How do I restrict guest accounts? Same issue as years ago that never got answered

Discus and support How do I restrict guest accounts? Same issue as years ago that never got answered in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; This is pretty much copied from a question asked twice back in 2017-18. There was never a response and now in 2023 I'm having this problem. Please tell... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by happymomma09, Feb 2, 2023.

1. happymomma09
    happymomma09 Guest

How do I restrict guest accounts? Same issue as years ago that never got answered

This is pretty much copied from a question asked twice back in 2017-18. There was never a response and now in 2023 I'm having this problem. Please tell me Microsoft has figured this out by now.

"I would like to set up restrictions on creating guest accounts on the Xbox.

I have noticed that kids can get around Microsoft family safety/time restrictions on their screen time by creating guest accounts. What is the purpose of Microsoft Family time restrictions if there are so many ways to get around it, and most kids have already figured out how to do this!

Once a child has access to his acount, he can create guest accounts and let a friend/sibling game with him. What is the purpose of these guest accounts and why cant parents restrict the creating of these accounts? Instead why can't the sibling/friend sign into their account at the same time?

This is ability to easily work around restrictions is unacceptable and not family friendly at all!

Thank you in advance for any suggestions. And like I said I really hope there has been a fix to this by now after all these years.

:)

happymomma09, Feb 2, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello , sorry to hear you're having trouble with the console.

Please go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Access restrictions and uncheck the box that allows the ability to make new profiles on the console. This can only be controlled by you so once done sign out of your account and require a password or guest key to log back in.

https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf...
  3. JamesMcLamb Win User

"Lego Star wars complete saga"

I have the same issue. To answer my account and physical locale are not the same. I moved to a new country 10 years ago. Never had an issue before with purchases and especially free ones.
  4. Gooseboy73 Win User

Family Safety

Hi there and thanks for the response.

The issue is not restricting access to games, I know how to do that. Instead there are currently games they can access without signing in to their account, they are effectively playing as a guest. Hence, I cannot restrict them as the ability to restrict is linked to their user name.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Child has bypassed parental controls

Hi Chevaunw, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

I'm afraid that will not be possible. If there is only one person signed in to the console, the guest account has the same privacy settings as the host.

If there are multiple household members signed in, the guest account has the same privacy and online safety settings as the family member with the most restrictive settings. For example, if a child is signed in, the guest is restricted by the child's settings.

Also, as soon as either the host or the guest signs out, the guest account is removed from the console. If your guest anticipates playing on this console in the future, we recommend that they create a Microsoft account and Gamertag on the console. The world that he created may be removed as well. For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Problems accessing guest (1)

If there is only one person signed in to the console, the guest account has the same privacy settings as that host.

If there are multiple household members signed in, the guest account has the same privacy and online safety settings as the family member with the most restrictive settings. For example, if a child is signed in, the guest is restricted by the child's settings.

As soon as either the host or the guest signs out, the guest account is removed from the console. If your guest anticipates playing on this console in the future, we recommend that they create a Microsoft account and gamertag on the console.

For more info:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/use-guest-account
Thema:

1. How do I restrict guest accounts? Same issue as years ago that never got answered - Similar Threads - restrict guest accounts

2. Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?: So I have just tried going on to my Rewards app and a notification came up stating: 'Your Microsoft Rewards account isn't following the rules you agreed to when you joined the programme. Review...
  3. I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.: Hello I sent payment for Powerwash DLC to my friend so that he would send dlc as gift codes to me. But, they don't work due to geo restriction. Can you help me redeem this codes for my account:...
  4. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  5. How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way?: Hi, I just received a Second-hand Xbox from my friend (Xbox one s) and they had removed the accounts for me but on the Xbox they left the access restrictions where they restricted the ability to...
  6. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%: 1. Teredo adapter: Typ : enterpriseclient (Group Policy) Servername : win10.ipv6.microsoft.com Clientaktual.-intervall : 30 Sekunden Clientport : unspecified (Group Policy) Status : qualified...
  8. Age restrictions on computer

in XBoX on Windows
    Age restrictions on computer: I keep getting age restrictions on x box from games i have previously played it but nether or my parents set the age restriction and it is stopping me from playing my games...
  9. What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...: Hello Community, Dec 19th, my son's account was stolen using software that bypassed Microsoft security protocols. This was immediately reported to Microsoft via multiple avenues (live chat, and...
  10. How to restrict creation of guest account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to restrict creation of guest account: Hello, I would like to set up restrictions on creating guest accounts on the Xbox one account/console. I have noticed that kids can get around Microsoft family safety/time restrictions on their...