the TV so it could be getting a false 'turn on' signal from the console. I'd suggest waiting a moment after turning off the console to turn off the TV or turn off the HDMI-CEC setting on your console.
  3. voteDC Win User

How do I stop my Xbox 360 from turning off when I turn my TV off?

Go to System Settings, Console Settings, Startup and Shutdown and make sure that you don't have Auto-Off enabled.

Also check your TV settings. Many sets have an option to turn off devices connected via HDMI when the TV itself is turned off. Your television may also have this option.
  4. PGz Duffman Win User

If you are using HDMI, the xbox restarts if you turn off your screen or change the channel.
  5. FilletMcSlay Win User

Thanks for the replies, but none of them have worked. My Xbox doesn't exactly lose power, I think it goes into some sort of sleep. The power button is lit, but when I turn my console back on, like I said, it just restarts.
  6. Charles Caravan Win User

• Here are the step to stop this if you are having trouble:
    • Step 1: on the back of your Xbox above the HDMI port, there is a larger port. This is were your headset plugs in.
    • Step 2: Remove this lead
    • Step 3: Buy this cable http://goo.gl/mJdDef
    • Replace your old HDMI adapter with your new one
    And from now on it wont turn off :))))
Thema:

1. How do I stop my TV from turning on after I turn off my Series X? - Similar Threads - stop turning turn

2. My Xbox One controller stopped turning on with batteries, only with cable, and it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller stopped turning on with batteries, only with cable, and it is...: A while ago the controller had had connection problems, but these were solvable and in the end I could still play, but now it is no longer possible, if I only use batteries (checked that they are...
  3. How can I stop my Xbox from turning off if my tv gets turned off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my Xbox from turning off if my tv gets turned off?: When I am using my Xbox and my tv gets turned off for whatever reason, my Xbox will automatically shutdown. Is there a way I can turn this off? 491639a6-7312-46cf-887c-e6be8c5301d0
  4. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  5. Xbox Wireless Headset - How to stop it from turning on Xbox when using on PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset - How to stop it from turning on Xbox when using on PC?: Hello everybody, I have an Xbox Wireless headset and while I was only using it for my Xbox, everything was fine. It works perfectly. However, I recently built a PC to play iRacing and to my...
  6. Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable: Hi everyone been having problems with netflix recently where if my controller turns off for being idle for too long or if I disconnect the charge cable on my eliet 2 it stops playing what I'm...
  7. How to stop the Xbox headset turning on the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to stop the Xbox headset turning on the console: Hello! I was wondering if there is a way to disable the feature that turns on the Xbox when using the headset. I understand that there might not be a way to do this, but I have seen many...
  8. When I turn off the Xbox, the game download stops

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn off the Xbox, the game download stops: Hello. I download the game and when I turn off the Xbox, the download stops. I made all the settings for downloading, but it didn't work. I even reset the console, but it still didn't work. Can...
  9. How do I stop my TV from turning on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my TV from turning on my Xbox?: I have a Samsung QN90A TV. Up until about a week ago it worked exactly as desired with my Xbox. However, out of nowhere it started turning on my Xbox whenever I turn on the TV and I can’t get it...
  10. How to stop my controller turning off when watching something with headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to stop my controller turning off when watching something with headset: I can sit and watch an hour long YouTube video and it will never turn off but any streaming app IE netflix, BBC iPlayer, prime video my controller will turn off every 15 mins or so, it was never...