How do I re-install xbox after kid messed it up?

Discus and support How do I re-install xbox after kid messed it up? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; There was an update to xbox a while back my kid got impatient after it took a while to install and shut the computer off. They then tried to delete the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Brian King3, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Brian King3
    Brian King3 Guest

There was an update to xbox a while back my kid got impatient after it took a while to install and shut the computer off. They then tried to delete the xbox app and reinstall. The installer started but will get halfway through and... closes itself.

So uh how do I sort this, id rather avoid a win10 re-install if possible

:)

Brian King3, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Did you mean a fresh install with your operating system?
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi Brian!

Sorry to hear about that. Let's see what we can do about that.

First, let's make sure to check for any updates on your Windows. Check as well any available updates from the Microsoft Store and make sure to install them all.

Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...

Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...

Check on the Control Panel by searching it from your computer search bar > Open it > Go to Uninstall a program > Check if Xbox app is currently installed. If so, try to uninstall it from there.
    Restart your PC and attempt to install it again.

If it's not working, try the solution below.

Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:
    Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    Restart your device.
  4. Brian King3 Win User

Came up with an error message after the first line of code, Looks like a fresh install is the way forward. no worries thanks for your help
  5. Axelea69 Win User

Xbox app chat not working on IPhone Xr

I have tried the uninstall and re-install and no luck. Im in chat on my xbox now my aux port on my remote is messed up so i use the app to chat. I can hear my friend just fine i just cant talk due to the aux port mess up.
  6. Midniqht Win User

xbox 360 minecraft update problem

Hello! Sounds like the update might have messed something up. Have you tried removing the game from your Xbox entirely and then completely re-installing it?
Thema:

1. How do I re-install xbox after kid messed it up? - Similar Threads - install kid messed

2. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  3. X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated: Conan exiles wont work via game pass install or via cloud gaming. When on the cloud it will load and go to olay then says player disconnected. The cloud wont let me play conan for over 2 days now....
  4. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  5. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  6. All installs stuck at 0.0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    All installs stuck at 0.0%: Starting today I cannot download ANYTHING! Literally not a single thing. No matter the size which my Xbox can't even figure out at this point. Anything I attempt to download stays at 0.0% and the...
  7. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  8. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  9. No Install button for remote download

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Install button for remote download: Hey yall hope you can help a brother out. I'm having an issue where I can't remote download a game to my xbox and yes, I've done everything Microsoft had said and even some of yall but I got no...
  10. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1