How do I purchase warranty on my Microsoft Elite Controller Series 2 bought from retailer...

Discus and support How do I purchase warranty on my Microsoft Elite Controller Series 2 bought from retailer... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I purchased a New Microsoft Elite Controller Series 2 from GameStop today (4/18/22). GameStop offered me a two year warranty for $70. I heard Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by WestonWard, Apr 19, 2022.

1. WestonWard
    WestonWard Guest

How do I purchase warranty on my Microsoft Elite Controller Series 2 bought from retailer...

I purchased a New Microsoft Elite Controller Series 2 from GameStop today (4/18/22). GameStop offered me a two year warranty for $70. I heard Microsoft allows for purchase of two year warranty for $20 on these controllers purchased from retailers. I entered the serial number onto my account and it says that I have a one year warranty on it already, which does not sound correct considering I've heard everyone wants to get the warranty since they break often. Also, the general warranty info for download beneath that information says that all xbox accessories EXCEPT the xbox elite controller fall into an automatic 90 day to 3 year warranty. Does anyone know the easiest way to purchase the warranty online or over the phone?
    How do I purchase warranty on my Microsoft Elite Controller Series 2 bought from retailer... [​IMG]

:)

WestonWard, Apr 19, 2022
  2. Eden0032 Win User

XBox Elite Series 2 Not Working right and now out of warranty

Hi there.

The warranty for the Elite Series 2 controller in the US is 90 days from the day of purchase. After this period, the controller is considered out of warranty and is therefore not eligible for a replacement. If you took out extended warranty from the retailer
    then this might be an option for you.

If not, I suspect $99 for a replacement is still cheaper than buying a new out from Amazon.

I hope this helps.

-
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

How do I purchase warranty on my Microsoft Elite Controller Series 2 bought from retailer (GameStop)?

4. The Deagnos Win User

Elite series 2 controller

My elite series 2 rb button doesnt work and i cant find a replacement button how do i fix this
    Microsoft knew the controllers were defective and still sold them as a good product. they wont do anything to fix your controller because its most like out of warranty thats why the warranty was so short. The whole elite series 2 was a scam

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/defective-xbox-series-2-elite-controller-and-class/2b11a3b7-d094-4073-97b7-da1dafba71ce
  5. MorkyMork1991 Win User

Elite Series 2 - 5 months old - Bad Drifr

Hi there,

If you bought from Microsoft online, you can check the warranty left on your device by going to the link below, clicking on the Elite Series 2 controller and looking below it on the new tab to see how long the warranty is for

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders
  6. Georges C. Win User

Updating warranty for xbox elite controller

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello John, Microsoft has determined that the Elite's warranty has increased from 90 days to 01 year, so please try following the procedure in the link below to upgrade your warranty.

"to ensure your satisfaction, we're extending the warranty coverage period on Elite Series 2 controllers from 90 days to 1 year from the date of purchase."

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

Update your warranty with your proof-of-purchase

https://support.microsoft.com>/en-us/topic/u...
Thema:

1. How do I purchase warranty on my Microsoft Elite Controller Series 2 bought from retailer... - Similar Threads - purchase warranty Microsoft

2. Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.: I have purchased Xbox controller through https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com site in EU. After registering the device, it shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2. How to update the warranty...
  3. Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.: I recently received a brand new Xbox series S for Christmas last month. However, when I went to register the console and controller into my Microsoft account it said that the controller warranty...
  4. Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty: Why does my brand new controller show only 2 months warranty (carbon black)?. I bought it from Walmart with a gift card that I got for Christmas. 11520835-9864-4e2f-a5e9-423ad6fdb1a8
  5. Update your warranty with your proof-of-purchase - South Africa

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update your warranty with your proof-of-purchase - South Africa: HI, How do we contact xbox support in south africa. The only thing we can do is chat to an AI bot which is not very helpful. I need to chat with the xbox support team regarding updating the...
  6. Why the Xbox series S warranty period ended within 2 months of purchase?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why the Xbox series S warranty period ended within 2 months of purchase?: I bought Xbox series s on August 2023, but the warranty period shows as ended on October 2023. I tried to reach out Microsoft customer support numbers. The warranty period should be 1 year or 6...
  7. Purchased new, sealed elite 2 controller today and registered for warranty but says...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased new, sealed elite 2 controller today and registered for warranty but says...: I purchased a new, sealed Xbox elite 2 core controller yesterday from a retailer (GameStop) and it is showing as having been registered over 3 months ago. I know GameStop has tons of used items...
  8. Series X device Warranty is not correct per my purchase invoice & receipt and now I need to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X device Warranty is not correct per my purchase invoice & receipt and now I need to...: I bought my xbox series x on August 14 2022, which I have supporting invoice and paid receipt for, thus it should still fall within the 1 year warranty, however per my account - devices my series...
  9. How to Claim warranty on Cygnett power bank purchased using Xbox point ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Claim warranty on Cygnett power bank purchased using Xbox point ?: I purchased a Cygnett 500 MHz power bank using Xbox point, I hardly use the power bank but now its inflated on both side a its risky to use, Where can I find warranty repair/replacment info for...
  10. Xbox series s warranty shows as being expired months before brand new purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s warranty shows as being expired months before brand new purchase: I purchased my series s console on August 26 2022, I should still have warranty on it but according to the registered devices section the warranty expired the previous march. Any idea why this...