How do I remove my second gamertag?

Discus and support How do I remove my second gamertag? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I recently changed my gamertag, but for some reason in both parties and on my profile it shows my old tag on top and my new one underneath it, how... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Eo Atterlee, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Eo Atterlee
    Eo Atterlee Guest

So I recently changed my gamertag, but for some reason in both parties and on my profile it shows my old tag on top and my new one underneath it, how can I change this so it just shows my new name?

:)

Eo Atterlee, Feb 6, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

3. Rostom L Win User

Hi EO! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

I believe you just had the free gamertag change, correct? If so, that is common to other players who used the free gamertag change. We have two gamertags on the account - the new gamertag system and the old gamertag system.

The old is mostly used in 360 games and other games that don't support the new gamertag system.

To fully change your account gamertag, you may have to get a paid gamertag change, that will let you choose to customize your old gamertag. You can try to check that on https://social.xbox.com/ChangeGamerTag

Learn more about Xbox Gamertag FAQ here: https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/p...
  4. Eo Atterlee Win User

Actually, the change was a paid one, I’ve already used the free one in the past. Does this mean I would have to pay again for the full change?
  5. Eo Atterlee Win User

This worked, Thankyou for your effort
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox Live Problem

Thema:

1. How do I remove my second gamertag? - Similar Threads - remove second gamertag

2. How to remove black dust marks from Series S

in XboX Insiders
    How to remove black dust marks from Series S: So I am cleaning my series S a few minutes ago and there's like a black dust smudge that I can't seem remove. God knows where it came from. I tried cleaning it off with wet wipes and alcohol and...
  3. how do i remove a edge virus

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i remove a edge virus: pretty much everytime i click on something on my xbox’s microsoft edge i get taken to a tab called nossairt or waisheph which shows me some sort of add and makes it impossible to use the edge...
  4. How to Remove an Account From a Non-Working Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    How to Remove an Account From a Non-Working Xbox?: So I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon it worked the First Day I managed to make an account and download some free games but the next day it wouldn’t connect so I’m going to return it but...
  5. Ban [mod removed] he said he was gonna kill me irl and cussing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ban [mod removed] he said he was gonna kill me irl and cussing: Ban [mod removed] he is cussing and talking about killing 6ca2dd2b-697f-46ad-b968-8bc8e2ec7283
  6. Removing an item from the xbox store

in XBoX Accessibility
    Removing an item from the xbox store: I work with a partner who developed an item they are selling on the xbox store. They have since closed their company and wish to remove the item from the store. Unfortunately they no longer have...
  7. [mod removed] bad him for cheating in the game and laugua at people

in XBoX on Consoles
    [mod removed] bad him for cheating in the game and laugua at people: [mod removed] bad him for cheating in the game and laugua at people ea0a06d0-3ab1-4ba8-a976-9ff1bd8985e7
  8. [Mod removed]

in XBoX on Windows
    [Mod removed]: the service sent my Xbox to the wrong address. Ups tracking number [mod removed] Do I have to search?? This is very infuriating. aa44f982-f834-4eb0-bcec-95dd95d0ba5b
  9. How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360: Heyy n I've tried almost everything to remove the family setting but it not working out Is the anything I could do to remove or restart the console fb9bf81c-b458-48eb-ad5b-5cf97f944411
  10. I bought an Xbox 360 slim second hand and it needs a parental code how do I remove it

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought an Xbox 360 slim second hand and it needs a parental code how do I remove it: I bought an Xbox 360 slim second hand and it needs a parental code how do I remove it 671c03b4-656d-4702-b796-11fab6a526fd