How do I stop my elite series 2 for constantly disconnecting from my series X?

Discus and support How do I stop my elite series 2 for constantly disconnecting from my series X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently I paid for a replacement elite controller but when I got the new one I started having problems. From the beginning the controller kept having... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AndrewEhret, Jan 28, 2023.

1. AndrewEhret
    AndrewEhret Guest

Recently I paid for a replacement elite controller but when I got the new one I started having problems. From the beginning the controller kept having problems connecting to my series X. After playing with it for a while I finally got the two connected but soon ran into a new problem, the controller then started to randomly power off while in use. Eventually after a lot of hard resets this problem stopped, but then something new popped up. Now the controller is very unresponsive, unpairs, and powers down. Every time I try to use my controller, without fail, I'll run into one of these problems or a combination of them. Either the controller won't turn on at all, or on the off chance it does the controller will only stay on from anywhere between 5-60 seconds before it unpairs and turns off. These problems even continue when the controller is directly plugged into the console. Both the Xbox and controller are fully updated, have been reset, powered down, and anything else I can think of. I've spent countless hours reading through discussions forms and watching videos to try and resolve this issue. Please let my know if there is anything else I can try.

Thanks for the help,

Andrew

:)

AndrewEhret, Jan 28, 2023
  2. jspin. Win User

Xbox Elite Controller glitching

This constantly happens with my Elite 2 except on my Xbox Series X exactly how you describe it. I assumed it was a software issue with the Xbox, but if I'm understanding you correctly you are connected directly to your tv via bluetooth. This leads me to believe this may instead be a hardware/software issue with the Elite 2.

Hopefully this context helps any advisors that may look into this.
  3. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Bluetooth disconnect issue

4. Alex_Sisk Win User

Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

I got my Series X in January, and never even took the included controller out of the box, because I own the Elite Series 2. When I dropped my Elite Series 2 (oof) recently, I sent it off for out-of-warranty repair, and pulled out the basic controller, still wrapped and taped in the foam bag in the box.

Stock controller worked fine for a few days, then there was a firmware update - recently, and I'm having intermittent disconnections all the time. It works fine when wired with a USB-A -> USB-C cable (I use the 9-foot one that comes with the Elite Series 2).

I decided, since I'd never had trouble with connectivity on the Elite Series 2, that I would buy a 2nd one, brand new of course. It 100% required me to update before proceeding.

Since I never had issues with the Series X and Elite Series 2, I wasn't aware of the known connectivity issues until the basic controller started intermittently dropping connection.. After searching, I saw that there were a ton of articles from way back in January, including Microsoft acknowledging the problem and releasing a firmware update in March...

Yet here I am with a freshly unwrapped Series X controller AND a brand new, (delivered Sept. 7th) SECOND $180 Elite Series 2 controller, and BOTH are cutting out intermittently..

-Sitting Less than 7 feet from my console

-I keep my batteries charged - both the Elite's internal, and the Enelooph Pro AA rechargeables that I use in the regular controller.

-As I mentioned, latest firmware on controller

-Of course, latest firmware/software on Series X console

-Both controllers work fine when wired.

-Already performed hard power cycle on the controller as well as the console.

-1st Elite (the one being repaired) never had issues until I dropped it - but it was never exposed to that new firmware)

-That's 8 months I used my 1st Elite Series 2 with the Series X and no problems.

It seems to me that the original intermittent connectivity issues were never resolved.
  5. Jaxpug Win User

Controller

Ive had the baseline controllers for years and keep holding back from pulling the trigger (get it?) for an elite controller. When the series 2 came out, I was ready to go get one, but the fervor died off with reports of disconnecting.

Right now I’m still waiting to get an elite. I plan on it sometime this year, maybe with the Series X
  6. XA DRBATTLE Win User

Best xbox one controller?

i have the standard issue for xbox one x an elite series 1 and an elite series 2 and i can honestly say the elite series are worth the money
Thema:

1. How do I stop my elite series 2 for constantly disconnecting from my series X? - Similar Threads - stop elite series

2. Xbox series X light wont stop blinking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X light wont stop blinking: Hello, I have had my series x for a year and about 2 days ago it just keeps blinking and blinking and it wont turn off. I have to unplug it for it to shut down or if i click the eject button it...
  3. How do I stop my Elite 2 controller from disconnectimg during boss fights

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Elite 2 controller from disconnectimg during boss fights: This controller works fine until a busy section...like a boss fight. Then it disconnects unless I plug it in using cable. 0e2a9714-e40b-4c32-9969-4beb55a19cfc
  4. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  5. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  6. My Xbox elite 2 controller back paddles have stopped working for my PC. I plugged my old...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite 2 controller back paddles have stopped working for my PC. I plugged my old...: My Xbox elite 2 controller back paddles have stopped working for my PC. I plugged my old scuf in and those paddles work. It's the controller/firmware that's the issue...
  7. Sniper elite 5 - rifle scope stopped appearing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sniper elite 5 - rifle scope stopped appearing: Issue description When clicking LB on my controller the scope no longer appears 1 System info Xbox s 2 Was I able to ever play this game with rifle scope using aim(LB)? Yes. I played the...
  8. Help with Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. Can't Stop Screenshotting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. Can't Stop Screenshotting: I just connected my new controller to my laptop and once I started playing I discovered that the A button defaults to opening the xbox thing and the B button automatically screen shots. WHOS...
  9. One paddle stopped responding in xbox elite 2. Its mapped ed and physically clicking but no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    One paddle stopped responding in xbox elite 2. Its mapped ed and physically clicking but no...: One paddle suddenly stopped responding in xbox elite 2. Its mapped ed and physically clicking but no response. 322d9f07-bdd0-4cc7-b57f-4a724d637945
  10. My right paddles on my elite controller stopped working how do I fix this issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    My right paddles on my elite controller stopped working how do I fix this issue: My paddles on the right side of my elite controller stopped working I hear a click when pressing down and they are mapped but there’s no action my left 2 work just fine how do I fix this issue...