How do i play with friends? Me and my friends always appear offline. Can't send messages to...

Discus and support How do i play with friends? Me and my friends always appear offline. Can't send messages to... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Out internet connection is fine. We can play Forza Horizon 4 online with other people, but we can't join each others session or send an invite so we... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by NickZaw, Feb 14, 2020.

1. NickZaw
    NickZaw Guest

How do i play with friends? Me and my friends always appear offline. Can't send messages to...

Out internet connection is fine. We can play Forza Horizon 4 online with other people, but we can't join each others session or send an invite so we can play together. My NAT type is open and everything in Network tab is ok. I have opened all the ports
    that support said should be open but my friends still can't join me or send me an invite. I can only play with random people that i get matchmaked with.

:)

NickZaw, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Netechma Win User

How do i play with friends? Me and my friends always appear offline. Can't send messages to each other, can't send game invites.

Without references like these I never would have known the term NAT type let alone what one is. I hope your issue was fixed. If nothing else your thread educated me on some things.
  3. NickZaw Win User

How do i play with friends? Me and my friends always appear offline. Can't send messages to each other, can't send game invites.

But my NAT is open and my friends can't join me or invite me anyway, or even see me when im online. Even those who also have open NAT
  4. Viper7Gamer Win User

That is how the Appear Offline works by design. So you don't get unwanted pop ups.

The only way you can send a game invite to your friend is if he is appearing online and vice versa.
  5. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Are you just appearing offline or do you mean you actually disconnect from internet and play offline?
  6. Frozenturkey7 Win User

Do you have xboxlive if not that may be your problem.
Thema:

1. How do i play with friends? Me and my friends always appear offline. Can't send messages to... - Similar Threads - play friends friends

2. Play with friends bug now!!!!!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Play with friends bug now!!!!!!!: Play with friends view Activision/Blizzard game in Xcloud we cant play Hope Microsoft resolve it soon! submitted by /u/jontebula [link] [comments]
  3. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  4. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  5. How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?: I know that xbox live gold now is game pass core, but i want to be sure that when i will redeem game pass core code i would be able to play online. be780707-f773-462d-b006-4b52ef2c6e44
  6. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  7. Friends haven’t played games but have ?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends haven’t played games but have ?: So my friend and I play together a lot but now they’ve gone silent. I check their profile and check the game stats and it says they haven’t played any games. When I try to compare it says the same...
  8. How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?: How to play with Xbox friends?? I'm having an issue playing SOT on steam deck and trying to join an Xbox friend. After wasting a bunch of time trying to get the invite to work in game, I tried...
  9. Why am i not able to join when i play with my friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am i not able to join when i play with my friend: Ive been trying to play with my friend for a while but whenever i join its not letting me. It just says “unable to connect to world” 2ed46b5a-12a5-4e54-9cfe-d5b9098e9fc2
  10. Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...: Hey, I have a problem with my friend who has purchased the game on steam, i have it on my xbox and my question is that how can i and my friend get in the same game that one of us hosted?...