How do I remove or turn off Microsoft family

Discus and support How do I remove or turn off Microsoft family in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Microsoft family is a pain in the butt how do I shut it off or remove it 8f016fd1-948d-4704-9bda-990f6d44ed83 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Silas Kelly, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Silas Kelly
    Silas Kelly Guest

Microsoft family is a pain in the butt how do I shut it off or remove it

:)

Silas Kelly, Nov 13, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Silas

If you are an adult / your account is an adult account you can always leave the family group

All you need to do is sign in with your account here:

https://account.microsoft.com/family/home > click on the little three dots next to "You" > select Leave family group

-----

If you're not able to do that, unfortunately you need to ask to the family organizer this favor
  3. DeftCanine66 Win User

family security settings

how do I turn off family settings?
  4. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Check your apps

this is in the MSN video app. Okay so i can have family settings turned off with an adult account and they are blocked yet on my 5 year old sons app with family settings on and i remove all restrictions i can watch them. How Odd????
  5. jaspertodd Win User

How do I turn this off?

Hmmmm? I been on my 360 every day for like 2 weeks playing Borderlands2 and haven't had this happen. I didn't even know they did something like this, pretty good idea thow cause man I start playing a good game and before u know it , it's been 6,7 hrs later
    and I'm like holy crap were did the time go.? But I could definitely see this getting to be a pain while trying to play a game, especially if ur playing multi player. ?.
  6. Snowcrash890 Win User

How do I turn this off?

I think it was actually a TV mode doing this...
Thema:

1. How do I remove or turn off Microsoft family - Similar Threads - remove turn off

2. Friends in Games removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends in Games removed?: Looks like there was a system update and now when i go to People and then Friends, the option to show Friends in Games is gone. Why would this be removed? Now i see Happening Now was added right...
  3. "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.

in XboX Insiders
    "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.: As the title States, this update has replaced friends in games with happening now. it is a completely unnecessary update imo. It just seems like the friends in games option was really all that was...
  4. Smwutches disrespectful keeps removing my posts

in XBoX on Windows
    Smwutches disrespectful keeps removing my posts: Smwutches keeps removing my post as this person has been harassing me. Would like to know who do I talk to about them. I will keep reposting until I have an answer. I'd like to speak to an admin....
  5. How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360?: I've been trying for 2 days to remove a family passcode from a used system with no luck (I'm unable to play Dead or Alive). I tried by myself on 4-10-2024 and today (4-11-2024) for an hour with...
  6. Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?: Im playing Grand Theft Auto and some guy joins the group chat party with a swastika as his gamertag. He said he’s been reported tons of times and nothing has happened to him. Is there tags...
  7. Contorller's warranty was removed after repairs

in XBoX on Windows
    Contorller's warranty was removed after repairs: Hello. My Xbox Elite 2 Controller was on 2-year warranty until the middle of 2025. Recently I had some issues with it and had sent it for repairs. During the service the controller was removed...
  8. Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote

in XboX Insiders
    Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote: I was an insider. I have been on and off over 6 or 7 years. I joined last around the time the new dashboard was released to the public. I noticed a new setting that would allow you to control your...
  9. Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console

in XboX Insiders
    Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console: Hi lads, I bought an Xbox yesterday from a friend as they never used the console. I signed into my account and downloaded the games I wanted and that was fine. However once I turned it off and...
  10. Are games being turned off for Xbox one? As I can’t play the disc once the game is removed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are games being turned off for Xbox one? As I can’t play the disc once the game is removed...: Once games are removed from the Xbox store I can’t play them even with the disc it’s not recognised. I can no longer play forza 7 or gta 5? 94ed04c4-94af-4627-860a-5b58d444190b