How do I set up a family members account to ask for a pin for age restricted games?

Discus and support How do I set up a family members account to ask for a pin for age restricted games? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I gave my old Xbox to my nephew's family and set it up so they can use my gold/game pass benefits via Family settings. I want to set a content... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GamingWizard42, May 2, 2022.

1. How do I set up a family members account to ask for a pin for age restricted games?

I gave my old Xbox to my nephew's family and set it up so they can use my gold/game pass benefits via Family settings. I want to set a content restriction to keep him out of maturer games but also only ask for a pin so my uncle can access them. The current way it's set up is that my account gives theirs a permission to access a mature game but that leaves it open for my nephew to play it later on. A remember a few years ago, my Xbox locked me out of mature games and required my pin to play them every time I opened the game which would be perfect for my problem. Is that setting still achievable?

:)

GamingWizard42, May 2, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

How do I set up a family members account to ask for a pin for age restricted games?

Hello, GamingWizard42. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and Microsoft Xbox expert user. I'll be glad to help you out.

First, you need to setup your passkey (or pin):
    Select your Profile > Settings > Account > Sign In, Security and Passkey. Click on Create My Passkey.

After setting up your passkey, get back to Account > Content Restrictions. Set Access to Contents to the age you want to ask for a passkey.

Let's say you chose Appropriate Up To Age 10. Any game that has a higher age restriction than 10 will now ask for your passkey to be played.

Hope this can help you.
  3. NineIG Win User

2k23 family settings

It’s telling to manage family members even though I have no restrictions and my account age is set to 14
  4. BobMcFly247 Win User

Resetting the family passcode

Well let me see if I can answer your question.

First, there is no passcode for the xbox one like you think of. The management of a "family" is done by an adult (parent) account which has all privileges needed to add and control the other f.e. child accounts of the same family. This includes age restrictions
    and the ability for purchases. So the passcode in that sense are the login credentials of the adult account.

All family settings can be done with this adult account wether on the xbox itself or on the internet on xbox.com

How does this work: well you need to set up a microsoft account for each of the designated family members and assigns them with a gamertag. Then the adult account can add them to a family and set up the wanted restrictions. All family members associated
    with the family can use the digital purchases and even the goldsubscription of the adult (parent) account. But the purchases must be done ith the parent account.

Does this answer it? If not feel free to ask further details.
  5. XBA_Hype Win User

family account restricted

if your sons account is set up on family settings as a child account I believe restrictions will automatically be set to not allow them to play a game that is not for their age group. age ratings on games are there to keep children safe.

if you would like to read up more or learn more about family restrictions and online safety here`s a link - Family & online safety
  6. choppyseize Win User

Problems with privacy settings (I think)

Hello

When you initially set up your account the system uses that age as your official age. While you can change it anytime after the fact. It won't be recognized as your new age in the system. This is to prevent kids from changing their ages to bypass content
    restrictions or settings. You may need to have a family member add you into a family account and make the adjustments for you.
Thema:

1. How do I set up a family members account to ask for a pin for age restricted games? - Similar Threads - set family members

2. Why am I part of an xbox family even though I never had it set up that way or own an xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I part of an xbox family even though I never had it set up that way or own an xbox: My account is the child account in a family with no adult and I can’t figure out how to leave or what to do 9dfb969f-31d3-4fdb-8acc-c54fbda8325c
  3. How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360: Heyy n I've tried almost everything to remove the family setting but it not working out Is the anything I could do to remove or restart the console fb9bf81c-b458-48eb-ad5b-5cf97f944411
  4. How do I change family safety setting on cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change family safety setting on cloud gaming: Cloud family is saying due to my family safety settings I can not play fortnight how do I change the settings d6773136-8ad0-4281-917e-6a2c605629ff
  5. How to remove family settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to remove family settings?: Hi all, I am currently trying to change my Account location/region however it is not letting me due to “Family settings” on my account. I have looked on my account and I was the host of a family,...
  6. Why is reporting in-game voice chat an option for players who opt out of family settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is reporting in-game voice chat an option for players who opt out of family settings?: Xbox needs to be for everyone, I clouding free-speaking adults whose gaming experience is enhanced by free speech, confrontation, dark humor, etc. If I wanted that, I'd be going to the local...
  7. I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings: i am the only member in my family group. I'm in a family group because my game told me Microsoft blocked me out of its own functions. the solution stated in Microsoft is to sign into family...
  8. Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family: When I was trying to play Halo Infinite's Forge Experience, I was met with a prompt multiple times telling me that my privacy settings were preventing me from accessing Forge content. So, after...
  9. Xbox Family Settings appearing out of nowhere

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Family Settings appearing out of nowhere: For reference I am eighteen years old and my Xbox account has never been involved in a family group on Xbox. A few weeks ago now my Xbox account suddenly decided that I was in a family group and...
  10. Family Safety NOTIFICATION Settings... why can I not find a way to change them online?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family Safety NOTIFICATION Settings... why can I not find a way to change them online?: I have tried several "ask community threads" online and none of them have the solution. I have also contacted Microsoft through the phone and online chat to only get told the same thing as the...