How do I revert a digital game refund when it has been processed?

Discus and support How do I revert a digital game refund when it has been processed? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently purchased Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate and requested a refund. The refund was quickly processed but I want to revert it. I have already emailed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Crystalblues63, Nov 18, 2022.

1. How do I revert a digital game refund when it has been processed?

I recently purchased Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate and requested a refund. The refund was quickly processed but I want to revert it. I have already emailed back to the confirmation emails and did not get a response. Is there any other way that the purchase can be reverted?

:)

Crystalblues63, Nov 18, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Crystalblues63 , I'm sorry but unfortunately it is not possible to reverse a refund request, friend.

If accepted, you can buy again after that.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

I don't believe so, no as the refund process is an automated process. You will just have to wait for the refund to appear in your account then re-purchase it.

I guess you could try contacting Xbox support to see if they can stop it
  4. s33r Win User

Microsoft store

My understanding is that refunds take take up to 5 working days to process...if it's only been a couple of working days, then I'd be waiting till the middle to end of next week to see if it appears
    Yeah okay, but I’m just wondering why I can’t even play it. And why I have to buy it again.

If a refunded has been given albeit taking up to 5 working days to arrive, then the license for that game will likely have been removed from your account as part of the refund process. This will likely be why it's asking you to buy it again.

Yeah that would make sense. But I should be able to play the game up until the refund gets accepted shouldn’t I?

Technically the refund has already been processed if the ability to play that game has been removed, least that's what I'm assuming here. The five working day processing time is due to banks and the time it takes for funds to transfer which is outside Microsoft's control. If you want to be sure you can always chat with a Microsoft Support agent - Xbox Support - who may be able to advise on the status of the refund.

It would be normal, to me, to lose access to a digitally bought game at the point the refund has been accepted and processed rather than at the point where the funds are transferred as there's no way for Microsoft to know when, precisely, the funds have been deposited.
  5. SammyVS Win User

Name Change

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Yes, when you want to use a gamertag that is already in use these digits are assigned to your gamertag. It is not possible to revert or claim a refund, to change again you will have to pay.
  6. KubaKut Win User

How to get back product when refund process has been canceled

I forgot to say its virtual money on game Roblox (i bought 1700 virtual money for 19.99$) . Its free game. Seller can't get my product back beacuse, XBOX is another type of purchase. I do a MASSIVE conversation. But, let's start from the begging. I wanted
    to check my balance. I wanted to click CANCEL button (i was in purchase window) and by accident i clicked BUY button. In panic i turned off my console. (I had my mother's credit card entered.) 6 Hours later i get confirmation of purchase and then i get my
    product. I checked what i do in this situation (on microsoft help) and it was written that I should be contacted with seller to get my Refund. Of course they send refund request to Billing Center. But after thinking, I wanted to get it back (I don't know why).
    They cancelled my refund request and I was left alone in this situation. and they wrote to me that i have 4400 currency to spend, But i don't have it. What i should do?
Thema:

1. How do I revert a digital game refund when it has been processed? - Similar Threads - revert digital game

2. How do i revert to the old version of Minesweeper?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i revert to the old version of Minesweeper?: I downloaded the new version, but i hate it. I want to revert it back. How do i do it? And no, i don't wanna hear "OoH iTs SoO gOoD" . I wanna revert to the windows 8 version with the adventure...
  3. Anyone else having their 4k setting revert back to 1080p?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having their 4k setting revert back to 1080p?: First noticed on Prime when it said my hdmi connection was bad. Checked settings and picture was at 1080. Checking and un checking the 4k fixed it, has happened twice so far. submitted by...
  4. My gamer tag has reverted back to a very old account that I don’t use

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamer tag has reverted back to a very old account that I don’t use: My Xbox account has reverted back to a very old gamer tag and can not get any one from Xbox or sort it out. Never buying another Xbox terrible support 95d20364-8e99-4d5b-a299-55587a0f3b31
  5. Need fix for “Sorry, this controller can’t be reverted.”

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need fix for “Sorry, this controller can’t be reverted.”: Ordered an Xbox controller to use with my Tesla. Attempted to update the firmware which was apparently the wrong direction (the older versions allow for Bluetooth Classic; not BLE aka Bluetooth...
  6. Can I revert my Minecraft ign back to what it was since I wasn't the one who changed it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I revert my Minecraft ign back to what it was since I wasn't the one who changed it?: My friend thought it would be funny to change my IGN on minecraft to "tequillas" whilst i was sleeping. Although it was light hearted I did NOT want this change and I was wondering if it could be...
  7. Can anyone help me with reverting my xbox accounts permanent suspension?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can anyone help me with reverting my xbox accounts permanent suspension?: Hi all, i have recieved a permanent suspension on an account that i have had for around 7 years and i have no idea why. The thing is i did absolutely nothing wrong and after all this time and...
  8. i acciedentlly changed my name in java profile i wanted to revert it now please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i acciedentlly changed my name in java profile i wanted to revert it now please: i acciedentlly changed my name in java profile i wanted to revert it now please 2a2ab6f3-ca71-4101-bcd7-afd4342268dd
  9. My skin keeps reverting to the default "steve" skin

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My skin keeps reverting to the default "steve" skin: I can't figure out how to fix this, I've gone into the skin settings multiple times, tried looking it up online, and nothing I can find works. A few times restarting the game or even restarting my...
  10. Does Xbox support revert to previous gamertag and charge again if changing another gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does Xbox support revert to previous gamertag and charge again if changing another gamertag?: Is it possible if I get refunded for asking Xbox support about reverting gamertag to previous and change to other one for free? 0a33d492-3da4-4bcd-ba10-38f73a3b3efd