How do i share an XBOX game for a Family account?

Discus and support How do i share an XBOX game for a Family account? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I own an XBOX S Console. I have two accounts on the console (mine and my son's, and the my son is under my "Family" account). Under my account,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by udis_s, Sep 2, 2022.

1. udis_s
    udis_s Guest

Hi

I own an XBOX S Console.

I have two accounts on the console (mine and my son's, and the my son is under my "Family" account).

Under my account, I have purchased FIFA22 license.

How can i enable play the game under his account own?

Udi

:)

udis_s, Sep 2, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Udis_S! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I understand you'd like to share your license for FIFA22 with your son.

To do this, you need to log in to your account and designate your console as "Home Xbox", like this:

• Sign in to your account on the console your son will be using to play.

• Go to Settings > General > Personalization > My Home Xbox > Make this my Home Xbox.

Once you do this, everyone who uses this console should be able to access your purchased games, subscriptions, and other downloadable content from the Microsoft Store.

For more information on the "Home Xbox" feature, click on the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help.

Best regards.
  3. Mister Gwyther Win User

Gamer tag

Can you check the steps listed here (support.xbox.com/.../billing-points-family-pack) under "How do I share points with family members (secondary
    accounts)?" heading. Is this how you are attempting to share points? Which option are you not seeing? Let me know, thanks!
  4. ngocphi Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Family Sharing

I don't think you understand how family accounts work

Family accounts don't share benefits or dlc

Home console does and only DLC

FAMILY accounts let's the parental account control what a child does that's it

No console let's you do what you think family accounts do
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Buying games or buying content in a game.

I believe setting up a game share would solve the problem/answer the question. It would allow for you to both share purchased content and dlc. One way to do it would be to login to both accounts and set them as the home Xbox seperately so that both accounts
    accounts will be tied to the home Xbox, therefore sharing games between accounts.

Another way to do it would be to set up a family on the Xbox with your son's account set as the child/other family member and that will also share content between the two on the Xbox. Both of these can be done in the settings.
  6. MissNoLove Win User

Hi I got banned 3 days ago

You’re aloud to share with family as that’s why it gives you the option for sharing gold with family, how else would you be able to share with them without their account? (Why else would you have make this account your home Xbox)
Thema:

1. How do i share an XBOX game for a Family account? - Similar Threads - share game Family

2. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  3. Family sharing games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family sharing games: We have a family account, 2 Xboxes in the house. My son has bought MW3 can I now play that on my Xbox ? 5e09c1b2-71f3-4528-93f3-f8e192f998c7
  4. Is there a way to game share to multiple Xbox’s through family accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to game share to multiple Xbox’s through family accounts?: Hey so I currently have 3 Xbox’s one for myself and my two sons. Is there a way that I can share my games I’ve already bought to both of their Xbox’s? For example, if we all wanted to play...
  5. Is Xbox game pass ultimate the only game pass eligible to be shared with my family ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Xbox game pass ultimate the only game pass eligible to be shared with my family ?: I want to share my game pass with my family but right now my home Xbox only shares games. I have game pass core. 3feec88d-530b-47e5-9e89-09f2f2941682
  6. Family game share not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family game share not working: So I have 3 Xbox in my house (My Xbox One, a son's Xbox one, and a another son's Xbox Series S). We have had my Xbox set as the Home Xbox for years and they were able to play my games and use...
  7. GamePass family sharing function is causing a game to die

in XboX Insiders
    GamePass family sharing function is causing a game to die: Hello dear r/xboxinsiders community! My friends and I have done everything possible to help this game, but the curse of the hackers is incurable for our position. Now we have to rely on higher...
  8. Games pass family sharing for Fortnite:Save the Word

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games pass family sharing for Fortnite:Save the Word: I have games pass ultimate, and while my child has access to Fortnite, only my account has access to the “Save the World” content that comes with games pass. bf339663-8a9a-4763-99fd-f68342a2adc8
  9. Sharing Games and Subscriptions with Family Members

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing Games and Subscriptions with Family Members: Hi In my household we have three separate Xbox series S consoles. I have one and I have two sons which have one each. We all have separate gaming tags. We are set up as a family and I have...
  10. Game Pass Ultimate: Is Xbox Cloud Gamming not available to share with family members

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Ultimate: Is Xbox Cloud Gamming not available to share with family members: Hi There, Tried to trouble shoot from a previous blog about children using Game Pass Ultimate. I have set our console to Home and my son's account still says he has to subscribe to use cloud...