How do I solve the input lag from using mouse and keyboard?

Discus and support How do I solve the input lag from using mouse and keyboard? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This only effects games opened from the game pass. If I open the same games from steam or another client, there is no input lag. I have disabled... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dr Drewtopia, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Dr Drewtopia
    Dr Drewtopia Guest

This only effects games opened from the game pass. If I open the same games from steam or another client, there is no input lag. I have disabled everything I can, reinstalled games, and disabled all overlays. I simply can't find an actual solution.

When using WASD, the direction will often hitch one way or another. The mouse control is fine it's literally just with my keyboard. I have tried several keyboards and they all do it. Most of my games become difficult to use, some of them become impossible to play because of it.

I do not understand why this is a problem with the game pass service only. All of my games through steam run perfectly fine and have no input lag whatsoever.

:)

Dr Drewtopia, Dec 25, 2022
  2. Juhn Jac Win User

Hi Dr Drewtopia

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your issue has already been resolved. We will not be tracking this topic going forward, therefore, if you need further assistance, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
  3. Juhn Jac Win User

This only effects games opened from the game pass. If I open the same games from steam or another client, there is no input lag. I have disabled everything I can, reinstalled games, and disabled all overlays. I simply can't find an actual solution.

When using WASD, the direction will often hitch one way or another. The mouse control is fine it's literally just with my keyboard. I have tried several keyboards and they all do it. Most of my games become difficult to use, some of them become impossible to play because of it.

I do not understand why this is a problem with the game pass service only. All of my games through steam run perfectly fine and have no input lag whatsoever.
    Hi Dr Drewtopia

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We are happy to help.

Please check this thread: Why is my mouse and keyboard lagging - Microsoft Community it has a similar issue as yours it might help you.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
  4. GrayBoosh Win User

Mouse and Keyboard on games that don't support

There are devices that take the input from a mouse and keyboard and translate them into the same input that the console would see from a controller.

They are unauthorized hardware, and using them is prohibited. Even - as far as I know - for games that allow mouse and keyboard.
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

C/S Xbox One (X)

Hi Sword,

Thanks for your post. If you're experiencing input lag from your mouse & keyboard to Fortnite, I'd recommend trying to use a different keyboard & mouse. Also, you may want to contact

Fortnite support
    , this could be an issue due to the newly implemented mouse & keyboard support, which could act abnormally at times and could just require an update to correct.

I hope this helps.
  6. AlfonsStaring Win User

Game Pass (PC) Keyboard Input Lag!

Thanks,

This solved my lagging mouse cursor input for both Zoo Tycoon and Sea of Thieves on Xbox GamePass!
Thema:

1. How do I solve the input lag from using mouse and keyboard? - Similar Threads - solve input lag

2. Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this: I acquired a used Xbox one x from a friend and everything on it works fine.... Accept the fact that it will randomly turn on and eject the disc, and if there is no disc it just rings, does anyone...
  3. [SOLVED] Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [SOLVED] Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?: I already went through every option suggested on these forums, restarted my pc, reset store cache, tried a different profile etc but none of them worked so I wen t through both the ai agent and a...
  4. I don't know how to solve this xbox auth expired please join again why and also im using my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't know how to solve this xbox auth expired please join again why and also im using my...: I cant join life boat server im going to check now 0672198b-c91f-4089-a75b-b232a0a866e3
  5. Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together: Found myself at a closed thread with no step in solution from microsoft, so thought I'd get a fresh one started. I have a box that is doing this exact issue, even after maintenancing the internal...
  6. Hello fellow gamers do you guys know how to solve the error code 0x87e00029?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello fellow gamers do you guys know how to solve the error code 0x87e00029?: Hello fellow gamers! So today i wanted to download the microsoft flight sim with a product key. It al went well until i needed to download an update before downloading the game. After the download...
  7. Anyone know how to solve this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone know how to solve this?: I got this problem a few months ago on my stationary computer that my character keeps walking for a few seconds even though I release the w-key. This happeneds in multiple games and it doesn't...
  8. Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?: I already went through every option suggested on these forums, restarted my pc, reset store cache, tried a different profile etc but none of them worked so I wen t through both the ai agent and a...
  9. I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue?: I've had my xbox account for 8+ years and today I've been told there's "usual activity" on my account. To what that is, is beyond me. I can't use the phone code because it's linked to my old phone...
  10. "Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it?: Every time I take 30 second clips with the "record what happened" option in the Xbox Game Bar, the microphone doesn't work and doesn't take it, causing the clip to not have my voice. When I record...