How do I remove unneeded video files from Age of Empires IV (4) PC

Discus and support How do I remove unneeded video files from Age of Empires IV (4) PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have it installed through the Windows Store/PC Xbox App So I just saved 30+ gb of space on my SSD by removing the 4k Video Addon. In File Path... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Puns4Dayz, Dec 29, 2021.

  1. Puns4Dayz
    Puns4Dayz Guest

    How do I remove unneeded video files from Age of Empires IV (4) PC


    I have it installed through the Windows Store/PC Xbox App

    So I just saved 30+ gb of space on my SSD by removing the 4k Video Addon.

    In File Path

    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Cardinal_5.0.9369.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\cardinal\movies\source\campaign

    I see 6 separate language folders, each around 6gb in size. I only need the English ones so I don't really see the need for the wasted storage space, bandwidth, server use, electricity, etc to force each user to download 8 other copies of the same cut scenes.

    When I try to delete the files or folders, even as Administrator it says 'try again'

    Any ideas or Dev feedback?

    :)
     
    Puns4Dayz, Dec 29, 2021
    #1
  2. Farscape247 Win User

    How do I remove unneeded video files from Age of Empires IV (4) PC

    messing with the windowsapp folder and its contents can break the xbox app games due to the encryption, you would then have to redownload everything if this were to happen. they are locked away for a reason as its microsofts DRM control.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

    How do I remove unneeded video files from Age of Empires IV (4) PC

    Hi,

    In a nutshell, you can't. Any game installed to the WindowsApps folder will be encrypted and protected. They will remain this way even if you assign the folder permissions to yourself.

    The Steam version would likely let you do it - but then it probably won't have all the languages install anyway.
  4. Francia J. Win User

    I want to install a game WITHOUT the DLC but i don't see this option in the microsoft store

    On Xbox App, the base game file size is 86.21GB while the free Age of Empires IV: 4K HDR Video Pack is 132.44GB.
  5. 油腔滑调 Win User

    I need to contact the Enforcement Team to help me remove achievements.

    GRAND THEFT AUTO 4 (PC) Age Of Empires Online(PC)
  6. KhajiBower34 Win User

    Age of Empires 4 Crashes on startup

    Hello Gzas, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

    I'm sorry you're having problems with Age of Empires 4.

    Check the integrity of game files: Corruption of game files is one of the common causes of game crashing issue. If some important game files are missing or corrupted, the game may crash

    Update your graphics driver: The graphics driver is essential for the operation of video games. If Age of Empires 4 keeps crashing on your PC, you probably have a corrupt or outdated graphics driver on your PC. Therefore, you should update your drivers to see if that fixes the game crashing issues.

    Install the latest game patch: Game developers regularly release game patches to improve game stability and fix bugs encountered by players

    Disable overlays: Overlays can sometimes interfere with gameplay and even crash game files, which can cause the game to crash.

    Temporarily disable antivirus software: Some antivirus programs may prevent the game from launching or may quarantine critical game files during download

    Repair corrupt system files: Some corrupt system files can cause problems with games

    Perform a clean boot: This can remove any data that may be interfering with the operation of the game

    Repair the game through app settings: Go to Windows Settings, select Apps & Features, find Age of Empires 4 in the list of apps, select Advanced Options, and then click Repair

    I hope that these points that I leave you below are of very good help dear!

    Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
Thema:

How do I remove unneeded video files from Age of Empires IV (4) PC

Loading...
  1. How do I remove unneeded video files from Age of Empires IV (4) PC - Similar Threads - remove unneeded video

  2. MODs 'Not against the rules, but DONT SAY ANYTHING' REMOVED.

    in XboX Insiders
    MODs 'Not against the rules, but DONT SAY ANYTHING' REMOVED.: xboxinsiders-ModTeam MOD•1h ago• While it is not against the rules to talk about system update Preview Rings, we try to make clear the eligibility requirements for each ring. Please see if this...
  3. If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?

    in XboX Insiders
    If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?: Currently in the ASA ring and I have a One X that's giving me more and more issues every day. Wanted to put it back on the public build and see if that clears up anything. Won't be getting my 25th...
  4. Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...: In the Insider App, I only have access to Delta and Omega features, no beta or others versions on my Series X console, now I know my reviews are not always good, but I never wrote anything under...
  5. How to remove Xbox Dev Mode get back in Insider Ring?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to remove Xbox Dev Mode get back in Insider Ring?: Hey folks, I've been part of the Alpha Ring at the time but left when I enrolled for Xbox Dev Mode... but I would like to get back in the preview flights, what is the best way to "opt out" of Dev...
  6. Remove from list (Home Screen XSX)

    in XboX Insiders
    Remove from list (Home Screen XSX): Hello, another welcome brilliant update. Unfortunately i ran into a roadblock. It seems when you remove something from the home screen using the new remove from list option it actually uninstalls...
  7. [ Removed by Reddit ]

    in XboX Insiders
    [ Removed by Reddit ]: [ Removed by Reddit on account of violating the content policy. ] submitted by /u/Thuglifegunn [link] [comments]
  8. [ Removed by Reddit ]

    in XboX Insiders
    [ Removed by Reddit ]: [ Removed by Reddit on account of violating the content policy. ] submitted by /u/Thuglifegunn [link] [comments]
  9. [ Removed by Reddit ]

    in XboX Insiders
    [ Removed by Reddit ]: [ Removed by Reddit on account of violating the content policy. ] submitted by /u/Thuglifegunn [link] [comments]
  10. Achievements Badge has removed all others besides my Tenure Badge.

    in XboX Insiders
    Achievements Badge has removed all others besides my Tenure Badge.: I noticed that with the addition of the new achievement badge I've lost almost all of my other ones. In my opinion, it's not worth it considering my gamerscore is literally visible on the exact...