How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360?

Discus and support How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been trying for 2 days to remove a family passcode from a used system with no luck (I'm unable to play Dead or Alive). I tried by myself on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jay051972, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Jay051972
    Jay051972 Guest

I've been trying for 2 days to remove a family passcode from a used system with no luck (I'm unable to play Dead or Alive). I tried by myself on 4-10-2024 and today (4-11-2024) for an hour with microsoft support, again with no luck. They're pretty much blaming the controller. I only have 1 good controller as the tekken joy stick doesnt work for this. What's suppose to happen after step 2? Nothing was happening and support couldn't tell me exactly. I've been all over google for answers and they're the same that support did and what I tried on my own. PLEASE HELP ME. THANK YOU.

How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360? [​IMG]

:)

Jay051972, Apr 12, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Jay! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox 360 family passcode.

Just a gentle reminder that we are only Xbox gamers just like you here in the community. We are not Microsoft employees and we do not have tools to access any Microsoft System.

Unfortunately, this is the only option to reset your family passcode. Try to perform these steps according to Xbox Ambassador Phoenix_Reins: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...de-reset/e490aa8c-0b2f-4b17-b745-2a13d88d9865

"On the 360 dashboard, scroll over to the “System” tab.
    On the System tab, click “Console Settings”.
    Scroll down in console settings and click “System Info”.
    When the system info box comes up type in this sequence:
    LT RT X Y LB RB Y “Left Stick in” (press it in) Y Y
    A box should come up and say, "Would you like to reset the console to the factory defaults?"
    Click Reset and you’re done!"

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. IceStorm III Win User

family settings password

[quote user="TruebornPoet42"]We are setting up our xbox 360[/quote]A brand new 360 is asking you for a passcode when you go to Settings, Family?

If it was sold to you as new, stop what you are doing and exchange it at your retailer for a replacement. New 360 consoles do not have family passcodes set from the factory.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox360 d:2.17544.0

If it's a family passcode, then a reset will not remove it. You will need to register the console on account.microsoft.com with the main account that is used on the console, then on the same website select devices on the top of the page. Scroll down to
    the Xbox 360, and select show details, then at the top left select manage - reset passcode, and follow instructions from there.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Family settings

Hello Júnior 11,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console has a family passcode, and you need to remove it. We have a support article that provides instructions on

how to remove the passcode
    . We hope this information helps Júnior 11!
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Remove family password on Xbox 360

Thema:

1. How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360? - Similar Threads - remove family passcode

2. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  3. Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.: I am unable to transfer a child account from my wifes account, to my account. It says child is unable to remove from the family and gives an error code. Also, unable to add her to my account...
  4. Adult daughter needs to be removed from my family group - but she's not there

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adult daughter needs to be removed from my family group - but she's not there: My daughter is trying to connect the new Xbox she purchased. She is being notified she can't proceed because she needs to share her location and I am the family organizer. I go to my account and...
  5. Do I need to remove my sons account from family?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I need to remove my sons account from family?: Hi I bought a new Xbox X and have set it to my home with my account which has Xbox ultimate. My son uses my old Xbox one and has been using my ultimate pass to play games. I am aware this cant...
  6. How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360: Heyy n I've tried almost everything to remove the family setting but it not working out Is the anything I could do to remove or restart the console fb9bf81c-b458-48eb-ad5b-5cf97f944411
  7. I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...: I had an email address that I have deactivated because it is old. However my two kids are connected as family members and I want to remove them off the deactivated account so I can add them as...
  8. How to remove family settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to remove family settings?: Hi all, I am currently trying to change my Account location/region however it is not letting me due to “Family settings” on my account. I have looked on my account and I was the host of a family,...
  9. I have been removed from family group yet I still need permission

in XBoX on Windows
    I have been removed from family group yet I still need permission: Hiii I recently wanted to change my gamer tag. I have been in a family group so it needed permission from someone. So I went to my mothers since I have access account and removed me from the...
  10. Minor is a family organizer and cannot remove him

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minor is a family organizer and cannot remove him: Hi. I’m trying to add my son to my family however I get this error message “You'll need to leave your current family group to join a new one. To leave a group, select Go to family group, find your...