How do I "reset" the Capture destination for the Xbox Game Bar?

Discus and support How do I "reset" the Capture destination for the Xbox Game Bar? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new external hard drive, and I wanted to change the location where the Xbox Game Bar's captures would save to my new hard drive.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CptnKraken, Dec 5, 2022.

1. CptnKraken
    CptnKraken Guest

I recently purchased a new external hard drive, and I wanted to change the location where the Xbox Game Bar's captures would save to my new hard drive. The only way to do this is to re-locate the actual folder (since Microsoft does not let you simply pick a new folder.)

The only problem is, I accidentally changed the save location to the root folder of my new hard drive (EHow do I "reset" the Capture destination for the Xbox Game Bar? :) instead of a sub folder - so now it just puts all the captures in the root folder of my hard drive and I cannot "re-locate" the root folder of my hard drive.

Does anyone know how to reset the capture folder, or what I should do at this point?

How do I "reset" the Capture destination for the Xbox Game Bar? [​IMG]

:)

CptnKraken, Dec 5, 2022
  2. CptnKraken Win User

Thank you SO much! This worked perfectly!!! <3
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this

I found a similar thread that could help you.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

There the purpose is use the default location, but you can try to revert the changes and select the desired sub-folder (or change it to the desired sub-folder)

Give it a try and let me know how it goes
  4. ViktorStojq Win User

My Xbox Game Bar won't open

The reason why I cannot do this is because my xBox Games Bar won't even open. Yes, I'm well aware that I could deinstall my captures but I cannot open the Game Bar when I'm playing a game. That is my question, how to fix that?
  5. ClausReich Win User

My recordings won't show up (Game Bar)

Hello ZyraAngeles! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

Let's try to reset your Xbox Game Bar in the attempt of fixing this issue, given that you can record, but it simply won't list your Captures. Follow these steps:

1. Open Settings (Windows 10 app).

2. Go to Applications.

3. On that list, select the Xbox Game Bar, and then select Advanced Options.

4. Go to Reset, and then press the Reset button.

5. Restart your PC.

6. Check if the Game Bar is now listing your captures correctly.
  6. HilbilyRunAmok Win User

Fortnite game clips not recording with xbox game bar.

Same problem. I can clip other games, but Fortnite only capturing a still not video. Audi is there, a still capture, but no video. I've repaired and reset game bar, still doesn't work.
Thema:

1. How do I "reset" the Capture destination for the Xbox Game Bar? - Similar Threads - reset Capture destination

2. I want to reset my home xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to reset my home xbox: My little brother used all my home xbox And I want to reset it f4ade0cc-a871-44e9-a472-9517485d13d0
  3. Hall of Champions Reset, Why doesn’t it reset?

in XboX Insiders
    Hall of Champions Reset, Why doesn’t it reset?: Am I missing something or are others experiencing this I’m being told to reset my rank as I’m past 17 but it’s not coming up to let me reset Thanks submitted by /u/SoftwareJolly4159 [link]...
  4. Nothing installs. Console has been reset twice.

in XBoX on Windows
    Nothing installs. Console has been reset twice.: No apps will install. Console has been reset twice and cache cleared three separate times. 1a4dc5b2-6bb4-4506-b8c3-c5afd67b2a47
  5. Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.: My Xbox one has suddenly stopped working. it just loads to a grey screen and then shows me the option to troubleshoot. I have tried every method and it is still not working or even factory...
  6. I need to reset my xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    I need to reset my xbox 360: how do I reset my xbox 360e db3e485b-df3a-44f1-a408-d3cfb5ad099c
  7. Cant factory reset to fix update error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant factory reset to fix update error: Xbox crashed and isn’t working, soft reset and didn't help then now am stuck on an update at 58% and the troubleshooting menu doesn't work per say I press the option to factory reset without and...
  8. My xbox won't connect to my Internet but it will on my phone and I don't want to reset the xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't connect to my Internet but it will on my phone and I don't want to reset the xbox: I'm trying to contact my xbox in a different house and It won't work I have tried most of the things it says to do and it works on all my other devices and I don't want to have to reset the xbox...
  9. Hi all I have tried the hard reset but it does not seem to work what can I do next ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi all I have tried the hard reset but it does not seem to work what can I do next ?: Having the same problem on xbox one s tried the hard reset but it does not work , what can I do next please ? 266ff8cb-3690-4824-b65f-2dbc96453265
  10. Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!: Help! My games (gamepass & subscribed) were working earlier, then I tried playing this afternoon, and I was getting an error. So I tried removing all accounts, and try login in afterwards, and it...