How do I set up Xbox Live Gold on a family members Series X console?

Discus and support How do I set up Xbox Live Gold on a family members Series X console? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've just upgraded my 2 Xbox One consoles to Xbox Series X consoles, I'm having trouble setting them both up to access XBox Live Gold. I have Game Pass... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ReductiveOak95, Dec 8, 2022.

1. How do I set up Xbox Live Gold on a family members Series X console?

I've just upgraded my 2 Xbox One consoles to Xbox Series X consoles, I'm having trouble setting them both up to access XBox Live Gold. I have Game Pass Ultimate, which includes Gold. I set up 1 of of them with my main account & that is working fine, the other one is set up with a family members account, & XBox Live Gold isn't working. I've logged in with my main account & set this console as Home Xbox, not sure what I've done wrong, everything worked fine on the Xbox One consoles.

:)

ReductiveOak95, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Just to make sure, when you set a console as your Home, you meant you signed into their console right? If so, try doing a hard reset (hold the power button down on the console until it turns off, unplug the console, plug it in, then turn it back on).
  3. Bibbistorie Win User

Everything to know about Xbox Series X|S (Except how to get one)

Question currently i have 2 xbox ones in the house only one console can be a family set up to share game pass and live with the family.

When I get the series X will this allow me to set the X and the one as 2 separate family devices?
  4. juan van Win User

change family membership

Here is how you leave the family plan

Sign into Xbox LIVE on your console.

Go to Settings, and select Account.

Select Leave Gold Family Pack.

If there is an error on leaving, then the parent account has to do it first then you can do it as instructed above.

On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE with the primary account for the Gold Family Pack.

Go to Settings, and select Family.

Select the member you want to remove from the Gold Family Pack.

Select Remove From Gold Family Pack.

FAQ

support.xbox.com/.../family-pack-faq
  5. GronTron Win User

XBox Live Family -- Please HELP!!

Hey there AlteredPlanet, below I've posted the info from the FAQ for the family pack. The only "catch" I would consider being that the secondary members on the family pack can't purchase anything via credit card.

-

How much does a Gold Family Pack membership cost?

Xbox LIVE subscription costs vary by region. For current, specific information, see the
    Xbox LIVE Membership page.

If you already have individual Gold memberships, the price is discounted based on how much time is remaining on your existing Gold memberships. For more information, please see

Join an Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack

Your Xbox LIVE account is billed for the first 12 months
    (less any discounts you might be eligible for)
    when you sign up for a Gold Family Pack membership.

How do I sign up or convert an existing Xbox LIVE membership?

Please see
    Join an Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack

How do I purchase Microsoft Points?

Microsoft Points are the currency of the Xbox LIVE stores. Only the primary Family Pack member can purchase points, making it easier for a parent to manage his or her family’s entertainment
    budget.

Primary member: This is the Xbox LIVE account that you used to sign up for the Gold Family Pack membership. This account can purchase and give Microsoft Points to other family members (secondary accounts). See the section below,

How do I share points with family members (secondary accounts)?

Secondary members: Secondary family members cannot use credit or debit cards to purchase
    Microsoft Points. Instead, secondary account members can

redeem a Microsoft Points card
    (available at retail locations), or the primary member can give points to secondary members (see section below).

How do I share points with family members (secondary accounts)?

The primary member on the Gold Family Pack membership can give Microsoft Points to other family members (secondary members), so that they can make purchases on Xbox LIVE.

Give points to family members

1. On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE using the Family Pack primary account (the account used to sign up for the Family Pack membership).
    2. Go to Settings, and then select Family.

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

1. Select the member that you want to give points to.
    2. Select Grant Allowance.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to give Microsoft Points to the secondary member. Points that you give to a secondary member cannot be reversed later.
    Note If you don’t have enough points in your account, you’ll be prompted to add more points before giving points to the secondary member.

Can secondary members use credit cards to purchase Xbox LIVE content?

No. Secondary members cannot add a credit or debit card to their Xbox LIVE account. Only the primary Family Pack member can purchase points, making it easier for a parent to manage their family’s entertainment budget.

Secondary members can
    redeem Microsoft Points cards
    (available at retail locations), or the primary member can

give points to secondary members.

If a member has other Microsoft services, they can add a credit or debit card to use with that service. To view credit cards on a secondary account, sign into
    Microsoft Billing and Account Management using the Microsoft account of the secondary account.

What is a primary and secondary Family Pack account?

The Xbox LIVE account used to purchase a Gold Family Pack membership is the primary Family Pack account. All other Xbox LIVE accounts associated with the Family Pack membership are secondary accounts.

To see and add family pack members:

1. On your console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE account that you used to sign up for a Family Pack membership (the primary account).
    2. Go to Settings, and then select Family.
    The primary and secondary accounts are shown. To add or remove family members, please see

Managing Gold Family Pack members

How to I add or remove family members?

Please see
    Manage Gold Family Pack members

I’m getting a Gold Family Pack error. What should I do?

Please see
    Troubleshooting Gold Family Pack errors

How can I set parental controls?

Please see
    Xbox 360 console parental controls

How does a Gold Family Pack membership affect other subscriptions?

Secondary accounts on the Gold Family Pack don’t have a separate Xbox LIVE membership, but they can add other Microsoft services, to their Microsoft account and gamertag. Other service subscriptions are not shared among the Gold Family Pack members.

How do I cancel a Gold Family Pack membership?

For information about how to cancel your membership, see
    Cancel your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership
  6. RemittingFire58 Win User

Multiple Xbox Ones

You can use Xbox lives home settings to share your accounts and gold privledges between family members. A Google or YouTube search can show you how to set this up. It allows any accounts associated with the main account access to the gold service of live
    as well as access to games purchased. Its a pretty good system for 2 consoles or less.
Thema:

1. How do I set up Xbox Live Gold on a family members Series X console? - Similar Threads - set Live Gold

2. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  3. Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...: Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my friends and messages on the app are not showing on my console, anyone able to help please?...
  4. What to set my location as if I live in Turks and Caicos Islands

in XBoX on Windows
    What to set my location as if I live in Turks and Caicos Islands: I do not know what to set my location as as I live in Turks and Caicos aa45cde1-75d1-4c17-92e3-ee6715b79804
  5. How do I fix the error message when trying to set up a live stream?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix the error message when trying to set up a live stream?: When I try to set up a live stream in the capture and share part of the Xbox menu it loads for a while before displaying a message that says "Sorry, Something went wrong. Try this again In a...
  6. Can I set up another Xbox Gold Live account under the same email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I set up another Xbox Gold Live account under the same email address: We have 2 xbox consoles in our house. One is Xbox Series X and the other is Xbox Series S. We tried using a single Gold Live account with a "Home Console". However there is too much conflict for...
  7. Gold live subscription set up in wrong region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gold live subscription set up in wrong region: I redeemed Xbox Gold Live vouchers bought in Australia, but somehow the Gold Live subscription thinks it's in the UK. My profile is set to my home, Australia. Now i cannot make any changes to this...
  8. Home Xbox one set , profiles & live gold access?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Xbox one set , profiles & live gold access?: Hi. Ok so my last question is now a locked thread. It contains the basic info about my problem & set up. I’ve set the xbox one profile with live gold access as the home xbox one. This should now...
  9. Can't buy Live Gold. Can't get anything set-up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't buy Live Gold. Can't get anything set-up.: I am setting up a new XBOX One. it wont let me purchase a Gold subscription and I cant get a kids account setup. It says I need a kids email (for a small child, which I set up, but it won't let me...
  10. I set up xbox live gold membership but my xbox 360 keeps telling me that info is for a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I set up xbox live gold membership but my xbox 360 keeps telling me that info is for a ...: I am trying to set up my xbox live gold account on my son's xbox 360. I set up the account using my iPad and them set up the xbox smart glass on my iPad. Right after I did those things I went to...