How do I quick switch devices with the new Xbox Wireless Controller?

Discus and support How do I quick switch devices with the new Xbox Wireless Controller? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a new Xbox Wireless Controller (the one with the Share button) connected to two Windows 10 PCs via Bluetooth. Both PCs are at least Windows 10... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Entegy, Nov 12, 2020.

  1. Entegy
    Entegy Guest

    How do I quick switch devices with the new Xbox Wireless Controller?


    I have a new Xbox Wireless Controller (the one with the Share button) connected to two Windows 10 PCs via Bluetooth. Both PCs are at least Windows 10 v2004. I plugged the controller into the computer via a USB-C cable to get the firmware update via the Xbox
    Accessories app.

    I don't see any instructions on how to use the quick switch function. I've looked on the Xbox website and in the box (the quick start guide only refers to syncing the controller) but nothing describes this functionality other than this blurb on the controller's

    Xbox.com web page
    .
    How do I quick switch devices with the new Xbox Wireless Controller? [​IMG]


    :)
     
    Entegy, Nov 12, 2020
    #1
  2. Entegy Win User

    How do I quick switch devices with the new Xbox Wireless Controller?

    Ok, I seem to have figured it out, but I dunno if it's supposed to work this way. I double-tap the sync button and it switches to PC1. I hold the sync button for a second and it switches to PC2.
  3. Francia J. Win User

    So how do you switch your elite controller back and forth from different devices to windows 10?

    Hi ViperMagma, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

    The Xbox Wireless Controller that comes with Xbox Series X|S includes a feature that allows for quickly switching between a paired Bluetooth device and an Xbox console. If the controller is connected to a Bluetooth device, double-press the Pair button, and the controller will immediately switch its connection to the last Xbox console it was paired to. Then, to switch back to the paired Bluetooth device, press and hold the Pair button to start pairing mode. The controller will automatically connect to the Bluetooth device you were just using while it also searches for new devices – just in case you want to connect a different Bluetooth device or Xbox. If it doesn’t find a new device nearby in pairing mode, it will remain connected to the previous Bluetooth device.

    As of the moment, the said feature is not yet available on Xbox Elite Series 2. But what I always do is make sure that when you turn on your devices such as PC or Laptop, the Bluetooth is turned off then turn the controller on first before turning on the Bluetooth for it to automatically reconnect.
  4. Francia J. Win User

    Series S|X controller forgetting Bluetooth pairing after charging on dock

    Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

    The Xbox Wireless Controller that comes with Xbox Series X|S includes a feature that allows for quickly switching between a paired Bluetooth device and an Xbox console. If the controller is connected to a Bluetooth device, double-press the Pair button, and the controller will immediately switch its connection to the last Xbox console it was paired to.

    For more information you can check this link for detailed steps: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  5. SammyVS Win User

    Xbox Series X controller multiple devices with PC wireless adapter

    I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

    From what I've read I believe this function only works between a bluetooth device and the Xbox. It doesn't seem to work when your controller is already connected to the wireless adapter and you want to switch to Xbox.
  6. U Go 6 FT BeLOW Win User

    Poor design decision(?)

    im waiting on a quick charge third party device...i dont like the controller stands, i want to be able to switch batteries only, and not have to put them into a controller and then connect them or switch out controllers. Ya though, its been atleast 8 years
    since i've used a wired controller...
Thema:

How do I quick switch devices with the new Xbox Wireless Controller?

Loading...
  1. How do I quick switch devices with the new Xbox Wireless Controller? - Similar Threads - quick switch devices

  2. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  3. The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.

    in XboX Insiders
    The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.: Currently in the Skip-Ahead ring the quick resume of Call of Duty Cold War is not working. Instead it happens as on Xbox One, when you change the game it closes having to open it and load it...
  4. Porfavor que nos den la opción a los jugadores de quitar el quick resume

    in XboX Insiders
    Porfavor que nos den la opción a los jugadores de quitar el quick resume: Se que no soy el único pero ahora que parece que están escuchando a la comunidad ojalá den en una futura update la opción de quitar el quick resume hay bastantes juegos que dan error debido al...
  5. Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...

    in XboX Insiders
    Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...: I ask because I haven't received the update for the Disc to Digital feature yet despite being in the Omega program. I looked on a site and it said the mandatory time is 3 PM Pt on September 2....
  6. Ways to gain XP quickly to level up

    in XboX Insiders
    Ways to gain XP quickly to level up: Hi, Xbox Insiders. I am wondering if there is a faster way to gain XP to level up in the Xbox Insider App. If you can please tell me the quickest way to get XP it would be greatly appreciated....
  7. Introduction of Quick Settings Customization

    in XboX Insiders
    Introduction of Quick Settings Customization: We would like you to add an update to add the feature of customizing quick settings instead of going to the general settings, the quick settings are the ones that we can customize and meet the...
  8. Diablo 4 quick resume not working possibly related to insider build

    in XboX Insiders
    Diablo 4 quick resume not working possibly related to insider build: When playing diablo 4 if you go to things like xbox settings or your xbox profile or xbox rewards the game closes and doesn't quick resume i made sure quick resume is enabled for it but for...
  9. Available for Xbox Insiders: More Groups on Home, Custom User Colors, Quick Resume...

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for Xbox Insiders: More Groups on Home, Custom User Colors, Quick Resume...: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  10. Trying to use quick switch device feature on Elite 2 controller using PC

    in XboX Insiders
    Trying to use quick switch device feature on Elite 2 controller using PC: I am trying to switch my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 between my PC and my Google home by double tapping the sync button as you can with Xbox Series X and S controllers. I have read that joining...