How do I reset the maps on my controller when I have one controller.

Discus and support How do I reset the maps on my controller when I have one controller. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my left bumper is shot and I won't get a used controller from my friend until Tuesday. So I did a stupid thing when in a party with friends and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by wisewolfgirl593, Jul 24, 2023.

  1. How do I reset the maps on my controller when I have one controller.


    So my left bumper is shot and I won't get a used controller from my friend until Tuesday. So I did a stupid thing when in a party with friends and mistakenly set the map for the a button to replace left bumper so now I can't do anything. I have one controller and I don't know how to fix it can't open any games or anything without a button now.

    What do I do?

    :)
     
    wisewolfgirl593, Jul 24, 2023
    #1
  2. Ronnieee Win User

    How do I reset the maps on my controller when I have one controller.

    Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

    Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

    I understand you need help with your controller button mapping.

    If I may ask, is this on your Xbox console or are you using this on PC?

    What type of controller do you have?

    If you are on the Xbox system, you can check this from the accessories app and configure your controller from there.

    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

    Go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.

    When the Xbox Accessories app launches, select Configure under the accessory that you want to adjust. Check if you can adjust them there.

    For PC,

    You may download the Xbox accessories app from the MS store app and configure your controller there.
  3. hammersaber Win User

    Xbox one controller not responding while connected and on

    Unfortunately this is not the case, I do not tamper with the mapping settings and both controllers are up to date with their firmware. I do not know the cause of this as the controller at one point just stops taking in inputs and turning the controller
    off and on do not do anything. I have to reset my xbox for it to work and i feel i shouldnt have to be doing that for it to work.
  4. The Viral Cyrix Win User

    How do I reset the XBOX One Controller?

    You would need a second controller so you can change the button mapping back to default on the controller you messed up. That is the only way I have found
  5. SUPERSOAKERx69 Win User

    How do I reset the XBOX One Controller?

    If you have computer access this is the way I found easiest for me to fix mine when I messed mine up. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-remap-xbox-one-controller-buttons-windows-10
  6. MASTER BOSS 077 Win User

    Xbox one controller Bluetooth interference with Bluetooth headset on iPad Pro

Thema:

How do I reset the maps on my controller when I have one controller.

Loading...
  1. How do I reset the maps on my controller when I have one controller. - Similar Threads - reset maps controller

  2. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  3. Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs

    in XboX Insiders
    Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs: Look at the handheld market right now. On one side, you have $600–$900+ handheld PCs (ROG Ally, Legion Go, Steam Deck OLED) running desktop OS bloat, requiring constant setting tweaks, and...
  4. My Xbox randomly resets it’s self when I’m playing games and listening to Spotify please...

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox randomly resets it’s self when I’m playing games and listening to Spotify please...: help submitted by /u/Chips12345678910 [link] [comments]
  5. Delta to Omega and back again, reset questions.

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta to Omega and back again, reset questions.: I recently got bumped down to the omega tier from the delta. I want to go back. It's an option but it warns me that in switching I might have to do a factory reset. It says that won't affect my...
  6. Updating the filter to reset to its original option after you choose an option in the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Updating the filter to reset to its original option after you choose an option in the...: I say it should reset to the original option it had from the start, instead of keeping it to the options you selected. What I mean by this is you go to your achievements, filter, and it shows all...
  7. After resetting my console (Series X) I'm unable to progress through setup and console hangs.

    in XboX Insiders
    After resetting my console (Series X) I'm unable to progress through setup and console hangs.: Basically what the title says, this happened because I was trying to go through steps to fix crashing on 2XKO... In what should be a simple process has now turned into a nightmare, any...
  8. How do you reset the mapping on a Xbox controller

    in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you reset the mapping on a Xbox controller: I accidentally messed up the mapping on my controller and I tried everything all I need is to reset the controller mapping 679e7bca-0568-4aec-a774-dc86b802038c
  9. How to reset ATC screen like the map screen so I can resize and move to a second screen

    in XBoX on Windows
    How to reset ATC screen like the map screen so I can resize and move to a second screen: Hi all, I accidentally pressed something and now my ATC screen is stuck at the top left of the main screen and I can not move to the 2nd monitor. Before this happened, the ATC screen is like the...
  10. Purchased 15 Dynamite Belt, 15 Pickaxe Belt & 15 Map Tube. Game Crashed & Reset 2 of each.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased 15 Dynamite Belt, 15 Pickaxe Belt & 15 Map Tube. Game Crashed & Reset 2 of each.: Played the game MS Treasure Hunt for a while and got up to Level 18 at one time. Other times I went past Level 15, many time past level 10 & numerous times past level 5. I had been able to...