How do I recover my username after the Minecraft migration bugged ?

Discus and support How do I recover my username after the Minecraft migration bugged ? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When Minecraft migration started, I didn't want to go through the hassle, so I waited until it became mandatory. When I finally migrated my Mojang... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DJTechelmet, Nov 26, 2022.

1. DJTechelmet
    DJTechelmet Guest

When Minecraft migration started, I didn't want to go through the hassle, so I waited until it became mandatory.
    When I finally migrated my Mojang account to my Minecraft account I was informed that my copy of Minecraft (of which I still have evidence) was not recognized by my new account.
    It bothered me quite a bit, but I figured I wouldn't go through the trouble of buying the game again, since it wasn't really important.
    Then, recently, I finally decided to buy Minecraft again (I also have evidence of that), and to my astonishment, even though I had imported my old Mojang account which had my username, to my Microsoft account which also has that username, my new copy of Minecraft asked me to enter an username, and told me my old one was already taken.
    Before you ask the most basic questions ever, YES, I am sure I imported the right account.
    Now, I am not able to do anything, as my old Mojang account was practically destroyed by the import.
    I would really like to be helped shortly, as the incapacity of reclaiming the username that I possessed for years, and has days of gameplay attached to, is very frustrating.
    I trust we shall be able to retrieve my use of my username again.

I already contacted Mojang support, whom redirected me to you, and therefore, you're my last resort to recover my old account's username;
    I shall wait your reply with great weariness and excitement,
    Thanks.

:)

DJTechelmet, Nov 26, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Usually the migration process is made by Mojang / Minecraft servers
    You can share this feedback with them here:
    https://feedback.minecraft.net/hc/en-us

Even if Microsoft owns Minecraft, Minecraft and Mojang remains as a separate company with their own support and tools
  3. DJTechelmet Win User

I don’t like to give bad news, but if the user already appears used is not possible to claim it back
    I am well aware of that, and it does worry me, but I hope that Microsoft will actually do something about it rather than relegating it to Minecraft Help or Mojang Support, which I have already seen are not able to help me, because I have evidence of me owning all the accounts involved and of the migration.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this DJTECHELMET

I don’t like to give bad news, but if the user already appears used is not possible to claim it back

I don’t know exactly what happened when you did the migration process. But when you migrate the Mojang account everything should be transferred including the Minecraft username
  5. Pizza For Steve Win User

How do i recover m y microsoft email after migrating my Minecraft account?

How do I recover my Microsoft email after migrating my Minecraft account? I forgot the email please help me quick!!!! I migrated my account months ago and I don't remember my email. Please help me I'm begging you guys.
    KingShot100
  6. Nikita Tyurin Win User

I forgot the email i used for my minecraft account

i do not remember the email i used for the microsoft account migration so i cannot type it in to get my username recovered
Thema:

1. How do I recover my username after the Minecraft migration bugged ? - Similar Threads - recover username Minecraft

2. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  3. How to to recover the com.mojang.minecraftpe folder after deleting it?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to to recover the com.mojang.minecraftpe folder after deleting it?: When i tried to update the minecraft apk file. It gave a choice to save the files before deleting the app and installing it again and so i clicked yes and after that i tried to reinstall minecraft...
  4. Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?: If me and my friend texted through Xbox and I deleted the chat but they still have it can I recover it? 28272ae1-fd49-4801-98ec-ef0bb6ae4745
  5. I know my username but i lost my email can i recover the account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I know my username but i lost my email can i recover the account?: I Brought Minecraft on an account and lost the email but im still logged in and can play on microsoft games with the account can i recover the email? 8c741100-ba3c-41cc-b4bd-999adc36672f
  6. How Do i recover my hacked minecraft account (Email Changed and Username changed)

in XBoX Accessibility
    How Do i recover my hacked minecraft account (Email Changed and Username changed): On Saturday, Around 5:58 PM, December 23rd 2023, i was playing minecraft on hypixel when someone invited me to a party. they said they wanted to vc so i friended them on discord. they invited me...
  7. How do I recover my username /email associated with my long-time running gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover my username /email associated with my long-time running gamertag?: How do I recover my username /email associated with my long-time running gamertag? ad1ee8e6-71bf-4cf0-aa91-3219d9c40cab
  8. How can I recover a account that I don’t have the email to but I have the username

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recover a account that I don’t have the email to but I have the username: I’m trying to find my old Xbox account 516f2ff7-1235-4521-a707-9ab55fb95384
  9. Is there any way to recover a lost Microsoft email by just knowing the username?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way to recover a lost Microsoft email by just knowing the username?: I am currently in the situation where I can remember the username I used after I created the account, but I don't remember the email I used. This happened when I was forced to migrate my Mojang...
  10. How can I recover my Xbox account username?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recover my Xbox account username?: I have reset my console which has logged me out of my account and I can't remember my account username. I have followed all of the steps from customer support and have got nowhere. The account...