How do I rollback an Xbox One / Series X Controller firmware without a Console / on my PC?

Discus and support How do I rollback an Xbox One / Series X Controller firmware without a Console / on my PC? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The latest firmware update from the Xbox Accessories App broke my controllers ability to connect through Bluetooth. Microsoft has eliminated the option... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bisonfan95, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Bisonfan95
    Bisonfan95 Guest

How do I rollback an Xbox One / Series X Controller firmware without a Console / on my PC?

The latest firmware update from the Xbox Accessories App broke my controllers ability to connect through Bluetooth. Microsoft has eliminated the option to rollback the firmware in the controller in the very same app that broke the controller: Xbox Accessories App, therefore the instructions that are listed in the official support website are not working anymore: My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support . Is there any way available to rollback this broken update on PC???

:)

Bisonfan95, Aug 17, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I'm sorry but it's only possible on Laptop/PC, or Xbox console.

Here you go: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Bisonfan95 Win User

The 20th anniversary controller is relatively recent so I really doubt it falls under that category. That App is cursed and it has broken my controller with the firmware update. At least Games for Windows Live didn't break controllers. I hope Microsoft Updates it. Until then, is there any way to fix what Microsoft has done to my controller?
  4. Bisonfan95 Win User

The controller is able to be connected with my smartphone, but it won't connect to the PC. I insist on the fact that this is happening since I updated the firmware.
  5. Francia J. Win User

That will be our only way but to isolate the issue further, have you tried to connect the controller on a different device such as a mobile device or a laptop to check if the same issue will occur?
  6. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Yes, I have tested it before. Maybe 1 or 2 months ago. Unfortunately, I can’t test it out now since I will be away from home.

Also, it’s odd because this feature is an updated feature because before there is no option to rollback an Xbox controller update. Also, according to the support site “Some older model controllers may not see the option to revert the firmware.”
Thema:

1. How do I rollback an Xbox One / Series X Controller firmware without a Console / on my PC? - Similar Threads - rollback Series Controller

2. Problems with FW rollback on Elite Series 2

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with FW rollback on Elite Series 2: My Elite Series 2 Firmware is currently 5.17.3202.0. I want to connect the controller to my Nintendo Switch using Mission Control. Since FW 5.xx and up use Bluetooth LE i need to revert to an...
  3. Windows 10 rollback broke my Xbox app / Gaming Services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 rollback broke my Xbox app / Gaming Services: Hello, Recently I woke up to my computer updating to windows 11 which I was totally fine with. Once the update was finished I looked around and decided I wanted to roll back to windows 10 as I...
  4. Rollback the Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Rollback the Xbox app?: Does anyone know of a way to rollback the xbox app? The new UI is atrocious and confusiing and does not work 7859ac40-d0e6-43cc-9590-5352468fec96
  5. Xbox one controller FIRMWARE ROLLBACK

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one controller FIRMWARE ROLLBACK: I am trying to connect my xbox one controller to my PC (Win 10) via a bluetooth adapter (8Bitdo USB Adapter 2). It is not working for now. I updated the software of my adapter to the latest...
  6. How to rollback gamepad firmware in win 10?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to rollback gamepad firmware in win 10?: Hello! In the app for windows 10, Xbox accessories, there is no way to roll back the firmware of the connected gamepad. I recently updated the firmware of the gamepad and now in some games it does...
  7. Unable to download/update GamePass games since Windows 11 rollback

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to download/update GamePass games since Windows 11 rollback: After upgrading and quickly rolling back from Windows 11 I can no longer download or update games I have owned in the past if they live on Drive D:. I keep getting Error 0x800701b1 for anything on...
  8. How to rollback elite wireless 2 firmware on PC

in XboX Insiders
    How to rollback elite wireless 2 firmware on PC: Had issues with latest firmware so needed to revert to older one, I tried this on windows 11 but I think it works all across. Open xbox accessories app (or maybe you don't need to, I had it open...
  9. Elite Series 2 Not Working Properly Following Firmware Update and Rollback

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Not Working Properly Following Firmware Update and Rollback: Hi, I recently updated my Elite Series 2 firmware on my Xbox and it seems to have broken the controller. What ends up happening is pressing the guide button shuts the controller off completely,...
  10. Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL...: So I recently got this problem where I updated controller and it was no longer working on pc(was not showing up as input device). I searched and read a lot of forums but there was no solution...