How do I remove the automatically generated gamertag?

Discus and support How do I remove the automatically generated gamertag? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I created an email address a few years ago which I now use for pretty much everything. However, it has a randomly generated gamertag which I do not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by tickedytac, May 1, 2020.

  1. tickedytac
    tickedytac Guest

    How do I remove the automatically generated gamertag?


    I created an email address a few years ago which I now use for pretty much everything. However, it has a randomly generated gamertag which I do not want. I have a gamertag associated with another email account which I want to use. How do I get rid of the
    random tag, so that I can transfer that email address to my own gamertag?

    :)
     
    tickedytac, May 1, 2020
    #1
  2. Xenkuru Win User

    How do I remove the automatically generated gamertag?

  3. tickedytac Win User

    How do I remove the automatically generated gamertag?

    Thank you, I guess I will have to give this a try then :)
  4. tickedytac Win User

    How do I remove the automatically generated gamertag?

    Ok so the solution that I want, isnt actually possible?
  5. tickedytac Win User

    How do I remove the automatically generated gamertag?

    Yeah, the problem is that the email i want to use has been randomly assigned a gamertag of its own lol. Thank you for taking the time to reply!
  6. Xenkuru Win User

    How do I remove the automatically generated gamertag?

    Sadly there is no option available to transfer a gamertag to another account, but there is a way you can get the gamertag you want.

    1. (You will have to pay if you already used the free gamertag change) Change the gamertag of the account with the old email to something else (So the gamertag can be available)

    2. Use the free gamertag change on the account with the randomly generated gamertag
Thema:

How do I remove the automatically generated gamertag?

Loading...
  1. How do I remove the automatically generated gamertag? - Similar Threads - remove automatically generated

  2. MODs 'Not against the rules, but DONT SAY ANYTHING' REMOVED.

    in XboX Insiders
    MODs 'Not against the rules, but DONT SAY ANYTHING' REMOVED.: xboxinsiders-ModTeam MOD•1h ago• While it is not against the rules to talk about system update Preview Rings, we try to make clear the eligibility requirements for each ring. Please see if this...
  3. If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?

    in XboX Insiders
    If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?: Currently in the ASA ring and I have a One X that's giving me more and more issues every day. Wanted to put it back on the public build and see if that clears up anything. Won't be getting my 25th...
  4. Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...: In the Insider App, I only have access to Delta and Omega features, no beta or others versions on my Series X console, now I know my reviews are not always good, but I never wrote anything under...
  5. How to remove Xbox Dev Mode get back in Insider Ring?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to remove Xbox Dev Mode get back in Insider Ring?: Hey folks, I've been part of the Alpha Ring at the time but left when I enrolled for Xbox Dev Mode... but I would like to get back in the preview flights, what is the best way to "opt out" of Dev...
  6. Remove from list (Home Screen XSX)

    in XboX Insiders
    Remove from list (Home Screen XSX): Hello, another welcome brilliant update. Unfortunately i ran into a roadblock. It seems when you remove something from the home screen using the new remove from list option it actually uninstalls...
  7. [ Removed by Reddit ]

    in XboX Insiders
    [ Removed by Reddit ]: [ Removed by Reddit on account of violating the content policy. ] submitted by /u/Thuglifegunn [link] [comments]
  8. [ Removed by Reddit ]

    in XboX Insiders
    [ Removed by Reddit ]: [ Removed by Reddit on account of violating the content policy. ] submitted by /u/Thuglifegunn [link] [comments]
  9. [ Removed by Reddit ]

    in XboX Insiders
    [ Removed by Reddit ]: [ Removed by Reddit on account of violating the content policy. ] submitted by /u/Thuglifegunn [link] [comments]
  10. Does removing a family member automatically remove the payment connected to it?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Does removing a family member automatically remove the payment connected to it?: Does removing a family member automatically remove the payment connected to it? (He recently turned 18 and is wanting to control his own account) i dont want my card on his account....